All things Dundee FC

James McPake reported as joining Dunfermline today.

What are we getting? He took you up the play off to the Premiership right? Should be more than capable at League One level surely?
Unless he signs Charlie Adam, enjoy a mid table finish. Also should you have any potentially prolific strikers expect them to be punted and to start banging in the goals elsewhere.

Basically he's not a good manager.

Lamie isn't any better than what we have which isn't very good in the first place. Gives our new manager a bit more money to spend as we'd have offered Lamie a decent wedge to leave Motherwell.

On 22/05/2022 at 21:04, Mr. Alli said:

Can't see any reason why Scott Allan wouldn't want to come back to Dens. I'd even promise to adhere to the rules set out in the restraining order if he promises to sign. 

Injured too often. 

I’m disappointed to see Lamie stay at Motherwell. He would’ve greatly improved us defensively. 

Apparently only Jack Ross and Shaun Maloney left in the run for the manager’s job according to the courier. Wouldn’t grumble with either but I hope it’s Jack Ross  

20 hours ago, K.T said:

I think McPake could do well at Dunfermline and I’d think there’s a good chance Charlie Adam will end up there with him. His biggest failing for me was never having a plan B

What kind of formation was preferred by McPake. 1 or 2 up top, back 3 or 4. One holding midfielder or double pivot?

Edited by Chubbychops

48 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

What kind of formation was preferred by McPake. 1 or 2 up top, back 3 or 4. One holding midfielder or double pivot?

One up top. Even if you have 4 good strikers he will play one up top. 

He will attempt three at the back. Again - even if you don't have the players for the system, he will attempt it. 

Usually played with two 'sitters'. 

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Pretty much what Mr Alli said above and I’d also add you may see two strikers in the starting XI and think he’s playing 2 up front but you will soon realise he’s playing a striker on the wing.

21 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:

That’s changed this year. They’ve removed the regionalisation. 

And I’m sure Fraserburgh are glad of that now having to travel to Kilmarnock.