All things Dundee FC

I would honestly prefer ICT to go up tonight. Out record against them had been dire for as long as I can remember, whereas we usually get at least a split of the points with the fermers each season. Any other thoughts??

f**k Scot Gardiner.

f**k Billy Dodds.

f**k St Johnstone having the potential to have as big or bigger a budget than us next season

=

Easy St Johnstone win for me.

Still think playing St J much more of an atmosphere than those highland bores. 

Re Scott Allen, thought he played with ICT for a bit, wasn't excited by what I saw on tv (not much to be fair). Bigger priority for me is a physical presence in the midfield, something we've lacked for years. I mean, who would you regard as the current player that consistently wins headers in the middle of the park? Unless we want to go for the McCann style total football on a shoestring strategy again!!!

9 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

James McPake reported as joining Dunfermline today.

What are we getting? He took you up the play off to the Premiership right? Should be more than capable at League One level surely?

Think it's fair to say every single Dee on here wanted him out, the post match interviews will send you to sleep as well.

18 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

James McPake reported as joining Dunfermline today.

What are we getting? He took you up the play off to the Premiership right? Should be more than capable at League One level surely?

Expect an imbalanced team full of his mates, with players playing out of position and no way of knowing how to turn around a game when you are losing. He is also rumoured to be a bully to the more inexperienced players.

12 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Expect an imbalanced team full of his mates, with players playing out of position and no way of knowing how to turn around a game when you are losing. He is also rumoured to be a bully to the more inexperienced players.

Sounds like a big improvement on our last two managers then, cheers!

It's written by Scott Burns, one of the better journos tbf and there were rumours at the time it was between Dundee & ourselfs for his signature.

Scott Burns is "one of the better journalists" because he gets the inside scoop on transfer stories as a result of his good relationship with managers and agents. And one of the ways you build those good relationships is by writing puff pieces about them like this one, which makes McPake look hard done by at Dundee and boosts his reputation as a result.

24 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah, the 'keep throwing on strikers policy' wasn't a success.

I think McPake could do well at Dunfermline and I’d think there’s a good chance Charlie Adam will end up there with him. His biggest failing for me was never having a plan B