All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Where do you reckon Mullen will end up?

I've heard United and I've heard Motherwell, and I reckon he's done bloody well if he gets a deal with either. Can't imagine where else in Scotland he'd willingly go if he can't get a Prem team and turned us down.

Do we think Mulligan and Anderson will be good enough as our two main men in midfield with Byrne behind? Looked very promising in our last couple of dead rubbers. Kevin McDonald/Scott Allan type creativity needed.

Without Adam, we were toothless last season. Where do we inject creativity into the team?

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Do we think Mulligan and Anderson will be good enough as our two main men in midfield with Byrne behind? Looked very promising in our last couple of dead rubbers. Kevin McDonald/Scott Allan type creativity needed.

Without Adam, we were toothless last season. Where do we inject creativity into the team?

McDonald's not getting a new deal at United. Still a very calm, classy player. Should comfortably still have the legs for the Championship.

22 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I've heard United and I've heard Motherwell, and I reckon he's done bloody well if he gets a deal with either. Can't imagine where else in Scotland he'd willingly go if he can't get a Prem team and turned us down.

His popularity would drop like a stone on here if the former but doesn't sound like you're too worried losing him. Be ballsy if he rejected an offer from you without an SPL club lined. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

4 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

His popularity would drop like a stone on here if the former but doesn't sound like you're too worried losing him. Be ballsy if he rejected an offer from you without an SPL club lined. 

He was never our most popular player to begin with. Won over some with his work rate tbf.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

He was never our most popular player to begin with. Won over some with his work rate tbf.

When I've watched Dundee he always showed endeavour and looked fairly competent in front of goal without being prolific

McDaid gone so just Rudden left up top or you still got Cillian? New manager will strengthen that top line as a priority i'd imagine

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Never won over me. Dreadful that he was our main striker in the premier league. Couldnae hit a coo’s arse wi a banjo. 

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

When I've watched Dundee he always showed endeavour and looked fairly competent in front of goal without being prolific

McDaid gone so just Rudden left up top or you still got Cillian? New manager will strengthen that top line as a priority i'd imagine

Don’t worry mate. I’ve got a list of transfer targets. 

28 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Unless we sign someone like Allan, we'll have to rely on Gowser again. Maybe not as sound an idea as it was a few years ago...

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

1st touch was like hitting a wall, 2nd touch was a battle, 3rd would get it under control. Some of the worst sitters missed by him that I can recall going to the games. 

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Gowser is fine for another year.

He is proved time and time again, when played properly he can still do some damage.

I agree, but solely relying on him as a creative influence is not ideal imo. I feel at the absolute minimum we need a decent striker, a creative midfielder and a centre-back to add to our team if we're to win the league.

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

1st touch was like hitting a wall, 2nd touch was a battle, 3rd would get it under control. Some of the worst sitters missed by him that I can recall going to the games. 

Only watched a handful of Dee games to be fair over the last 2 years so will take your word for it. Not a big loss then and can do better.

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

Simon Murray was better than Danny Mullen.

There I said it.

Seen Murray a fair few times this season and he's got a great work-rate but needs to play in a front 2 or else he spends too much time in the channels.