All things Dundee FC

Here we go again. The yearly cycle of season ticket prices for people to moan about.

Do people never get bored of the same old pish, deary me. 

Looking forward to the break after that honking season. Changes needed on the manager front as well as players in decisive positions. Get it right this time Dundee ffs.

If you have spare funds for a season ticket (works out around £20 a game which isn't bad) then great. If not PATG. It's really not worth crying over.

Thank you.

The reason we ended up with two strikers...

Absolute negligence from John Nelms coming to the fore again.

It's been speculated previously that McPake had his hands tied with the January window as Nelms was away at the start of the window (and again later on during it). 

Is it any wonder we had a disastrous window when the most important month of our season, Nelms had went on a holiday? It says in the article it was club business but it was the rugby in Italy he went to.

The Kyle Lafferty sliding doors moment as Kilmarnock star could have joined Dundee if James McPake had his way - Daily Record

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's been speculated previously that McPake had his hands tied with the January window as Nelms was away at the start of the window (and again later on during it). 

Is it any wonder we had a disastrous window when the most important month of our season, Nelms had went on a holiday? It says in the article it was club business but it was the rugby in Italy he went to.

The Kyle Lafferty sliding doors moment as Kilmarnock star could have joined Dundee if James McPake had his way - Daily Record

No referencing or anything, just another full of shite journalist imo.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Just away to post this, absolute madness  I don’t want to say it cost mcpkae his job but at the very least it was a nail in the coffin he didn’t need, also makes sense as to when he was sacked if nelms pretty much came back from holiday after the window taking no notice of the fact we were on a 2 game unbeaten run

20 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

No referencing or anything, just another full of shite journalist imo.

It's written by Scott Burns, one of the better journos tbf and there were rumours at the time it was between Dundee & ourselfs for his signature.

5 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

It's written by Scott Burns, one of the better journos tbf and there were rumours at the time it was between Dundee & ourselfs for his signature.

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'm pretty sure it's legit.

I don't doubt for a second that we were both in for him, but to say that Lafferty didn't want to leave Kilmarnock hanging on because Nelms was in a different time zone is just bollocks imo. He couldn't wait an additional 8 hours? 

No quotes or references to a 'source' called out in his piece makes me think that it's all opinion and just clickbait.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I don't doubt for a second that we were both in for him, but to say that Lafferty didn't want to leave Kilmarnock hanging on because Nelms was in a different time zone is just bollocks imo. He couldn't wait an additional 8 hours? 

No quotes or references to a 'source' called out in his piece makes me think that it's all opinion and just clickbait.

It says Lafferty was prepared to give us more time which suggests that it was days rather than hours.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

It says Lafferty was prepared to give us more time which suggests that it was days rather than hours.

"Lafferty was due to go into Kilmarnock to meet with Derek McInnes but was prepared to give Dundee additional time to finalise their offer.

The issue for the Dens Park club was that Nelms was on business in America and because of the time difference they were unable to get a quick fire answer.

Lafferty felt it was wrong to keep Kilmarnock hanging on and signed on at Rugby Park for the season."

The time difference line, suggests it was hours.

Or as I suspect, his piece is a load of made up shite.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

"Lafferty was due to go into Kilmarnock to meet with Derek McInnes but was prepared to give Dundee additional time to finalise their offer.

The issue for the Dens Park club was that Nelms was on business in America and because of the time difference they were unable to get a quick fire answer.

Lafferty felt it was wrong to keep Kilmarnock hanging on and signed on at Rugby Park for the season."

It was said at the time that Nelms was away for the first week of the window and McPake couldn't even finalise his targets. Came out in the media at the time but McPake smoothed it over by saying it was just about getting deals signed off rather than the first meeting.

Regardless, Nelms certainly left McPake hanging during the window IMO. He was away multiple times during January even taking a holiday for the rugby in Italy during the month Nelms was most needed at Dens or available 24/7.

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

'X' Striker that single handedly promoted 'X' team could have played for and saved 'X' relegated team.

I agree. 

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It was said at the time that Nelms was away for the first week of the window and McPake couldn't even finalise his targets. Came out in the media at the time but McPake smoothed it over by saying it was just about getting deals signed off rather than the first meeting.

Regardless, Nelms certainly left McPake hanging during the window IMO. He was away multiple times during January even taking a holiday for the rugby in Italy during the month Nelms was most needed at Dens or available 24/7.

Even if it was true, I don't blame Nelms for taking time to approve this, if it was over the pre authorised wage structure. He might have had to move the finances around from other areas of the business in order to pay for him.

It was lack of financial management and lack of caution that has landed our club in the shite before.

That's if this story is true, which I don't think it is.

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Here we go again. The yearly cycle of season ticket prices for people to moan about.

Do people never get bored of the same old pish, deary me. 

Looking forward to the break after that honking season. Changes needed on the manager front as well as players in decisive positions. Get it right this time Dundee ffs.

If you have spare funds for a season ticket (works out around £20 a game which isn't bad) then great. If not PATG. It's really not worth crying over.

Thank you.

Couldn't agree More. Was in the shop Today renewing me and my boys season tickets. Works out at Just less than £20 a match which is what you expect to pay for football nowadays.

Greg Stewart now transferred and signed a two year deal at Mumbia FC.

Genuine good luck to him as I have a feeling whoever our new manager is, they'll be looking forward and not back the way.

Announce Paul McGinn, Scotty Allan, Kevin Holt.........................lol.

Mind you all joking apart in fairness, I'd have Paul McGinn back at Dens Park.

Regards

31 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Greg Stewart now transferred and signed a two year deal at Mumbia FC.

Genuine good luck to him as I have a feeling whoever our new manager is, they'll be looking forward and not back the way.

Announce Paul McGinn, Scotty Allan, Kevin Holt.........................lol.

Mind you all joking apart in fairness, I'd have Paul McGinn back at Dens Park.

Regards

Cracking and under appreciated right back for us.

I'd have killed for the back line of

Holt -- Konrad -- McPake -- McGinn

in the season just ended.

Bring back Gadz and Konrad IMO.

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Cracking and under appreciated right back for us.

I remember arguing with quite a few boys on here about McGinn. He was a scapegoat due to Stewart being all out attack. His crosses not dotting on to the lone strikers head was always an issue too. 

Never been replaced in the squad. 

9 hours ago, neildundee said:

I'm moving to Philly and was planning on taking in a Union game. Looking at their ticket prices it's about $25-$40 for a single game. Not sure if those seats give the best view of the pitch but found that price is fairly reasonable.  Think the last time I was at Dens, about 7 or 8 years ago, the ticket price was £25 for me. Last time I had a season ticket it was £250 if I remember right. 

On a non-weekend game you could probably get a ticket at kickoff on stubhub for $10.

Is it just me that finds the club shop either horribly over priced or just about always out of stock?

not much in the way of woman or young lassies wear either, I’m sure they like football too

Good to see Josh in the 21s, no idea if that has been happening regularly but very well deserved imo. More surprised but delighted to see Harrison in there as well, just reward for some fine performances towards the end of the season.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scotland-under-21-squad-named-for-double-header-against-belgium-and-denmark/?rid=13925&fbclid=IwAR16oBMl535hSvRDP799nMW6sqNTg8noXLy4nbHe2q-6SFV7OnUx1W0yZVQ

Edited by The Algebraist