All things Dundee FC

Open message for John Nelms.  However I do realise fan consultation is not yours' or the Club's thing nowadays.

Instant forgiveness is achievable for the last five seasons of nonsense and misery under Messrs Neil McCann, Jim McIntyre, James McPake and latterly Mark McGhee by announcing the immediate appointment of Jack Ross as Team Manager.

I've personally attended Dens Park since my youth in the mid 70's and never have I considered my ongoing commitment to the club more so than now. Your ongoing record of the above managerial appointments is at best shambolic knee-jerk reactions and at worst downright negligent which would not be tolerated in any shape or form in the real business world with respect.

Get this appointment wrong again, ie nonsensical unproven appointments or indeed Mr Strachans' offspring and count me out for the foreseeable future unless there is a dramatic improvement and to be honest you can realistically multiply my skull by several thousand I'm sure.

Merely my concerned opinion, thanks for reading.

PS, if you appoint someone, for example Shaun Maloney instead of the favoured most applicable candidate Jack Ross, please have the decency and respect the support in explaining your decision. That also includes you Gordon Strachan if you're now pulling a considerable salary from our club. 

Thank you.   

6 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Who do we want to fail the most, Perth fc or Billy Dodds?

My preference is Billy Dodds.

Thank you.

Clearly always happy for that little sh1t to fail but games against St Johnstone are going to be far better atmosphere than against Inverness. And besides, if you want to see a great example of bore football just watch back their game against Arbroath, even when 11 v 11 it was atrocious to watch Inverness with their "game-plan". So maybe better for them to go up and then come straight back down and save us from having the little .... at Dens more than we have to  

Can I ask what happens if Jack Ross is appointed and we’re no better?

cause if he’s appointed and we are pants  is it down to the fans or does it still count as the board being inept?

20 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

cause if he’s appointed and we are pants  is it down to the fans or does it still count as the board being inept?

TBF to the board, they have always backed the managers with funding. The problem is, our recent managers have been pretty new to it or complete dinosaurs. The signings have been either really poor, un required for that position or just old mates. With the odd exception that have been outstanding, but mix them with the rest, the team becomes mediocre at best.

Our most successful manager under the current directors has been Hartley, new to management of a full time team, he excelled with some of his early signings in the likes of Stewart and Hemmings. The team were fit. However once an imbalance was created when they left, he had no idea how to fix it, his inexperience shone through at this point. I think he was a good risk at the time, but needed a better scouting network, to at least plan better.

I think someone like Ross would be a good fit for us, he gets a decent budget and is not inexperienced or a dinosaur. He knows the club and what us as fans expect. I doubt the team would be lop sided, full of old mates or unfit and I think he would be better at planning for situations before they become a problem.

But if it doesn't work out then the board have clearly listened to what we are after and not surprised us with a pundit, a DAB or Mark Mc'Fuckin'Ghee. So we can't blame them at all if it goes tits up, and by this time Kevin Thompson will be ready for the step up.

But after all this it will be Gavin Strachan.

43 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

I wasn’t impressed when McCann was made permanent manager.  Yes, he did well keeping us up but i don’t think he was a realistic long term manager.  More a short term fix to get the best out of what was a relatively reasonable squad of players.  Appointing him as a permanent manager was extremely risky, particularly given the fact he openly stated he was essentially committed at virtually all costs to passing football.  

I didn’t want McIntyre.  I don’t know any Dundee fan that did.  No point in discussing this appointment any further.

I didn’t want McPake.  He was doing a good job in the youth set up but experimenting whether he had what it takes to be a good manager was ridiculous given the fact we were trying to bounce straight back up.

I didn’t want McGhee and I think Strachan should have a good hard look at himself regarding this appointment BUT I did think McGhee would improve the shape of the team and read games better (I think he did but I can see why others may think he did not).  For all McGhee’s faults I think it’s very unfair to judge him too harshly given he had to work with a squad assembled by McPake and had no opportunity whatsoever to add even one player of his choosing. 

I don’t think it is asking too much for Nelms to appoint a manager that, on paper at the very least, looks like a well thought out and good appointment.  If Nelms does that I don’t think there would be anywhere near the same level of criticism that is currently being directed at him.

Edited by Shadow Play

Jack Ross would be the most positive/competent managerial appointment for Dundee Football Club since Archie Knox in the mid 1980's.

This is not merely my opinion, this is a fact based upon the previous several numerous decades actually of attending Dens Park.

Put this in some sort of perspective, Dundee United, who are currently bullshitting regarding their existing clown head coach TC regarding imaginary interest from the English Championship.

If he left, do not fool yourself, they'd break the financial hi-viz bank to land Jack Ross.

Fact.

Announce Jack Ross at Dens Park please, asap.

Ta. 

7 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Who do we want to fail the most, Perth fc or Billy Dodds?

My preference is Billy Dodds.

Thank you.

We don't always see eye to eye, but you're absolutely spot on here.

f**k Billy Dodds and his EBTs

43 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Then it's simply bad luck. Appointing a guy who ticks all the relevant boxes and backing him, but it then doesn't work out is nobody's fault really, just one of those things. 

However, repeatedly employing managers that literally any supporter would be able to tell is a total fucking disaster in the making, which then becomes a total fucking disaster is entirely the fault of the guy employing him, ie Nelms, eg:

• Pretty much everyone knew McGhee was a fucking laughable appointment, and he proved to be a fucking laughable appointment.
  • Literally every Dundee fan could have, and many indeed DID, tell Nelms why trying to bring in Billy Dodds alongside McIntyre was a ridiculous idea, it still took Nelms what seemed like an eternity to get that Dodds absolutely wasn't welcome.

The law of averages surely dictate we must employ a decent manager at some point ffs 😂

Jack Ross was being linked to Charlton on social media so a guy on the other forum went and checked their forum to see if they were discussing him and here's what he found:

image.png.68b823624e9a3918af8a10011310a62d.png

image.png.1288b4709db66a5de11b4cfc8430308e.png

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jack Ross was being linked to Charlton on social media so a guy on the other forum went and checked their forum to see if they were discussing him and here's what he found:

You missed out the 'according to Pie & Bovril' line from their post.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

My question then would be how would they know that for sure? Only thing I would imagine would be forums like these and TDB.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Isobel Sneddon Young Player of the Year award - Max Anderson

Goal of the Season award - Charlie Adam (Goal vs. United)

Andrew de Vries Player of the Season award & Players' Player of the Season award - Ryan Sweeney

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

I don't personally get the whole Strachan shenanigans.

He was offered the job and said flat out he didn't want it but has continued hanging around like a bad smell.

In his apparently unofficial time at Dens, he sounded out advice to McPake (who was shit) and obviously was instrumental in getting his pal McGhee the job (who was also shit).

A sane person would look at that and say 2 for 2 you have no idea what you're doing, but we've gone and made him director of football?