All things Dundee FC

26 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, MarbellaDEE said:
Terrifying that McGhee hasn’t been punted yet. 

No need with just the one game to go.

He certainly deserves the opportunity to improve his win ratio.

5 minutes ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

Is this definite? can't help thinking they will be tempted to keep him.

Scott Burns has stated as such, which is about as good as we can get without it being officially confirmed by the club yet.

Who gives a monkeys' chuff what the national or indeed the local press are commenting upon?

Only one appointment Mr John Nelms' is going to sell season tickets next season, so advise Gordon Strachan accordingly. 

You take the credit, WGS takes the credit, just get it done.

Thank you.

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_6d8e324e-5914-11ec-81f2-17f963b74220.thumb.jpg.f05f908e16db11e9fbc5ef195f39cf62.jpg 

26 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Who gives a monkeys' chuff what the national or indeed the local press are commenting upon?

Only one appointment Mr John Nelms' is going to sell season tickets next season, so advise Gordon Strachan accordingly. 

Thank you.

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_6d8e324e-5914-11ec-81f2-17f963b74220.thumb.jpg.f05f908e16db11e9fbc5ef195f39cf62.jpg 

I'm very tempted to buy one again next season. I missed out this year because of the ongoing rona hokey pokey.

Championship with a strong possibility of winning, dependant of course on the correct appointment, is very appealing.

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

I'm very tempted to buy one again next season. I missed out this year because of the ongoing rona hokey pokey.

Championship with a strong possibility of winning, dependant of course on the correct appointment, is very appealing.

I have to agree @Crawford, you've only to look at the poor standard generally in the Scottish Premiership this season from 75% of the clubs.

Dundee United for example have a 39.49% points return, a 29.7% win ratio and a negative eight goal difference. This is only five more victories with similar drawn results than an automatic relegation slot and yet they have indeed achieved European football.

Just goes to show how poorly James McPake, Mark McGhee and the generic player pool have performed this season.

The targets are not too high, appoint Jack Ross and all is good, imho.

Regards.

5 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Mellowed on this news throughout the day. While I still think Strachan is a dinosaur, he certainly will have more relevant experience and a savvier mindset for the role than Nelms every would, and the real positive is that Nelms will be mainly focused on off-field matters now.

The real fear came from the thought that Strachan would hire another mate or relative. McGhee won't stay though, and I do believe he was picked just to be a stop-gap gaffer anyway. I will believe that Strachan will genuinely try to solve the problem his new role will give him, and hope that he chooses wisely and proves he's still got the mind for the game. 

What gives me the fear is I can only really believe the first paragraph. I don't trust Nelms and Strachan not to do exactly what you say they won't in the second...

Seriously hope I'm being overly cynical but my nerves are jangling at the prospect of Strachan making an absolute c*nt of the choice of the next manager.

It's been lovely to see you this season, but I guess it could never last, we all have to find our natural level eventually.

I would wish you luck for the championship, but I am sure you don't need the pressure. Just watch the League 1 trapdoor though. It's hard to get out of, ask Falkirk who are bigger than you.

FB_IMG_1652215072301.jpg

38 minutes ago, DUFC - South of the Border said:

I know, right. Still, just as well artwork doesn't win football games, or we'd have got relegated too. 

Think you'd have got liquidated, tbqphwy. 

10 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Thank you.

Black face Daytona? @Shadow Play

Thank you.

So, serious question: "Is Nelms, at it?"

Sticking with McPake for as long as he did, allowing Strachan to join then job share at Celtic, allowing Strachan to pick McGhee, picking McGhee, then telling Strachan he is to make the decision on the next manager.

Club owners are a double edged sword at the best of times, but f**k me, putting Strachan in charge of cleaning up the mess made by.. *checks notes* ..Strachan, seems like triple A trolling from Nelms.

Get Doon, Stay Doon, Die

Thank You.

Premise this is a United fan? Never understand why you would want your rivals to die (or any club - maybe the old firm as a possible exception). Id argue you wouldn’t even want them relegated as then miss out the chance to beat them in the derbies.

Also, if Dundee get it right then they should walk the league next season