All things Dundee FC

12 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

Don't think John nelms has a fucking clue about football full stop to be honest never mind can he get the manager appointment correct.

At least he hasn’t let his ego get in the way of making decisions that he has no real experience of like Cormack up the road but entrusting them in such a renowned stubborn man isn’t a good thing either imo. I’m glad he’s staying at Dundee though as was expecting to end up at us again.

Edited by gannonball

Just now, Day of the Lords said:

This has all the hallmarks of Nelms appointing some untested, inexperienced manager (again) and us fucking up the easiest second tier line up in the last 30 years. 

I am fully aware that it's not possible for obvious reasons, but if this is indeed Nelms's plan, he can f**k the f**k off and take Strachan with him.

I mean, it'll be Strachan picking the manager now and not Nelms. So instead of someone with no football mind picking it, it's someone with a football mind that's 20 years out of date who is picking it.

I think Nelms has seen his own  failings. He has done something that we have all asked for, and taken someone on to look after the football side and who knows the Scottish game. 

It's a tad unfortunate that this is Gordon Strachan.

3 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Any of you guys watch Sportscene last night  ? Jack Ross was speaking up for Dundee should be pushing for top six and Europe sounded like a come and get me. 

Which we will ignore and appoint some protege of Strachan's 😂

I've wracked my brain on trying to stay positive about this and the best I could come up with is:

Strachan & Hartley are very, very close and Hartley describes him on the regular as who he bases most of his own managerial career on.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've wracked my brain on trying to stay positive about this and the best I could come up with is:

Strachan & Hartley are very, very close and Hartley describes him on the regular as who he bases most of his own managerial career on.

Welcome to Paul and the 45 incoming midfielders.

Guest Wieghortsnut

Itll be someone thats played under Strachan before or Charlie Adam.

Someone like fucking James Beattie

Edited by Wieghortsnut

JR is the logical option and the best we could hope for. Experience of turning a doomed team into title winners within a season. Seeing as this is Dundee though we'll end up with the DoF's son or the manager we sacked 5 years previous.