All things Dundee FC

9 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I don’t know about that.  It took United 4 years to get out the Championship and apparently they are a massive club.

We are. Qualified for Europe again tonight in case you missed it.

If you don't hose that league next year you would be as well folding. 

Presuming the saintees stay up only ICT should give you any trouble. Half the league isn't even completely full time 

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

We are. Qualified for Europe again tonight in case you missed it.

If you don't hose that league next year you would be as well folding. 

Presuming the saintees stay up only ICT should give you any trouble. Half the league isn't even completely full time 

Genuine question.  Why do you think it took you 4 years to escape the league?  

Just now, Shadow Play said:

Shite managerial appointments. The likes of McKinnon & Csaba. 

Nelms can't afford a shite appointment.

Hard lines Dundee - you did give us a good laugh along the way though, and that's the real cinch.

Reckon you'll do fine next season and will probably, but you'll probably need to jettison Mark McGhee the mentalist man in order to do that. Whether it's Rusk or A. N. Other, I reckon as long as you don't do what we did and sign distinctly average players at this level you should be favourites.

41 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Terrible recruitment and a consequent huge turnover of players

I dont think we knew whether to stick or twist first year down. Ordinarily you spend the most money but Hibs were there.

We did then spend money next year and recruited probably the worst United squad in my lifetime and finished behind St Mirren and Livi.

You will need to get your recruitment right but you must be confident in a league that might look like Arbroath ITC, Partick, Raith, Hamilton, Morton, Ayr, Cove Rangers and Airdrie. 

41 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Except we have a full squad signed up for next season.

I hope we pay some of their contracts up.

Charlie Adam retains enormous skill and a wonderful football brain, but time has caught up with him for pace, mobility and work rate.

Paul McGowan was probably one of Dundee's better players in Paisley last weekend but age is catching up on him too.

Danny Mullen is such a hard working player, if only he had some footballing skills and an ounce of composure he'd be a Scotland international.

If Paul McMullen wore swimming trunks he'd be a better Olympic diver than Tom Daley. Refs have his card marked.

In summary, clear out the ex-St Mirren contingent and you'll be on an upward curve.

Rickie Lamie, who scored the goal to give Motherwell top six football, also scored the goal which qualified them for Europe. I don't doubt he feels mistakes have been made with that PCA. Anyway, 'Well manager Graham Alexander talked about it tonight, and it very much feels like this relegation clause will kick in and we'll not be seeing him next season. Maybe we'll see some money in order to activate the clause? Purely pie-in-the-sky stuff from me there tbh.

image.png.299067f9d2c3d397794b931c91bcc2dd.png

image.png.b9f7cc112b0dda14d7302fceefbd6d16.png

image.png.9f211d4beb9eb7ca0564087a7c51cb25.png

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

9 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Rickie Lamie, who scored the goal to give Motherwell top six football, also scored the goal which qualified them for Europe. I don't doubt he feels mistakes have been made with that PCA. Anyway, 'Well manager Graham Alexander talked about it tonight, and it very much feels like this relegation clause will kick in and we'll not be seeing him next season. Maybe we'll see some money in order to activate the clause? Purely pie-in-the-sky stuff from me there tbh.

image.png.299067f9d2c3d397794b931c91bcc2dd.png

image.png.b9f7cc112b0dda14d7302fceefbd6d16.png

image.png.9f211d4beb9eb7ca0564087a7c51cb25.png

He's shite and likely to be expensive if we are outspending Motherwell to get him. Hope it falls through tbh.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's shite and likely to be expensive if we are outspending Motherwell to get him. Hope it falls through tbh.

All I'll say in disagreement is that I think he'd do well in the Championship, but I wouldn't be too bothered if he doesn't come, mainly as he probably will cost more than he's worth.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee