All things Dundee FC

Oh yeah, having a shareholder deficit of £2.7 MILLION pounds and a Profit and Loss account sitting at negative £7.7 MILLION pounds and then facing relegation is completely fine. [emoji1787]
Apparently the following direct quote from the last accounts is also perfectly normal. [emoji1787]
"As the company does not have formal funding facilities in place to cover any financial deficits which might occur during the forecast period, the directors recognise that the company might again require to obtain further financial support from the company’s majority shareholder."
It's not even as though you've never seen your club in administration. Twice in recent years it's happened and the last time you were docked 25 points and you ended up a bawhair away from being in League 1. That appears to have been swiftly forgotten.
But none of this worries you at all because you made a tiny profit in that year due to some insurance payout thing so that fixes everything. [emoji1787]
And now you fantasists are wittering on about sacking McGhee and will no doubt demand the extra funding to get promoted again immediately. With what? Whose money? It can't be the club's money. There isn't any.
Oh yeah, it's ME who is having the minter here. [emoji1787]
Is there anyone so fucking blind as a football supporter?
McGhee doesn't need sacked as he's only contracted till the end of the season.

22 minutes ago, K.T said:

Charlie’s last game at Dens? Some tears from him at full time 

Yeh he was still emotional when he came over to the Main Stand.  

Also, fair play to the South East Section tonight.  As soon as the team gave them something to shout about the atmosphere they created was excellent.  

Also good to see over 5,000 Dees turning up for an evening game when the team looked like it was going to be relegated.

Last time a team from Dundee played an evening game in this city when it looked like they were going to be relegated only 1,940 of their fans turned up.

22 minutes ago, K.T said:

Charlie’s last game at Dens? Some tears from him at full time 

Hopefully not, he's just proved how he can still influence a game tonight and more importantly, proved to himself he can still do it.

A summer spent getting back to full fitness, keeping focused and losing the bad habits will produce a Championship winning Dundee skipper.

Regardless which league however next season, hopefully Jack Ross would have the sense to utilise Charlie Adam skills on and off the park. 

Regards   

Also good to see over 5,000 Dees turning up for an evening game when the team looked like it was going to be relegated.
Last time a team from Dundee played an evening game in this city when it looked like they were going to be relegated only 1,940 of their fans turned up.

5e6ebd6b279e228937f92448a3c44f8a.jpg

2 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Hopefully not, he's just proved how he can still influence a game tonight and more importantly, proved to himself he can still do it.

A summer spent getting back to full fitness, keeping focused and losing the bad habits will produce a Championship winning Dundee skipper.

Regardless which league however next season, hopefully Jack Ross would have the sense to utilise Charlie Adam skills on and off the park. 

Regards   

Yeh, I’ve always thought Charlie would be  at his best when mostly used as a sub this season.  We know he’s not the fittest so bringing him on when opposition players are tiring would even that issue up a bit and allow his skills to dominate more.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

Yeh, I’ve always thought Charlie would be  at his best when mostly used as a sub this season.  We know he’s not the fittest so bringing him on when opposition players are tiring would even that issue up a bit and allow his skills to dominate more.

I'm in an agreement with this. He is usually a walking yellow card when he gets tired but I feel if you used him correctly and for certain games ud see what is in his locker. Nobody ever doubted his ability but his fitness hasn't helped in certain games in the season.

I'd give him a last season in championship and maybe even In to coaching if he is going down that avenue. 

10 minutes ago, K.T said:

Nelms will probably offer him the manager job.

McGhee was trying to squash Adam's chances of becoming manager like f**k on the radio. It was complete sense McGhee was speaking for the first time in his life but you could tell that it was in utter fear that Adam might get it ahead of him.

47 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

I'm in an agreement with this. He is usually a walking yellow card when he gets tired but I feel if you used him correctly and for certain games ud see what is in his locker. Nobody ever doubted his ability but his fitness hasn't helped in certain games in the season.

I'd give him a last season in championship and maybe even In to coaching if he is going down that avenue. 

The boy Mulligan looks no bad at right midfield aye 😂👍

What a strike from Charlie Adam tonight, not many in the league could produce a finish like that. Used correctly for me tonight coming on with 35-40 minutes left in the game and like others have said hopefully has another season in him. Mulligan was excellent tonight especially when he moved to right midfield. Shocking decision to rule his 1st goal offside and could have a big bearing on the season. 

What a difference with a team that can get about the park instead of the usual slow as f**k midfield. 

I'll hold my hands up to saying I've never got the hype with Mulligan. Heard Simon Ferry compare him to Gareth Bale and thought that was Ferry just talking shite as per usual. That's obviously still the case, but what a performance tonight. Boy became a man. Was absolutely everywhere. Winning challenges, skinning players, made a tactical foul when that big lump Rocky just ran deep into our half and scored his first goal for Dundee. On another day that was 3 with one wrong disallowed and another off the line.

Based on that one game, boy looks like he could go very far. What excited me even more was that Anderson and Mulligan complimented each other perfectly.

If Robertson turns into the player we all expected him to turn into during his breakthrough season, he'd be the ideal tidy defensive midfielder behind those two.

Finally, a wee bit of credit to McPake the youth coach rather than manager and the other youth coaches - they seem to have developed a very promising bunch with Sharp looking relatively competent (bit of a sloppy goal to concede tonight between him and McGhee) overall as well.

Guest Wieghortsnut
1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

Form is temporary, class is forever 

One hell of a way for Charlie to grab his 100th career senior goal, glad he got that after the dive and the 'assist' made it looked like he would go out with a whimper rather than that banger of a strike.

If he's going to stay his wage will have to decrease by quite a bit, and I doubt he'd accept that. If we could keep him to be an impact sub I'd be more than happy, but I don't see it happening.

Obviously Dingus and Charlie aren't getting on which is probably why Charlie said what he said here, but thankfully his comments after tonight's game have alleviated my worries that McGhee will somehow weasel his way into an extended stay at the club... somewhat.

image.png.7bebff44bcea1b910dbd2cecd1cc5e86.png

Edited by RossBFaeDundee