All things Dundee FC

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I am sceptical about the viability of the stadium, even though it is supposedly part of a larger development.  However I am also sceptical about the revenue stream that a new stadium would need to produce to help make the whole thing viable and the league that Dundee are playing in will certainly impact upon the revenue to the club and, hence, the contribution the club can make in rent or whatever.

They've made it very clear from the get go that the stadium is not exclusively for Dundee FC. 

All the training facilities are for public use (money), the stadium itself is for concerts and of course sporting events (money) and the other parts of the build were long term investments to cover operations and the project over time.

Houses for people that need somewhere to live (money) and a crematorium for people that no longer need houses (money).

Plus there was chat of the SRU investment (money) as there is nothing that substantial on the east coast of Scotland and improvements such as a purpose curling rink added to the Ice arena (money).

I wish people would stop replying to Danger. He's asked these questions in the past and they have been answered then too. He claims he doesn't understand the answers then comes around asking the same questions debating whether they have been asked before. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I wish people would stop replying to Danger. He's asked these questions in the past and they have been answered then too. He claims he doesn't understand the answers then comes around asking the same questions debating whether they have been asked before. 

I just assumed it was senility tbh.

13 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Charlie Adam in The Courier saying he wants to stay on with us next season and doesn't want to play for anyone else. Goes on to say that if a new manager or the board don't want him then he'll accept it and retire.

He's definitely worth another season. 

We just can't be building the whole team around him.

Charlie Adam of first half of this season, yes. Not now though, he'd really be just a 30 min sub appearance at best. Even with a decent pre season I just can't see it working and too big a risk to gamble on his wages v other option. We need to build for the future with someone of the quality to help get us up with 90 mins each game (and preferably without periods of injuries) and be around if we can get up. Just need to find the next Cammy Fraser, simples

10 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

A wee overnight trip planned to Dundee lads. Whats the best Indian restaurant in the town centre? Cheers

Just go to the buffet place down at the harbour next to the Apex Hotel. Brilliant food there! 

5 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

One positive from the mess, looks like we've got a very good young keeper.

Thank you.

Yeah was speaking to a mate about  the team the day. I reckon we should just go for it n give him the number 1 jersey n back him up. Legzdins isn't anything special n Lawlor is not the best so don't see why not go for it with Sharp.

Anderson I hope keeps on going.

Robertson needs game time. Out on loan for a full season and actually playing would do him good. 

Mulligan I've no clue.... got rave reviews at Peterhead n seen some glimpses of him. I've said before but I'd like to see him at right back.

Other youngsters I've nae idea on how there progressing. Have to ask other fans on opinions of the other players out on loan. Seen it before where players went out on loan and then released so see what happens wee these youngsters. 

Edited by Robin.Hood

24 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

A wee overnight trip planned to Dundee lads. Whats the best Indian restaurant in the town centre? Cheers

Balaka and Shaheen no longer options... probably the Shaftesbury Hotel is best.

In terms of the city centre, Jahangir is alright. Rishis is popular but just franchised shite IMO. Dil'Se is decent but always empty to the point it's a bit weird when I've been in.

Best bet is probably Koyla near the waterfront. Never been but heard good things.

ETA: Miss the Balaka. Experience and a half. Utter shitehole. Claim to fame on the door was that Lorraine Kelly liked the place and a picture of her from what has to be the mid90s. The servers just waddling about in jeans offering little more than a grunt when speaking to you and the auld guy bringing out the food with his thumb dipped in your curry as you bask in the decor from the 70s. If you can handle all that shiteness, the food was some of the best going. 

Edited by Ludo*1

On 08/05/2022 at 14:55, oaksoft said:

Oh yeah, having a shareholder deficit of £2.7 MILLION pounds and a Profit and Loss account sitting at negative £7.7 MILLION pounds and then facing relegation is completely fine. 🤣

Apparently the following direct quote from the last accounts is also perfectly normal. 🤣

"As the company does not have formal funding facilities in place to cover any financial deficits which might occur during the forecast period, the directors recognise that the company might again require to obtain further financial support from the company’s majority shareholder."

It's not even as though you've never seen your club in administration. Twice in recent years it's happened and the last time you were docked 25 points and you ended up a bawhair away from being in League 1. That appears to have been swiftly forgotten.

But none of this worries you at all because you made a tiny profit in that year due to some insurance payout thing so that fixes everything. 🤣

And now you fantasists are wittering on about sacking McGhee and will no doubt demand the extra funding to get promoted again immediately. With what? Whose money? It can't be the club's money. There isn't any.

Oh yeah, it's ME who is having the minter here. 🤣

Is there anyone so fucking blind as a football supporter?

The state of this absolute drivel 😂 

Owner puts in money 😮 

When does McGhee’s contract run out…

In terms of the city centre, Jahangir is alright. Rishis is popular but just franchised shite IMO. Dil'Se is decent but always empty to the point it's a bit weird when I've been in.
Best bet is probably Koyla near the waterfront. Never been but heard good things.
ETA: Miss the Balaka. Experience and a half. Utter shitehole. Claim to fame on the door was that Lorraine Kelly liked the place and a picture of her from what has to be the mid90s. The servers just waddling about in jeans offering little more than a grunt when speaking to you and the auld guy bringing out the food with his thumb dipped in your curry as you bask in the decor from the 70s. If you can handle all that shiteness, the food was some of the best going. 

Cheers mate, very helpful

Guest Wieghortsnut

Would it be funny or just really annoying if we somehow beat hibs tomorrow and Aberdeen beat st johnstone on Wednesday?

2 minutes ago, Wieghortsnut said:

Would it be funny or just really annoying if we somehow beat hibs tomorrow and Aberdeen beat st johnstone on Wednesday?

Then we beat Livi and St Johnstone lose juuust enough goals to Hibs to see us just barely squeak 11th.

And then we get battered by Arbroath.

1 hour ago, sidofthesouth said:

Rishi's is excellent, IME. Lovely wee part of the town too. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Lorraine Kelly Live - Bo Selecta on Make a GIF

When utd got relegated it was tears from the fans.

When hearts got relegated it was tears and tantrums.

When killie got relegated it was tears,tantrums and snoters.

When we get relegated it will be ahh well shit happens we deserved it no complaints.

You won't see any tears,tantrums or snoters from us.

Dundee till I die

Thank you.

17 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

When utd got relegated it was tears from the fans.

When hearts got relegated it was tears and tantrums.

When killie got relegated it was tears,tantrums and snoters.

When we get relegated it will be ahh well shit happens we deserved it no complaints.

You won't see any tears,tantrums or snoters from us.

Dundee till I die

Thank you.

896557C9-3888-4F6A-B6D8-E0CB479BB135.gif.6723d29a835d30d085da27dd015ca711.gif