All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This has been asked before but never answered.

Will the new stadium still get built if you are relegated?

Yes - if the stadium does get built.

Dundee Football Club's success or lack thereof  has nothing to do with the plans for the stadium.

And it's a question that's been asked many times and is public information through the use of Google.

Edited by Ludo*1

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yes - if the stadium does get built.

Dundee Football Club's success or lack thereof  has nothing to do with the plans for the stadium.

And it's a question that's been asked many times and is public information through the use of Google.

I like you Ludo but that’s a very bad non answer.  “Yes I will do X if I do X.  But if I don’t do X then I will not do it”.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I like you Ludo but that’s a very bad non answer.  “Yes I will do X if I do X.  But if I don’t do X then I will not do it”.

Ah, so you're at it.

Fair enough. Your pish is absolutely draining. Sorry I try to still take you at face value every now and then.

4 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

My geography isn’t great but I don’t think Dundee is that many hours away from Edinburgh where his last job was. I’m sure this wouldn’t be a factor in his decision at all.

We'll see....

He was 3 and a half hours on the road every day when he managed Hibs. He's not going to be driving from Northumberland to Dundee that's for sure. Would he move his family up to manage Dundee in the Championship? I just don't see it.

Hefty compensation from both Sunderland and Hibs (was under contract with the latter until 2024) so happy to wait until something he likes comes along. In the meantime, he'll keep up his media appearances and if he's linked with a job then no point in dismissing it: keeps his name in the papers. Unfortunately, this may lead to drawn out disappointment for Dundee fans.

If he does take a job this summer then it'll likely be in England.

2 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

We'll see....

He was 3 and a half hours on the road every day when he managed Hibs. He's not going to be driving from Northumberland to Dundee that's for sure. Would he move his family up to manage Dundee in the Championship? I just don't see it.

Hefty compensation from both Sunderland and Hibs (was under contract with the latter until 2024) so happy to wait until something he likes comes along. In the meantime, he'll keep up his media appearances and if he's linked with a job then no point in dismissing it: keeps his name in the papers. Unfortunately, this may lead to drawn out disappointment for Dundee fans.

Absolutely terrified at the thought of him coming here 😆

31 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

We'll see....

Oh aye, because managers don't travel.

You do realise McGhee still lives in Brighton aye?

7 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Heard on good authority that Jack Ross is very close to agreeing to manage you jute-botherers next season, irrespective of which division.

Don't know if this is a revelation or not but there you go.

If that happens, Dundee fans shouldn't get too excited. Jack Ross is a good manager, but he's a butterfly, never settling anywhere for long. He also has an ego, so if he does well (he probably will, I can see Dundee being favourites to win the league if they appoint him) they'll then be looking for a new manager in a year as he fecks off to some better gig. 

I can see Ross going for it, and he'd be a hell of an appointment for Dundee.

Obviously being back in the Championship wasn't part of Operation Become Scotland Manager, but he's going to have to rebuild his rep. His stock was never higher than when he won the title with us, so that will be appealing.

Plus, your squad is already riddled with ex-St Mirren players, so that'll save him a job.

24 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I can see Ross going for it, and he'd be a hell of an appointment for Dundee.

Obviously being back in the Championship wasn't part of Operation Become Scotland Manager, but he's going to have to rebuild his rep. His stock was never higher than when he won the title with us, so that will be appealing.

Plus, your squad is already riddled with ex-St Mirren players, so that'll save him a job.

Really believe the only reason he didn't take it sooner was because he didn't want a relegation on his CV.

Either way, he would be the first manager since Hartley that I'd have any sort of positive feeling about.

Think you're on to something about his stock with St Mirren. He was on the top of everyone's shopping list. If sorting us out is the stepping stone to greatness for him I'll take it.

Charlie Adam in The Courier saying he wants to stay on with us next season and doesn't want to play for anyone else. Goes on to say that if a new manager or the board don't want him then he'll accept it and retire.

He's definitely worth another season. 

We just can't be building the whole team around him.

We are utter shite and I was disappointed when St Johnstone managed to equalise on Saturday.

We need to go down and start the restructure from McPakes disastrous squad build.

We're still in the very beginning of the transition without mcpake and now is decisive. Get a new manager in, get rid of as many as possible and bring in players who can get us promoted at the first time of asking and able to make the step up straight away.

Over to the board.

Thank you.

16 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It's not difficult (for most of us anyway)to understand -

The stadium project is not dependant on what league Dundee are playing in.  Just as Ludo said.

5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

It's not difficult (for most of us anyway)to understand -

The stadium project is not dependant on what league Dundee are playing in.  Just as Ludo said.

I am sceptical about the viability of the stadium, even though it is supposedly part of a larger development.  However I am also sceptical about the revenue stream that a new stadium would need to produce to help make the whole thing viable and the league that Dundee are playing in will certainly impact upon the revenue to the club and, hence, the contribution the club can make in rent or whatever.

FWIW if Ogren said tomorrow he was building a new stadium for us I wouldn’t believe it until the thing was up and running.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

One positive from the mess, looks like we've got a very good young keeper.

Thank you.

Been really concerned by his kicking, but looked to have improved that quite a bit on Saturday.

Some save.

Not fully convinced he's better than Legzdins yet, but I'm comfortable with him scrapping for the jersey next season with him. Two good goalkeepers for Championship level and Sharp is getting invaluable top flight experience just now!

Just need to get Lawlor off the books and we can use his wage on a more pressing area!

With players like Sharp, Anderson, Robertson & Mulligan all being around the first team in recent seasons and the likes of Fisher, Luke Strachan, Jack Wilkie & Lyall Cameron getting good reviews from the youth it could be that the worst thing we've ever done was giving McPake the managerial job as it seems like he was cracking at the youth development side and that's all just from his first batch of youth! We really should have kept him in that role. Needless. If Strachan's ideas are half as successful, we'll be in a good place.