All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Enjoy your Friday night travels then. Not many Saturdays away when you’re the big team at the seaside. What a difference a year makes lads -👋

What happened last year like?

Dunfermline down is a boost to our league winning hopes next season. A full time team down and a hybrid team at worst, part time at best coming up.

Greenock Morton, Cove Rangers, Partick Thistle, Raith Rovers (who seem to be in massive disarray), Hamilton, Ayr United and 2 of St Johnstone, Arbroath, Inverness & Montrose, Airdrie or Queen's Park.

That's shaping up to be the weakest Championship in a long, long time. If we can't bounce straight back then we've got bigger problems than anyone can envision.

Sack McGhee tonight. Interim manager to the end of the season from within and give Jack Ross time to build his squad. Announce him and say he's not taking over until the summer.

As horrific as it feels right now, this could be turned into a positive.

The important thing is we start the planning now. Not letting McGhee spout nonsense that we can get two 4-0 wins in a row!

1 hour ago, Spikethedee said:

Could be a lovely championship for away days the way things are going just now; we could have Arbroath, Montrose and the fermers, as well as cove. Obviously Perth is a shithole, but nice and easy to visit…

I tried to convince myself of that this season. Was utterly dreadful and I hated it. Enjoy

17 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Enjoy your Friday night travels then. Not many Saturdays away when you’re the big team at the seaside. What a difference a year makes lads -👋

Still fucking rattled, oooft.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Dunfermline down is a boost to our league winning hopes next season. A full time team down and a hybrid team at worst, part time at best coming up.

Greenock Morton, Cove Rangers, Partick Thistle, Raith Rovers (who seem to be in massive disarray), Hamilton, Ayr United and 2 of St Johnstone, Arbroath, Inverness & Montrose, Airdrie or Queen's Park.

That's shaping up to be the weakest Championship in a long, long time. If we can't bounce straight back then we've got bigger problems than anyone can envision.

Sack McGhee tonight. Interim manager to the end of the season from within and give Jack Ross time to build his squad. Announce him and say he's not taking over until the summer.

The important thing is we start the planning now. Not letting McGhee spout nonsense that we can get two 4-0 wins in a row!

It's a very meh league.  Arbroath's achievement this year was enormous but I can't see them continuing that next season. They looked completely burned out after 60 minutes against Killi the other week. 

Every team has a core even crap ones but I really think our squad is as thin as f**k, from players that have been around too long to those brought in that just wont do a job.

It's not just the case of needing a squad to get back up but one that with a bit of tweaking can then compete in the Premier.

Jack Ross [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

TAXI FOR MCGHEE.

Thank you.

No great surprise, it is James McPake's team after all and if we're honest most of us predicted this unless a positive managerial change was made.

Icing on the cake was Gordon Strachans' very good long-time friend having been given 4 months worth of food and wine tokens in return for a results record worse than Jim McIntyre unless I'm mistaken. Quite the achievement, lol.

Announce Jack Ross, nowt less will suffice. In fairness Tim Keyes and John Nelms' without doubt deserve a competent manager just as much as we do!

Regards.

47 minutes ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

I know we are stuck with some players next year regardless but if allowed a complete clear out, who would you keep?

Sharp
Sweeney
McMullan
Anderson
Mulligan

think that's it...maybe McCowan, Byrne...hopeful for Rudden...Roberston?

Legzdin will do fine for championship. All players you have said I agree with

Robertson I've said already but he needs a loan spell at a team he will get a game every week. McGhee I think is also handy but not as a starting player or maybe use him in certain games.

But meh new season and excited to see who next manager will be.

2 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Icing on the cake was Gordon Strachans' very good long-time friend having been given 4 months worth of food and wine tokens in return for a results record worse than Jim McIntyre unless I'm mistaken. Quite the achievement, lol.

You'd assume so. As atrocious as McIntyre was for you lot at least he had a win % higher than 0.

Pretty much the only thing in McGhee's favour over McIntyre is that he hasn't had a transfer window to do even longer term damage by saddling you with shite like Craig Curran.

59 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Alternatively, I could quite conceivably see us finishing 4th behind Cove, Caley and St Johnstone/Arbroath.

Only a good managerial appointment will change my view, nothing atm suggests next season will be easier/more enjoyable.

2 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Alternatively, I could quite conceivably see us finishing 4th behind Cove, Caley and St Johnstone/Arbroath.

Only a good managerial appointment will change my view, nothing atm suggests next season will be easier/more enjoyable.

Absolutely this. We have the same shitebags signed up . Hopefully whatever players we bring in some how get this team doing way better. 

Start of season in August a fair few thought we would go straight back down....however the craziest part was sacking mcpake in February. Just insane timing and that was the minute we were down.

Be interesting next season for sure.

Would McPake have kept us up?  I very much doubt it.  His idea of a balanced squad was not my idea of one.  The simple fact is he left behind a squad that was laughable.  He didn’t improve on what, if we are being perfectly honest with ourselves, was an already poor Championship side.

Would the players have played any harder for McPake?  Possibly, possibly not.  Either way, it overlooks the fact that too many of the players are simply not good enough and we are seeing them as they are.  Like most players we have brought in under what is now several managers most of these players will drift off into further obscurity, with the odd exception of course.

Getting relegated by a good bunch of guys like Hibs on Tuesday night won’t be so bad.  In fact, the pleasure, the privilege  would be mine.

Win your next two games by scoring four goals more than the opposition and hope the Fermers lose their games by a similar margin.  That would give a win ratio of only 14% for McGhee.

Surely that’s not asking too much.