All things Dundee FC

Ha ha Get roon ye ya smelly wan tooth cants ! Remember last year, hope ye enjoyed yer wan season getting pumped in the big league, back tae the seaside league for you cants!!!!!
You should start charging rent, you dippit c**t [emoji23]

See Griffiths has been told he'll be released when his Falkirk contract expires in the summer. Not particularly relevant to Dundee, but I think it is pertinent considering it's not quite six months since there was a back and forward "sign him up/he's finished" debate over him in here.

If he's unwanted by a mid-table League One club, looks like those of us who said he'd be playing semi-pro football within a year might be correct. Harkins reunion at Forfar?

Still think if he gets the finger out and knuckles down he could easily be a top flight striker.

His lack of hunger or his lack of any future ambition at all for that was evident when he chose the guaranteed money at Falkirk rather than the potential of being our highest paid player at Dens if he achieved his targets.

Edited by Ludo*1

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Still think if he gets the finger out and knuckles down he could easily be a top flight striker.

His lack of hunger or his lack of any future ambition at all for that was evident when he chose the guaranteed money at Falkirk rather than the potential of being our highest paid player at Dens if he achieved his targets.

One thing he’s not lost is his hunger, genuinely looks in worse nick now than when he joined. 

2758D5E9-C71B-40E5-91AD-64DD21E6A793.png

@gav-ffc

That's exactly why I wanted no part of him at Dens. The 'if he gets his finger out' thing doesn't really wash with me. He went from getting no game time at all at Celtic park, to getting a loan at another Premiership club where, if he'd really wanted it, he could have been the first name on the team sheet every week. He had 4-5 months with us, and by the end of it he still looked like he was smuggling a pillow up the front of his jersey. 

Dundee was his chance to get his shit together, and he totally blew it.

See Griffiths has been told he'll be released when his Falkirk contract expires in the summer. Not particularly relevant to Dundee, but I think it is pertinent considering it's not quite six months since there was a back and forward "sign him up/he's finished" debate over him in here.
If he's unwanted by a mid-table League One club, looks like those of us who said he'd be playing semi-pro football within a year might be correct. Harkins reunion at Forfar?
I think a few of us said he'd be playing junior within two years tbh. Looks like it might actually be sooner than that. A complete and utter waster of a boy.

Probably got that much money at the moment he's not giving a monkeys, not going to last forever though, child maintenance payments must be horrific.
Thank you.
Nailed on cert that he'll gamble most of it away and be bankrupted before 2022 is out. Such a frustrating waste of ability.

Griffiths chucked it about 3 years ago, whether that's down to being a waster or mental health issues (or both) I don't know, but it's a bit ridiculous people still think he can turn it around now.

I think it is fair to say Griffiths was given every opportunity by Celtic and Dundee to get back to some sort of fitness and for whatever reason he was unable / unwilling to do so.  I can’t imagine there will be too many clubs looking to sign him unless he agrees to play for a fraction of what he is used to at a much lower level.

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:
2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:
Probably got that much money at the moment he's not giving a monkeys, not going to last forever though, child maintenance payments must be horrific.
Thank you.

Nailed on cert that he'll gamble most of it away and be bankrupted before 2022 is out. Such a frustrating waste of ability.

Probably, hopefully he can find someone that can help him.

the thing with griffiths it came out that he was available and wanting to sign for us and mcpake didnt fancy it he'd have got fucking dogs abuse for not signing him...i was delighted when he signed unfortunately he was about as much use as i'd have been and im 50 and 15st.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Griffiths chucked it about 3 years ago, whether that's down to being a waster or mental health issues (or both) I don't know, but it's a bit ridiculous people still think he can turn it around now.

Every Celtic manager he’s played under has criticised his fitness, including Lennon 

I get the impression he’s never really been interested in the professional part of being a professional footballer and now he’s in his 30’s it’s caught up with him hard 

1 hour ago, Meeniedee said:

the thing with griffiths it came out that he was available and wanting to sign for us and mcpake didnt fancy it he'd have got fucking dogs abuse for not signing him...i was delighted when he signed unfortunately he was about as much use as i'd have been and im 50 and 15st.

Yeah, it was a lose-lose position for McPake and one of the reason's he lost his job.