All things Dundee FC

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Mark McGhee is going on a diet and keeping his heating off because, erm, we have a game on Saturday.

This might be the worst thing I've ever read.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/3212075/dundee-mark-mcghee-bizarre-plan-heating-st-johnstone/

TBF, my source tells me fitness has improved 10 fold since his arrival.

Just now, johnnydun said:

TBF, my source tells me fitness has improved 10 fold since his arrival.

Don't tell your source this, but on the free to watch DeeTV Q&A with McGhee, McGhee's stated he's not done any fitness work as it's too late in the season to change anyone's fitness and has just focused on tactics and improving confidence.

But then, to be fair to him, he's just said he's switching his heating off because we have a game on Saturday. Maybe if James McPake switched his heating off more, we wouldn't be bottom of the league. The warm b*****d.

Yknow, I'm starting to enjoy that Nelms gave McGhee another shot in the Scottish game, if only because it's gave the fitba world some cracking banter in such short time.

If he is still in charge come next season, I will not be nearly as amused.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Don't tell your source this, but on the free to watch DeeTV Q&A with McGhee, McGhee's stated he's not done any fitness work as it's too late in the season to change anyone's fitness and has just focused on tactics and improving confidence.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Yknow, I'm starting to enjoy that Nelms gave McGhee another shot in the Scottish game, if only because it's gave the fitba world some cracking banter in such short time.

If he is still in charge come next season, I will not be nearly as amused.

I have heard that everyone in the club is behind McGhee 100%.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I have heard that everyone in the club is behind McGhee 100%.

Because they're fucking freezing, Johnny! They're hiding behind him just to get a heat!

That McGhee interview is unbelievable. I had to check a couple of times to make sure it wasn't a parody account. The man has lost the fucking plot.

This passage in the Duffy article was also amazing:

“He wanted a superstar player and eventually we did sign Fabrizio Ravanelli and Craig Burley.

“Sadly that took the club over the edge.

“I went to the accounts guy at the time and asked ‘can we afford these players?’

“He just went ‘no, we can’t’.

I'm starting to think that Mark McGhee is accidentally the funniest man to have ever lived.

He has absolutely zero filter and will say whatever's in his head, it's completely refreshing.

Give me him over mumbly Maloney any day.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Mark McGhee is going on a diet and keeping his heating off because, erm, we have a game on Saturday.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/3212075/dundee-mark-mcghee-bizarre-plan-heating-st-johnstone/

No wonder Charlie Adam is taking the piss! Or is McGhee? Either way, it's a cracker!

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I suppose if your dependent on your win bonus for food and electricity bills then something’s got to give…

21 hours ago, HibsFan said:

I'm starting to think that Mark McGhee is accidentally the funniest man to have ever lived.

He has absolutely zero filter and will say whatever's in his head, it's completely refreshing.

Give me him over mumbly Maloney any day.

And it's how he harnesses that.

Has any Dundee manager ever managed to so effortlessly establish themselves entirely rent free inside our rivals and the Saintees heads?

Dayglos got to think about something apart from the accounts I suppose.

Edit:, Lol at the bloke who red dotted this btw, rent free!

Edited by The Algebraist

What is the combined weight of McGhee and Adam. [Not a joke, I'm guessing 30st, 190kg for you younger folk]

McGhee + Adam = ?

I am not a fatist.

The point being:  they both need to stop eating for a while.

Edited by Lord Snooty