All things Dundee FC

We usually have had strong endings in the Yankee era

2013/14 - Strong end-of-season momentum to win the title.
2014/15 - We didn't that season, but we had good momentum to squeak the top 6 and... face the consequences of that fact.
2015/16 - Maybe a stretch, but we ensured comfortable safety and a certain derby game late on.
2016/17 - 7-game losing streak going into the split, but Neil McCann's bounce gave us the points we needed to barely finish 10th.
2017/18 - Winless in 6 going into the split, but gained 3 wins in the last 5 to finish 9th.
2018/19 - The less said, the better.
2019/20 - Of course the end of the season was very impromptu, but went 6 games unbeaten and finally looked to be getting some momentum going.
2020/21 - Just like 2019/20 (I reckon we'd have got promoted then too), finally found form late on and went 11 of 12 unbeaten to get promoted.

This'll be the biggest task yet, but it's still possible.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

If he's fit, which I suspect he will be, get the cheque book out John Nelms' and sign Greg Stewart till the seasons' end.

See if he's worth a contract offer for next season, regardless which league we're in tbh. Alternatively it would also allow him to advertise himself at a decent level prior to next season.

Anyway, merely a thought that could make a difference, even at this late stage.

Thank you.

Part of me thinks that if we signed Greg Stewart, we'd still have to put up with seeing Paul McGowan start matches playing as a left-winger/forward. It's happened under two managers now, and we signed an actual left-winger in January and he's busy getting splinters in his arse.

Has to.

I'm a Gowser fan and have defended him on here time after time, but he really is just a body and a makeweight playing out there. He has no goal threat, doesn't create for the central player, is no threat to go past anyone and whip in a cross, or skin them on the counter. It's the epitome of the gaffer playing a player out of position then justifying it by going on about how he's one of those guys who is 'all about the team' and does whatever is asked of him. It would almost be forgivable if there was no actual LW in the squad, but hell, even McMullan is perfectly capable of swapping sides and actually looking like he belongs out there.

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

First game, stick the Perth fuds in the main stand, reduce the price, try and get as many in as pos, occupy behind both goals and the Derry. Every advantage needs to be used.

Thank you.

Come off it, you’d barely get over 5000 without the 2000 or so Saints fans who will attend this.

You got about 400 home fans for a Scottish Cup tie against a Premiership team 2 years ago.
It’s not the 1960’s anymore! 

32 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Come off it, you’d barely get over 5000 without the 2000 or so Saints fans who will attend this.

You got about 400 home fans for a Scottish Cup tie against a Premiership team 2 years ago.
It’s not the 1960’s anymore! 

The Dees will turn out when it is needed, unlike the DAB's, so don't you go worrying about it.

Thank you.

28 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

I'm expecting ESPN to announce that game will be shown over here.

Have they been showing Saturday fixtures in the US? I remember years ago they used to show English 3pm Saturday fixtures overseas.

Just now, johnnydun said:

Have they been showing Saturday fixtures in the US? I remember years ago they used to show English 3pm Saturday fixtures overseas.

I actually don't know as I haven't been keeping up lately thanks to vipbox and hesgoal, but I would probably doubt it.

EPL games are still shown on various NBC channels over here.