All things Dundee FC

16 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ricki-lamie-admits-motherwell-dundee-26681132.amp

It is the Record, so please forgive me.

Ricki Lamie having second thoughts? Don't blame him if he is.

Without reading the article I'd assume the guy probably having second thoughts soon after James McPake left.

All the more budget for Sir Jack of Ross, lol.  😉 🙏

14 minutes ago, locheedee said:

That'll include the £500k government grant though won't it?

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That'll include the £500k government grant though won't it?

No idea, I'm just going by what the article says, I don't claim to have as much of an in depth knowledge of our finances as you or our dayglo neighbours

Just now, locheedee said:

No idea, I'm just going by what the article says, I don't claim to have as much of an in depth knowledge of our finances as you or our dayglo neighbours

I have no idea, which is why I asked a Dundee fan.

Just feels like your typical Nelms PR to claim some great victory of profit only to discover it would've been a 6 figure loss without Covid. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I have no idea, which is why I asked a Dundee fan.

Just feels like your typical Nelms PR to claim some great victory of profit only to discover it would've been a 6 figure loss without Covid. 

I don't doubt that might be the case. The exact numbers will be in the books to  see though for anyone boring enough to look

9 minutes ago, K.T said:

Dundee FC - the new poster boys of positive financial management in football.

None of this spending 150% of income on players wages like the dayglos.

thank you.

Can't wait until the new financial rules on wages/turnover come in to play.

43 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Could be wrong but not sure if they go on a profit/loss statement they aren’t classified as turnover. Not quite sure on that though.

From reading the accounts I think it’s classed as Other operating income and the insurance payout is under turnover (based on the “Revenue Recognition” note). 

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ricki-lamie-admits-motherwell-dundee-26681132.amp

It is the Record, so please forgive me.

Ricki Lamie having second thoughts? Don't blame him if he is.

Dundee and fucking dodgy contract clauses. :lol:

First PCA in Scottish football to be cancelled and we don't get a penny out of it would be typical Dundee tbh. There's your answer bud. @Robin.Hood

4 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:

I’d imagine we’ve (understandably) put in a relegation clause in the PCA. Would be daft of Lamie to sign something like that without one given our position IMO. 

Even more so given that at our AGM, it was said that Dundee "blew us out the water" in terms of wages - so it might be a PCA cancellation that would suit both sides in the event that Dundee go down.

6 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:

I’d imagine we’ve (understandably) put in a relegation clause in the PCA. Would be daft of Lamie to sign something like that without one given our position IMO. 

He was happy to sign and come in, in January and take that risk tbf.

And Rudden has taken that risk.

In all honesty, I'd not be too fussed if we didn't get Lamie. Said it at the time, I think he's quite meh and we certainly need better than him to be our star man at the back so it could be a positive overall!

Accounts show that we are paying £84,500 this year alone in rent for Dens.

Over the course and period of 5 year that totals to £425,500 which means rent goes up every single year we're here by about £6-7k. No wonder Nelms is making ridiculous promises that we will be out of Dens ASAP.