All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Why? He is our top goal scorer, performing better than some of the more 'lauded' strikers in the Premiership.

I genuinely think he’s dreadful. That worst sitter of this and any other season yesterday is just typical. His 1st touch is awful with his 2nd usually a tackle, the continual offside when he’s trying to be cute and stand offside expecting the defence to push back and it doesn’t happen, not being an outlet and being able to hold the ball up and bring others into play, not getting across the defenders in the box. I could go on!

Marshall would be 1st out my team of the regulars although he done well yesterday. Looks like he’s been coached a bit on how to defend. 

How can that heap of sh!te across the road be 4th 😂😂

21 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

How can that heap of sh!te across the road be 4th 😂😂

The rambling gibberish from the manager makes it all the more remarkable, not sustainable though, the money they're throwing at it.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Why? He is our top goal scorer, performing better than some of the more 'lauded' strikers in the Premiership.

Being our top goal scorer isn't hard though. Our striker situation is shite. Stat man that's me however he isnt our answer in the championship. He wasn't our answer the last time apart from the play offs.

Actually I could be talking nonsense n my signal is brutal the now, many goals did he score in championship? Many has he scored this season? 

Edited by Robin.Hood

Mullen has obvious flaws, but I don't see the sense in running our most effective striker out of the club until there's somebody in the team who takes that spot from him. That might turn out to be Rudden, but right now Rudden still has a lot to prove at Premiership level. I have a horrible feeling that we'll get relegated, Rudden will score 20 next season, then if we are promoted back we'll still be in the position of having to go out and try and find a guy who can score regularly in the top league.

Cammy Kerr was outstanding yesterday. If he could produce that sort of performance on anything like a regular basis then I'd have no problem with him staying at the club for as long as required.

The arab seethe in the match thread is palpable, and I'm reminded why I've never set foot in their thread once since I joined P&B. Some utter roasters in that support.

4 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Being our top goal scorer isn't hard though. Our striker situation is shite. Stat man that's me however he isnt out answer in the championship. He wasn't our answer the last time apart from the play offs.

Actually I could be talking nonsense n my signal is brutal the now, many goals did he score in championship? Many has he scored this season? 

Last season it was 5 goals in 25 appearances, this season it's 7 in 22.

It's pretty average for a Premiership striker, if we had another striker alongside him getting these numbers we would probably be alright. Jason Cummings had 6 this season in 18 games, but we all know getting rid of him was criminal.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Good fight back yesterday, point gained or 2 dropped?

Still hope for you lads, especially if you play us in the first post-split match and get the win..

Should be thrilled with coming back from 2 down, but in all honesty it feels like 2 points dropped considering the league situation. I think Lawlor only had one genuine save to make the entire match, and yes Utd missed a couple of sitters, but it's frustrating when the team is desperate for a win to watch them fail to do so because of self-inflicted mistakes.

I still think we're far more organised and structured under McGhee than we were under McPake, and had this been across an entire season I think we'd be off the bottom of the table and fighting with dross like Aberdeen to avoid the playoff place. We're not pulling up trees, but the fact we now have a clear shape and a sense of the players being aware of what they are supposed to be doing, and that's an improvement, tells you all you need to know about how hopeless we were under McPake.

Even if we do beat your lot I can't see us picking up 3 more points than you over the remaining 4 games. Only way I see that as a possibility is if Adam stays fit, can play in every match, and he goes on an inspired tear and literally hauls the team to 11th on his own back. He did it at the tail-end of last season, but it's a lot to ask.

30 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Last season it was 5 goals in 25 appearances, this season it's 7 in 22.

It's pretty average for a Premiership striker, if we had another striker alongside him getting these numbers we would probably be alright. Jason Cummings had 6 this season in 18 games, but we all know getting rid of him was criminal.

I presume that's just league?

For championship was that including the play off games ?

His record is poor.

I remember saying at start of season we wouldn't get a striker to score over 10 goals ( I can be wrong and he will do this ) but even then its been poor in a whole. I do not trust or think he is a good striker. I dont believe he is a striker. His career as a striker is pretty shite. However if he is refusing to sign a contract then I'd like to think we can do better. 

Scouting however seems to be non existent so just see what happens.

Many goals did Ashcroft get last season ? 

3 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

I presume that's just league?

For championship was that including the play off games ?

His record is poor.

I remember saying at start of season we wouldn't get a striker to score over 10 goals ( I can be wrong and he will do this ) but even then its been poor in a whole. I do not trust or think he is a good striker. I dont believe he is a striker. His career as a striker is pretty shite. However if he is refusing to sign a contract then I'd like to think we can do better. 

Scouting however seems to be non existent so just see what happens.

Many goals did Ashcroft get last season ? 

If you include the play offs, it's 6 in 29 from last season. Ashcroft had the same.

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Good fight back yesterday, point gained or 2 dropped?

Still hope for you lads, especially if you play us in the first post-split match and get the win..

I’d say 2 points dropped. Yenited missed 2 sitters against the run of play on the breakaway but our keeper’s flogged 2, we’ve missed an open goal from a yard out and hit the bar. 

I genuinely think he’s dreadful. That worst sitter of this and any other season yesterday is just typical. His 1st touch is awful with his 2nd usually a tackle, the continual offside when he’s trying to be cute and stand offside expecting the defence to push back and it doesn’t happen, not being an outlet and being able to hold the ball up and bring others into play, not getting across the defenders in the box. I could go on!
Marshall would be 1st out my team of the regulars although he done well yesterday. Looks like he’s been coached a bit on how to defend. 

How can that heap of sh!te across the road be 4th [emoji23][emoji23]
Mulgrew is probably the biggest reason.

42 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I’d say 2 points dropped. Yenited missed 2 sitters against the run of play on the breakaway but our keeper’s flogged 2, we’ve missed an open goal from a yard out and hit the bar. 

Yes I think it’s been a bit of a let off for us after as bad a performance and result as was possible at Celtic.  Dundee and st Mirren/ Aberdeen wins would have been major blows to morale and confidence on the back of our own drubbing.

Dundee are still fighting and creating chances, which is a bit of a worry for us.

I’d quite enjoy you lot and us winning the first post-split match, with st Mirren and Aberdeen losing, just to pile a bit of pressure on them both.

1 hour ago, Girth said:

When these post split fixtures announced then chaps?

This week but no exact time has been given. Pretty incompetent from the SPFL IMO. How long does it take a computer to work through the permutations after it's been decided?

We'll have 2 home games and 3 away, and the only team we're due a home game against in the bottom 6 is St Johnstone. I have a feeling they'll make Livingston our other home game, leaving Aberdeen, Hibs and St Mirren as the away games.

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

We'll have 2 home games and 3 away, and the only team we're due a home game against in the bottom 6 is St Johnstone. I have a feeling they'll make Livingston our other home game, leaving Aberdeen, Hibs and St Mirren as the away games.

I'd be happy with that tbf. We've not gained points in many away games this season but have taken points from Aberdeen away and of course, beat St Mirren away this season. 4 of our 10 away points.

St Johnstone at home is crucial to our hopes so good that that's definite.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd be happy with that tbf. We've not gained points in many away games this season but have taken points from Aberdeen away and of course, beat St Mirren away this season. 4 of our 10 away points.

St Johnstone at home is crucial to our hopes so good that that's definite.

We got beat 2-1 from Aberdeen away? No?

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

We got beat 2-1 from Aberdeen away? No?

So we did! My memory has been chronic in regards to individual games this season. Made a similar mistake earlier in the thread thinking we'd drawn against Rangers. FS! Turning into Danger.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So we did! My memory has been chronic in regards to individual games this season. Made a similar mistake earlier in the thread thinking we'd drawn against Rangers. FS! Turning into Danger.

As long as your still able to answer posts in a relevant way and not just spout out whatever nonsense comes into your head I think you’re pretty safe.  No need to worry.