All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

On a more positive note, kinda, he said he believes this squad would be able to get out of the Championship and that he's had assurances  by John Nelms that he'll be in place next season but knows this could change very quickly should we not start getting results this season. Also seemed to repeatedly talk about a lack of physicality in the team and that we could be fitter and his aim signing wise, would be to get more physicality into the team. 

Suppose we'll see in the actual interview when it's released rather than just typing a WhatsApp message but some decent stuff in there in amongst the usual McGhee'isms.

Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

New signing incoming...

Partick Thistle FC on Twitter: "Conor Sammon received his FREE pizza from  @PizzaExpress after full time on Saturday. Thistle season ticket holders  can enjoy 25% off their meal when they produce their

16 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

He's right about the lack of physicality though. We perpetually look smaller, weaker, and slower than our opponents every time we set foot on the pitch.

That's nothing new I suppose. It's been like that for years 

Anyone else think we've also been unfit for years aswell? Seemed to change for the better once Hartley was appointed but after three years we were still doing the same set piece routines and not changing things up. 

1 hour ago, LM_0803 said:

Anyone else think we've also been unfit for years aswell? Seemed to change for the better once Hartley was appointed but after three years we were still doing the same set piece routines and not changing things up. 

I've long suspected that fitness is yet another aspect of our club that is half-arsed, not really because of evidence on the pitch, but more because of things you hear on the grapevine. I'm talking about things like Kev McDonald seemingly being uninterested in signing a short-term deal after witnessing our 'amateurish' approach.

I do think there's an element of lackadaisical thinking around the entire place, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if that leads to a training and fitness approach that isn't really where it should be. I'm thinking about things like Cammy Kerr having stuck around for so long despite clearly not being the standard of player who is going to play a part in getting the club to where the Yanks have stated they want to be. I mean, if you really do see yourself as a club that should be aiming for top 6 every year, why the hell continually renew the contract of a player who is Championship material at best? I'm not just trying to single out Kerr for criticism, it's just an example of the sort of behaviours at the club that contradict what they claim publicly. Surely if they were serious, someone, somewhere down the line would have said 'sorry, this lad isn't good enough' and moved him on, yet he's still bloody here despite stinking the place out for years and having never actually cemented himself as a fixture in the team anyway.

It all just screams half-arsedness, and nobody having actually sat down and thought about the practicalities of what has to be done to achieve the Yanks stated aims. It doesn't look like joined-up thinking, and I can't help but feel that must extend to all areas of the club 'behind the scenes'.

And yes, Hartley made a lot of noise about the piss-poor approach and abysmal facilities with regards to fitness and appeared to put a lot of effort into changing that. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it went straight back to square one the moment he was out the door, and has never moved on since.

Edited by Boo Khaki

3 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I'm not just trying to single out Kerr for criticism

But you are! You start by talking about fitness then go on about a player who is probably the fittest we have - name anyone you think might be fitter. I agree that fitness levels at Dundee are shocking and we can all see how we struggle in final 20 mins but Kerr, really?

Just trying to be positive about something regarding the club for a change, I welcome the attempt to liven things up and bring more personality and colour to matchdays, it's been something I think has been lacking as of late.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Just trying to be positive about something regarding the club for a change, I welcome the attempt to liven things up and bring more personality and colour to matchdays, it's been something I think has been lacking as of late.

I think that's fair enough. I'm being negative for the same reason 

5 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Again, like the badge. The rest is shite. 

By the same guy that did a Jim Mclean portrait among others not so long ago. Not even a football fan. He's a culture vulture. Devastated we've been swindled by him and put money in his pocket.

2 hours ago, DieDee said:

But you are! You start by talking about fitness then go on about a player who is probably the fittest we have - name anyone you think might be fitter. I agree that fitness levels at Dundee are shocking and we can all see how we struggle in final 20 mins but Kerr, really?

Cammy Kerr runs like he's wearing concrete wellies. The fact he looks like he's going like the clappers is totally deceptive. He has to put that much effort in just to get to a crawl. He's as slow as a wet weekend in Arbroath and always has been. 

No way should anyone be holding up Cammy Kerr as a positive example of fitness. He's made the most of what he's got, but he's horribly limited athletically. He jumps like he's carrying a piano, and he's laughably easy to bully in the air.

6 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I've long suspected that fitness is yet another aspect of our club that is half-arsed, not really because of evidence on the pitch, but more because of things you hear on the grapevine. I'm talking about things like Kev McDonald seemingly being uninterested in signing a short-term deal after witnessing our 'amateurish' approach.

I do think there's an element of lackadaisical thinking around the entire place, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if that leads to a training and fitness approach that isn't really where it should be. I'm thinking about things like Cammy Kerr having stuck around for so long despite clearly not being the standard of player who is going to play a part in getting the club to where the Yanks have stated they want to be. I mean, if you really do see yourself as a club that should be aiming for top 6 every year, why the hell continually renew the contract of a player who is Championship material at best? I'm not just trying to single out Kerr for criticism, it's just an example of the sort of behaviours at the club that contradict what they claim publicly. Surely if they were serious, someone, somewhere down the line would have said 'sorry, this lad isn't good enough' and moved him on, yet he's still bloody here despite stinking the place out for years and having never actually cemented himself as a fixture in the team anyway.

It all just screams half-arsedness, and nobody having actually sat down and thought about the practicalities of what has to be done to achieve the Yanks stated aims. It doesn't look like joined-up thinking, and I can't help but feel that must extend to all areas of the club 'behind the scenes'.

And yes, Hartley made a lot of noise about the piss-poor approach and abysmal facilities with regards to fitness and appeared to put a lot of effort into changing that. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it went straight back to square one the moment he was out the door, and has never moved on since.

Absolute pish.

31 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Cammy Kerr runs like he's wearing concrete wellies. The fact he looks like he's going like the clappers is totally deceptive. He has to put that much effort in just to get to a crawl. He's as slow as a wet weekend in Arbroath and always has been. 

No way should anyone be holding up Cammy Kerr as a positive example of fitness. He's made the most of what he's got, but he's horribly limited athletically. He jumps like he's carrying a piano, and he's laughably easy to bully in the air.

And again, absolute pish. 

3 hours ago, RawB93 said:

By the same guy that did a Jim Mclean portrait among others not so long ago. Not even a football fan. He's a culture vulture. Devastated we've been swindled by him and put money in his pocket.

The youngsters contacted him off their own back due to the quality of some of his previous work. Don't think when looking at the quality of his work they were wondering whether he was a football man or not.

If you're including yourself in the group then maybe you feel part of the amount of funds raised used for this is 'swindled' but I think you must be on your own as they've posted multiple times their thanks to the artist.

At least the youngsters who are trying their best to improve things aren't devastated, that's the main thing. Hopefully they keep it up and we can win a derby for them tomorrow - most probably haven't seen a win at the dump in their puff.

Thank you.