All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Anybody know if these 3 games had programmes?

21 Oct 1953     Dundee v South Africa

28 Sep 1960     Dundee v Canada

29 Oct 1979     Dundee v New Zealand

Sandy Davie ex Dundee United and played in Dundee pre-season trial was the NZ goalkeeper and made captain for the game. There’s a copy of the programme held by the National Library of New Zealand https://natlib.govt.nz/records/23008097?search[place_authority_id]=-321877&search[path]=items

241. Friendly   
Oct 29, Dundee, Dens Park 
Dundee FC            8-1  New Zealand 
 (Shirra 2, Sinclair 2, Pirie 2, Murphy, McLaren - Sumner) 
Dundee FC (Scotland): 
   n/a 
New Zealand: 
   Alex Davie [c], Tony Sibley, Sam Malcolmson, Robert Almond, Adrian Elrick 
   (John McDermid), Brian Turner, Steve Sumner, Duncan Cole, Clive Campbell, 
   Keith Nelson, Johan Verweij (Chris Turner). 
   Coach: John Adshead.   
Referee: 
   R B Valentine (Scotland). 

9 hours ago, The Algebraist said:

Sign this boy up for the first rocket.

He is a fucking rocket. 

9 hours ago, Crawford said:

Dindy was by far and away THE biggest twat I've come across on here by quite some distance.

I particularly liked his character turn when they were relegated and he started sooking our sweaty balloon knots. He has come into some bravado the past three weeks since overtaking Arbroath in the Championship, though. 

Another rocket. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

As i am father to a son with SPD, autism and learning difficulties don't fucking post anything like that again you p***k 

Ok this is a total hands up moment from me. Unreserved apologies to everyone and especially your good self.

No excuses and no explanations, totally and utterly unacceptable from me.

I’ll crawl back under my stone.

21 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Ok this is a total hands up moment from me. Unreserved apologies to everyone and especially your good self.

No excuses and no explanations, totally and utterly unacceptable from me.

I’ll crawl back under my stone.

See you soon for your derby prediction 👍

Edited by Big Shedboy

48 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Been trying for 45 minutes to get tickets for Saturday online and the website just isn’t having it at all. Keeps saying there is information missing, anyone else had similar problems? 

I used to using auto fill. It would add a space after the information and then shit it.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/3152948/dundee-decision-sack-james-mcpake-made-before-hearts-victory-john-nelms/

Asked about the timing of the decision, Nelms said: “Normally, if we were going to make a change we’d wait for an international break, make a change and give the new manager time with the squad.

“We don’t look at anything in a very short, narrow timeframe.

We beat a team that was ninth in League One and we beat Hearts but the decision had already been made prior to that.

“It was unbelievably difficult to make the change. James is like a son to us, we invested in him and we didn’t go through our usual change protocols.

We went through the window to give him the best opportunity to succeed but it just didn’t change and it wasn’t in the ascendancy.

“So we made the difficult decision.”

So... the Hearts win was on the 9th of February, but they'd decided to sack him before that, but had decided to give McPake the January window to try and fix things, but they only decided after the January window to sack him, instead of sacking him before the window (plausible if you believe their "we don't do short-termism" line, which I don't), and so immediately after giving McPake the whole window - in which anyone could tell that we should've already made a managerial change - they decided they needed rid, and no results after that point for the next week would sway them.

Infuriating. Nelms wouldn't know a thing about football if you punted a ball straight into his pus.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

So... the Hearts win was on the 9th of February, but they'd decided to sack him before that, but had decided to give McPake the January window to try and fix things, but they only decided after the January window to sack him, instead of sacking him before the window (plausible if you believe their "we don't do short-termism" line, which I don't), and so immediately after giving McPake the whole window - in which anyone could tell that we should've already made a managerial change - they decided they needed rid, and no results after that point for the next week would sway them.

Infuriating. Nelms wouldn't know a thing about football if you punted a ball straight into his pus.

Agreed. This is pretty horrific management.

Nelms response to the “were you surprised by fans reaction” seems to completely miss the point. He seems to think folk are annoyed because they either wanted McPake to stay or aren’t happy the new manager was their favoured candidate. Completely missing the fact folk were (are) raging because it’s an appointment of an absolute clown figure. 

14 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

Agreed. This is pretty horrific management.

I have to believe he's lying about the decision to fire McPake happening before the Hearts game (and that the real reason is that because Strachan got in his ear despite the win) to try and sound better. The alternative makes him look even worse, because it's outright ridiculous.

Never isn't boring around here.

We are the worst team in the league and will most likely be getting beat on Saturday. I've really got no issues with it; all the damage has been done.  If we show  the same commitment as we did against Rangers and manage not to be absolutely fucked by the 50th minute as professional footballers then we might stand a chance (Fitness is another issue with our squads for donkeys years by the way).

Roll on the summer where we really can make big steps into taking the club forward on and off the pitch. We need it, pronto. 

This season's done for me. You don't get thumped at home from the likes of Livi and County through the tenure of a season and mumble about going down. Catasrophic decisions at board level and woeful management from McPake has us exactly where we deserve to be. 

No point in getting angry the next two weeks when we fail to win either of the games against Aberdeen or Utd as we're simply not upto scratch. I'll still be attending both and will be singing my heart out at the dump because i'm in it for the long term. For this season take our medicine and accept a years failure doesn't need to mean failure for the next decade. 

Nelms and the board - look for the right man to come in the summer right now. That's whether we managed to stay up or not. Begin to clear the deck and bring in players who can be with us for years to come. This summer is massive for the outlook of the club , the next month really immaterial in the grand scheme of things to me. McPake is gone and we needed that to improve the club. That improvement couldn't be seen over 3/4 months whether we had McGhee or Guardiola. 

Thank you 

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

This season's done for me. You don't get thumped at home from the likes of Livi and County through the tenure of a season and mumble about going down. Catasrophic decisions at board level and woeful management from McPake has us exactly where we deserve to be.

Getting zero points against County has truly been the killer.

8 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Getting zero points against County has truly been the killer.

Yeah, we would have been talking about the possibility of top 6. But it's not just those results, it's the results against Livingston and not having enough to turn draws into wins. Just been a really poor season from us.