All things Dundee FC

24 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Why don't you think it will happen? 

More or less everyone knows my stance on this. But I want to know why you don't think this stadium will ever appear.

Firstly they dont own the land and secondly they dont have the money for it. Its been known on the street that theyve been all over with the begging bowl including asking us if we want to be involved in a groundshare. Those two reasons alone are why i dont believe it will happen

5 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Firstly they dont own the land and secondly they dont have the money for it. Its been known on the street that theyve been all over with the begging bowl including asking us if we want to be involved in a groundshare. Those two reasons alone are why i dont believe it will happen

So they don't have the money for it? Skint Americans begging fellow Americans is what you are hearing? 

Admin 3 soon as if we are going down surely financially we will be fucked ? I don't know what the word on the street is.

Cheers for the response.

25 minutes ago, Ray Patterson said:

Redeveloping Dens and building a 3k seater stand on the "Derry" side (with the Derry end of it being safe standing) - would surely be far more prudent move than whatever the nightmare fuel this is supposed to be.

Think that's what every Dundee supporter would like to see.

58 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Who owns the land?

1 hour ago, Gibby82 said:

Nelms taking credit for the RPC and showing designs for training pitches on land he doesn’t own. Some boy.

This. Proper Walter Mitty shit.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but weren’t Dundee initially going to contribute for their own training facilities by the RPC but then pulled out? Therefore they’ve as much connection to it as United, in that both clubs pay to use it occasionally.

The second wild boast was about St John’s performance school... which is run by the SFA and has players attached to multiple different clubs.

Maybe Nou Campy will get built one day but it all looks pie in the sky to me. 

8 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

This. Proper Walter Mitty shit.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but weren’t Dundee initially going to contribute for their own training facilities by the RPC but then pulled out? Therefore they’ve as much connection to it as United, in that both clubs pay to use it occasionally.

The second wild boast was about St John’s performance school... which is run by the SFA and has players attached to multiple different clubs.

Maybe Nou Campy will get built one day but it all looks pie in the sky to me. 

The real story in all this is when you pay us for the ground share.

That response to the open letter is some proper gaslighting tbh.

"Remember what it used to be like before we came along"

There's an implication that fans are only complaining because results have been poor and to me, as an outsider, the stuff they seem to want a pat on the back for are the sort of things that fans of other clubs of a similar size to Dundee would be expecting as a bare minimum from their owners.

I mean, they've sorted out training facilities for the first team and they get on with other clubs and the league's governing body? Well done...

Edited by capt_oats

33 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Who owns the land?

The wasteland beside the Ice arena belongs to DBPH (Dark Blue Property Holdings).

The current stone path and field next to camperdown park, where the training pitches are to be sited, were gifted to the people of Dundee but then yoinked by the council many many years ago.

The council will probably have full control of the extra facilities but the yanks would be paying for it.

Edited by Crawford

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

That response to the open letter is some proper gaslighting tbh.

"Remember what it used to be like before we came along"

There's an implication that fans are only complaining because results have been poor and to me, as an outsider, the stuff they seem to want a pat on the back for is the sort of things that fans of other clubs of a similar size to Dundee would be expecting as a bare minimum from their owners.

I mean, they've sorted out training facilities for the first team and they get on with other clubs and the league's governing body? Well done...

I didn't much care for it. It even reads the same as the pish nelms said in the video. I think it might even be part of his draft script for the video.

It will be wild territory for them. Usually the person with the biggest wallet has the loudest voice and can't be criticised. 

Along come 1000 angry Dee's and 300+ Lyle Lanleys telling them their twats.

59 minutes ago, Ray Patterson said:

Redeveloping Dens and building a 3k seater stand on the "Derry" side (with the Derry end of it being safe standing) - would surely be far more prudent move than whatever the nightmare fuel this is supposed to be.

33 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Think that's what every Dundee supporter would like to see.

Spot on Biggie my man, that and simply a competitive team on the park to start with would suffice.

Whilst I truly admire and thank Tim Keyes' for his considerable financial backing of our club, the fruits of his finances will always remain hamstrung due to the continued poor standard of boardroom management decision making.

Any number of knee jerk tacky videos and/or presentations do not deflect from that I'm afraid.

Destiny is all, however it's still better than being an IQ83 hi-viz sad act DAB.

Regards as always. 

tumblr_4a57a46d69c3b677a0d47d19acde0868_447308cc_500.gif.b9d38edcbd3496b4da37d9b6479e088f.gif    

The most pressing question Dundee fans should be asking them is how long does Dens have left.

They've clearly let it fall into disrepair and I'd be amazed if the Derry wasn't close to failing health and safety guidelines now.

You simply cannot find yourself in a situation where Dens us unusable and the new stadium isn't already being built.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The most pressing question Dundee fans should be asking them is how long does Dens have left.

They've clearly let it fall into disrepair and I'd be amazed if the Derry wasn't close to failing health and safety guidelines now.

You simply cannot find yourself in a situation where Dens us unusable and the new stadium isn't already being built.

The Derry has survived the onslaught of storms Mother Nature has tossed our way nae bather. Same can’t be said for Tannadice. 

1 minute ago, K.T said:

The Derry has survived the onslaught of storms Mother Nature has tossed our way nae bather.

The deadliest thing on the planet is some 3ft tall power hungry w****r with a clipboard.

Very interesting.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Could you imagine if a stand at McDiarmid was shut down?  Where would all the effected St Johnstone fans go?  Worse than that, the Old Firm would just have to make do with two stands each time they visit.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

Worse than that, the Old Firm would just have to make do with two stands each time they visit.

Dundee give Old Firm fans more tickets at Dens than we do at McDiarmid, m8.