All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We drew that game didn't we? Memory is frazzled. Sheridan was injured by then I'm sure.

Nah we lost 0-1, Cummings' missed penalty cost us a point, Aribo scored the winner. Also, Sheridan was still fit and got injured a month later away to St Mirren.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

29 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Nah we lost 0-1, Cummings' missed penalty cost us a point, Aribo scored the winner. Also, Sheridan was still fit and got injured a month later away to St Mirren.

Fs! 

In other news, I hear our SLO has resigned over the fan banner/section 18 thing as people were targeting his family with abuse.

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Fs! 

In other news, I hear our SLO has resigned over the fan banner/section 18 thing as people were targeting his family with abuse.

Oh FFS, what's that poor guy done wrong? Disgraceful to hear that, how the f**k are we as fans supposed to be taken seriously if some are behaving like that?

Agree. 
The likes of Rudden and McDaid seemed to be fucked really early in the second half. McGinn was lining up to come on just as they scored their equaliser. Typical. All comes down to the lack of strikers we have aswell IMO which we all know needed sorted in January.
Sore one as you said, but it's definitely not over. I for one was content at the end of the game. There's countless times this season we've questioned desire and tactics but we played the wingbacks quite well and were ultimately done because we couldn't deal with the class rangers had on their bench (four great subs available).
Fair play to Elliot who played great (not just because of his goal). Credit where credits due for him after alot of criticism including from me. He starts in the next game for me; it's only fair.
Celtic play St Johnstone at home when we play the derby so the next round of fixtures is crucial. Matching St Johnstones result as a minimum is a must next time out.
Get two weeks of training in and let's have a crack at staying up. The players we have are championship standard in most cases but with application like today we might just manage an unlikely escape.
Thank you.

Good positive post and I agree. The commitment of the players has been good since the Livi debacle and with a bit of luck we’d have a few more points. We’ve accidentally increased the size of the squad through force of injuries and the likes of McDaid and Elliot getting some games must be good for morale. Thought Lawlor looked much more confident today too and did well. Would have been great to have Mullen fit to come on for Rudden. Thought Rudden looked pretty decent today too.

Good backs to the wall fight about us until Gowser went off today, seemed to fall apart a bit after that, though pretty unlucky with first and ridiculously unlucky with second. Wont be playing the arse cheeks again this season so a very different response from now on where we aren't expected to sit deep and must be looking to win games. While not being soft through the middle we have to be creating more chances than we have been. Might seem a bit harsh to drop players after today but needs really must. Was glad he wasn't playing today but anyone any idea when Charlie might return?

20 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Is that ‘Fans League of Vermin’ Twitter profile ran by the guy Jimmy that used to post on here, very similar writing style and the same ability to mock faux outrage at almost anything football fans do. His Twitter profile Jimmy Jazz manages to get people frothing at the mouth when it’s very obvious he’s at the wind up, tagging Police Scotland in almost every post. It can actually be a very enjoyable read, especially when directed at Old Firm fans who jump in head first to defend their club without realising they are being trolled. 

When I first seen the similarities between the two flags, the Section 18 one never struck me as anything Nazi related. It looks like some wee guys have tried to copy other fan groups with the skull wearing a goggle jacket as a nod to the ‘casual’ scene, used the wreath from the old Dundee badge and then been unlucky that the area they sit at Dens is the same number used by a neo-nazi group. The wreath has been a long-standing feature on the clubs badge I believe, so it’s not like they have chosen a design unrelated to Dundee. I don’t think Combat 18 would have even crossed any of their minds until it was pointed out, and more than likely weren’t even aware of its existence, unless I’m mistaken and neo-nazi groups are popular amongst Dundonian teenagers. It’s probably right for them to change it though as it’s similar enough in design to give people the chance to link them, even if it hasn’t been intentional. 

Yes, it is Jimmy. He used to post the list on his own account, before making a separate one for it which has taken off quite a bit. I think it’s great entertainment. 

7 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

Who would the club want in the bottom 6 besides St. Johnstone to possibly help avoid relegation(or just get to the playoff)?

St. Mirren, Ross County, Livingston, Motherwell?    Or sub Aberdeen for Livingston?

I'd take it as it is now.  Doesn't really matter as all are better than us anyway given we're bottom.  

1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

Away to talk shite (usual) but why has Nelms been meeting Ogren for the last 2 months. 

^^^This has been said from a United fan 

Just as the talks were happening between Keyes and Thompson before he left tannadice and the talks when the stadium first got mentioned and everytime thereafter.

If a merger ever happened it would be a cultural disaster for Dundee.

After a few months many dead apposed would go. Future generations would have a team to support.

I don't like it but I really never see it happening.

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

Just as the talks were happening between Keyes and Thompson before he left tannadice and the talks when the stadium first got mentioned and everytime thereafter.

If a merger ever happened it would be a cultural disaster for Dundee.

After a few months many dead apposed would go. Future generations would have a team to support.

I don't like it but I really never see it happening.

Don’t worry, its not merger talks.  It’s about United turning Dens into a car park.

I trust that will put your mind to rest.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Don’t worry, its not merger talks.  It’s about United turning Dens into a car park.

I trust that will put your mind to rest.

Relaxed. As long as we aren't associated in any way with you lot.

Edited by Crawford

3 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Away to talk shite (usual) but why has Nelms been meeting Ogren for the last 2 months. 

^^^This has been said from a United fan 

If it's true which naturally I doubt it'll be about ground-sharing.

14 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

Who would the club want in the bottom 6 besides St. Johnstone to possibly help avoid relegation(or just get to the playoff)?

St. Mirren, Ross County, Livingston, Motherwell?    Or sub Aberdeen for Livingston?

Probably St Mirren, Motherwell, Hibs & Aberdeen. 

We have at least got results from them this season.