All things Dundee FC

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf to me I always said his dip was coming and was normal, potentially one of the few fans who wasn't that bothered by his lack of goals.

My issue was how he was acting. His head had completely gone last season as he struggled and players who don't have the mentality to get through tough patches, especially strikers, won't make it. Whatever happened to him on loan has transformed him again.

I think he'll end up a really streaky striker, so once he accepts that and just fights through struggles, and his manager accepts that its worth letting him, we should all be better off.

On 19/03/2022 at 09:55, RawB93 said:

The worst part of this is it's led to me ending up on TDB for the first time in years. Why are one team forums so mental?

Link here if anyone fancies spending their morning getting raging.

Section 18 DSC. - Dundee FC Forum - The Dark Blues 

Some erm...interesting takes in that thread.

Seems wild to me that someone's first response to it being pointed out that the name the group were adopting sounded very similar to actual fascists would be anything other than "yeah, that's probably not a good idea lads." but here we are.

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I'd be surprised if you could even define why Rangers fans are called that; if you could then I'd be interested to know why you're shouting about it online before a football match.

Thank you.

It's because Genghis Khan formed rangers. Everyone knows that.

So far so good.

has chapman been playing for the youngest team to build up match fitness at least, game time is the only reason I can see for him at least not being on the bench(other than generally being shite), how long is his contract?

Another sore one to take, bloody difficult though when you're playing against 12. Thought the team showed a lot of fight, and we're definitely better organised than the McPake shambles, if we can get Adam back for a run of games, confident we can still do it.

Thank you.

Another sore one to take, bloody difficult though when you're playing against 12. Thought the team showed a lot of fight, and we're definitely better organised than the McPake shambles, if we can get Adam back for a run of games, confident we can still do it.
Thank you.
Depth of bench ultimately won it for them.

It's criminal that we only had Rudden available as the out-and-out forward.

That's down to McPake/Nelms.

Thank you.

Agree with all that. He’s had to come up with some imaginative line ups given injuries, covid and the ridiculous mess of a squad he got left by the half wit.

18 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Definitely impressed by the effort today, but that by no means changes my feelings overall.

We drew against that Rangers side earlier in the season and if it weren't for a missed penalty would have won.

Another game we desperately needed points from and pulled defeat out of the jaws of something positive.

We drew against that Rangers side earlier in the season and if it weren't for a missed penalty would have won.
Another game we desperately needed points from and pulled defeat out of the jaws of something positive.

Did Aribo not score? The penalty would probably have meant a draw. We had Griffiths, Cummings, Sheridan and Jakubiak all available that day but Jazzer left us with only Rudden and Mullen for strikers and Mullen was out today. Fucking piss poor management.

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thank you.

Agree. 

The likes of Rudden and McDaid seemed to be fucked really early in the second half. McGinn was lining up to come on just as they scored their equaliser. Typical. All comes down to the lack of strikers we have aswell IMO which we all know needed sorted in January.

Sore one as you said, but it's definitely not over. I for one was content at the end of the game. There's countless times this season we've questioned desire and tactics but we played the wingbacks quite well and were ultimately done because we couldn't deal with the class rangers had on their bench (four great subs available).

Fair play to Elliot who played great (not just because of his goal). Credit where credits due for him after alot of criticism including from me. He starts in the next game for me; it's only fair.

Celtic play St Johnstone at home when we play the derby so the next round of fixtures is crucial. Matching St Johnstones result as a minimum is a must next time out.

Get two weeks of training in and let's have a crack at staying up. The players we have are championship standard in most cases but with application like today we might just manage an unlikely escape.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

33 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Did Aribo not score? The penalty would probably have meant a draw. We had Griffiths, Cummings, Sheridan and Jakubiak all available that day but Jazzer left us with only Rudden and Mullen for strikers and Mullen was out today. Fucking piss poor management.

We drew that game didn't we? Memory is frazzled. Sheridan was injured by then I'm sure.

Edited by Ludo*1