All things Dundee FC

23 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

He’s definitely worse than Cammy , if Cammy was as bad as Elliot them I’d advise him to give up altogether, Elliot is complete and utter dross 

If that was the case then I'd expect Kerr to start every game at RB and Elliot to be busy getting splinters, yet when both were fit Elliot played and Kerr sat on the bench. This, coupled with the fact we went out and got a loan RB during the transfer window shows that Kerr is at best third choice at his natural position when everyone is fit, so again, what the f**k are the club doing continually renewing the contract of a player who is a makeweight at best and nowhere near the standard required for a club aiming to be a persistent Premiership presence?

Again, Horsefield & Elliot, both complete garbage, but so is Cammy Kerr. I'm baffled by Dundee fans who can't see him for what he is tbh.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

This, coupled with the fact we went out and got a loan RB during the transfer window shows that Kerr is at best third choice

No. Yet again we have drafted in another player to be RB and Kerr is, again, better than them (granted DC may go on to be a better RB but certainly isn't now). 

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

yet when both were fit Elliot played and Kerr sat on the bench

For a while until virtually everyone realised that Kerr was better. When was the last time Elliot was preferred over Kerr when both have been fit?

I think the main point here is that Cammy has been one of our better performers this season, yet, as seems usual nowadays, there are a number of posters on here lining him up for criticism above others performing more poorly. Name the players against The Rangers last Sunday, for example, that were better than him? 

15 minutes ago, DieDee said:

I think the main point here is that Cammy has been one of our better performers this season, yet, as seems usual nowadays, there are a number of posters on here lining him up for criticism above others performing more poorly. Name the players against The Rangers last Sunday, for example, that were better than him? 

Exactly. Could we get a better RB than Cammy? Of course we could but any effort to replace him over the past few years have failed. He's a better player than many on here think and his commitment can't be bettered. I just don't get the flak he receives whilst other get praise for doing exactly what Cammy get slaughtered for e.g. unable to cross, unable to pass, unable to defend. The fact that Mullen, Marshall, McGhee etc run around looking busy seems to be enough for some of our fans

Kerr fan, yes we could do with another right back to push him as he’s never had that since we had Irvine when he was a wee lad he is also a great utility player to have a can be used anywhere along the back line if needed, most squads need a player like this

there are at least 10 other things you can shout about before cammy, since people are saying he’s a championship player anyway, well he’ll be a great addition for next year then.

Other players being garbage is absolutely no defence, and Cammy Kerr isn't singled out for criticism above any of those either, he's simply been at the club far longer so has had people pointing out how poor he is for far longer, so it seems that he's picked on when in actual fact people are just mystified at how he can be so poor for so long and still have a job with the club. 

I totally disagree that he's been one of the better performers. For starters, he couldn't get on the pitch for half the season, and only when Marshall got injured and we were forced to use him as a LB has he played on a consistent basis. He's always been limited tactically when he plays on the wrong side, which, while it hides a lot of his deficiencies, also completely restricts what the team can do down one entire side of the pitch. So this narrative about Kerr being a better performer seems to have arisen because the limitations placed on him when he plays LB deliberately constrains him, meaning that he isn't exposed as much because he isn't being asked or expected to do as much.

I'm sure if he was only expected to do the same while playing RB he'd look much better, but again, that would just totally impede the team as a whole just as he does when he plays LB. He's not up to playing Premiership football, it's really that simple, and our other players also being garbage changes nothing about that fact.

14 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Can't believe we are now at a stage where people are happy with Kerr playing. A guy who can't control a ball, can't find a man 5 yards from him and can't cross a ball. Sure, he runs about a lot - gives his all and will continually put himself in where it hurts but if I was on near £1300 per week, I'd do the same. 

The Laddie has stunk the place out for about 8 years. It's recruitment (or therein lack of) like this that has the club where it is. 

Totally agree. That's one of the reasons we never seem to improve guys like him still being in the team, he gives 100% cant argue with that but has very little footballing ability. Most teams in the league, if not all, have a better player in his position (s).

49 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

he is also a great utility player to have a can be used anywhere along the back line if needed, most squads need a player like this

He can play either fullback position, but that's it. 

God forbid we ever have him at CH or CM again.

1 hour ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Exactly. Could we get a better RB than Cammy? Of course we could but any effort to replace him over the past few years have failed. He's a better player than many on here think and his commitment can't be bettered. I just don't get the flak he receives whilst other get praise for doing exactly what Cammy get slaughtered for e.g. unable to cross, unable to pass, unable to defend. The fact that Mullen, Marshall, McGhee etc run around looking busy seems to be enough for some of our fans

Mullen - shite

Marshall - shite 

Kerr - shite 

Mcghee - less shite 

Hope this helps you here. I believe most think what I have put. If you ask me what players aren't shite I can do this one pretty quick.

Championship level we are stuck with the shite. Just how it is 

Edited by Robin.Hood

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I reckon McPake could be a good shout for the Edinburgh City job.

I did genuinely think he had a shot at Queen's Park until relatively recently, but Edinburgh City would be a decent fit for him to prove himself at a competitive level with a club expecting to turn their fortunes back into chasing promotion.

7 minutes ago, The Derry said:

I genuinely dk how I haven't given myself a stroke reading any of robin hoods posts.  The single most seethe inducing nonsense on the planet.  I think I love the feeling though as I can't stop looking at them.

Stats ? Eh love stats.

Iain Davidson.

News on campy is there any ?

1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

LOL gd ane. 

Ok, go on, lets see your list of players that have been consistently better. 

(from earlier I think you will choose McGhee who's been way off it this season, in a position that clearly doesn't suit him at PL Level. Stick him back in defence and I hope he'll regain his form/confidence of a couple of seasons back when he was our POY and clearly better than CK)

Edited by DieDee

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I reckon McPake could be a good shout for the Edinburgh City job.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I did genuinely think he had a shot at Queen's Park until relatively recently, but Edinburgh City would be a decent fit for him to prove himself at a competitive level with a club expecting to turn their fortunes back into chasing promotion.

I’m obviously seeing things totally different from both of you.  In his time with us I saw no signs that McPake can build a coherent squad, despite the resources he had at his disposal.  I also found myself questioning his line ups and tactics during a game more often than not.  I’m not even going to discuss his use of substitutions.

Remember , no club in the land appeared interested in making McPake their manager.  He only got the gig at Dens because Nelms appears to have no idea what qualities are required in a manager and presumably simply went for the closest and cheapest option.