All things Dundee FC

59 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Very harsh imo. He’s barely put a foot wrong since the left back switch. To think people used to want us to start Elliot over Cammy.
I’ll defo go to Cammy testimonial events.

Exactly this.

OK so he's not a world beater, but every game he gives 110%. The lad is living the dream, playing for the club he has supported his whole life. I would give my left bollock to represent my club for a 10 minute run out. He has also been a great representative for the club in its community efforts. If only some other players would show his level desire and clear enjoyment of pulling on the Dark Blue then we would probably be in a better position.

31 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

I disagree. Number of saves is not a good indicator of the quality of a goalkeeper, save percentage is. For example, there have been 117 shots against Legzdins and he has saved 80 of them. There have been 50 shots against Joe Hart and he has saved 36 of them.

Legzdins has more saves but he only saves 68.4% of shots against him while Joe Hart has less saves but stops 72% of shots. Who really is the better keeper then?

That’s not enough in itself though. How many shots against Joe Hart are hit & hopes from 30yds because they can’t get near Celtic’s goal? I’d guess teams can slice through Dundee’s defence a little easier which means more shots on Legzdins will be from far closer range, and presumably therefore harder to save. You need to consider xGA if you’re going down that route. 

Can't believe we are now at a stage where people are happy with Kerr playing. A guy who can't control a ball, can't find a man 5 yards from him and can't cross a ball. Sure, he runs about a lot - gives his all and will continually put himself in where it hurts but if I was on near £1300 per week, I'd do the same. 

The Laddie has stunk the place out for about 8 years. It's recruitment (or therein lack of) like this that has the club where it is. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Can't believe we are now at a stage where people are happy with Kerr playing. A guy who can't control a ball, can't find a man 5 yards from him and can't cross a ball. Sure, he runs about a lot - gives his all and will continually put himself in where it hurts but if I was on near £1300 per week, I'd do the same. 

The Laddie has stunk the place out for about 8 years. It's recruitment (or therein lack of) like this that has the club where it is. 

giphy-1.gif.ac3b75a1bcd9fd2000abcea364809d16.gif

If Dees fans are tired of the club kicking them in the nuts on a weekly basis and want to follow something else, our university basketball tournament starts today and is always a good time/watch. My school did not make it, but it's still a fun few weeks.

If Dundee FC had any ambition the likes of Kerr would have been 'thanks for the efforted' years ago. The lad tries, but he's a Championship player at best. No wonder we're a yoyo team if we view Cammy Kerr and his ilk as the bones of the squad

Well none of those players have been at the club anywhere near as long as Kerr, so while it's true they might not be up to standard, none of them have been as mediocre for such an extended period. Kerr is playing LB because he can't get in the team at his natural position, and because Marshall is injured half the time, so it's not as if he's beaten off the competition to become a mainstay. He's playing as a last resort, which is why it's so baffling that he's been kept around for so long.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Well none of those players have been at the club anywhere near as long as Kerr, so while it's true they might not be up to standard, none of them have been as mediocre for such an extended period. Kerr is playing LB because he can't get in the team at his natural position, and because Marshall is injured half the time, so it's not as if he's beaten off the competition to become a mainstay. He's playing as a last resort, which is why it's so baffling that he's been kept around for so long.

Kerr is playing right back because he's the best we have and was only left back because of Mashall injury/he's gash. No doubt you have celebrated the signing of the likes of Horsefield and Elliot and regarded them as proper right backs. The way the team has played for years has left our full backs exposed and put in a position of receiving unfair criticism when the reality is that a succession of managers have been totally clueless. With Adam, McMullen and Sweeney I'd say he's been one of our best performers this season (I know, not saying much) and of those probably the most consistent over the season so far. 

13 minutes ago, DieDee said:

Kerr is playing right back because he's the best we have and was only left back because of Mashall injury/he's gash. No doubt you have celebrated the signing of the likes of Horsefield and Elliot and regarded them as proper right backs. The way the team has played for years has left our full backs exposed and put in a position of receiving unfair criticism when the reality is that a succession of managers have been totally clueless. With Adam, McMullen and Sweeney I'd say he's been one of our best performers this season (I know, not saying much) and of those probably the most consistent over the season so far. 

This is insane.

Will say how it is. Kerr is shite n should have been let go years ago. But hey he is a Dundee fan n stayed at club for 10 years so I'm meant to be happy about it ? Good for him on a personal level but as a fan and someone who pays money to the club.... players like him need to gtf. 

Our squad is so shite. Can't mind who said but think we need a huge rebuild n we go again . I don't mind this aslong as we had some sort of plan.  However these boys are under contract so can more or less right off next season unless we gonna rip up n pay off contracts ( okay I laughed at that part)

Och well could be worse, could be Admin 3 

6 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

If Dees fans are tired of the club kicking them in the nuts on a weekly basis and want to follow something else, our university basketball tournament starts today and is always a good time/watch. My school did not make it, but it's still a fun few weeks.

March Madness?

21 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

Not only that.

Screenshot_20220316-125730_Facebook.thumb.jpg.1133532b26d4139b50abaa6de4843d45.jpg

Am I the only one who doesn't really "get" these sorts of things?

I appreciate they appeal to some, and I'm definitely not a "I don't like it so it shouldn't happen" person. But at the same time, I feel I'm being judged when I tell people I don't want to go. 

It was the same with the "Dee-fiant" reunion and other things like this in the past. 

2 hours ago, DieDee said:

What an utterly bizarre assertion.

Horsefield is possibly the most clueless player I've ever seen wearing dark blue, and as shite as Elliot is, he's no worse than Cammy Kerr

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

What an utterly bizarre assertion.

Horsefield is possibly the most clueless player I've ever seen wearing dark blue, and as shite as Elliot is, he's no worse than Cammy Kerr

He’s definitely worse than Cammy , if Cammy was as bad as Elliot them I’d advise him to give up altogether, Elliot is complete and utter dross 

4 hours ago, Fifespud said:

As I watch games and look at either of our senior keepers, Byrne, Mullen and Marshall I’d say all 4 need ‘thanks for your efforted’ before Cammy. But each to their own opinion.

Totally agree , Byrne is the most over rated player at dens for years , I honestly don’t see what he brings to the team apart from the very occasional crunch tackle , it would be good to see how many assists he has to his name since joining the Dees , I know he’s a holding midfielder but he should have a least a couple of assists to his name 

3 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Totally agree , Byrne is the most over rated player at dens for years , I honestly don’t see what he brings to the team apart from the very occasional crunch tackle , it would be good to see how many assists he has to his name since joining the Dees , I know he’s a holding midfielder but he should have a least a couple of assists to his name 

Byrne n assists? 

Mullen n goals ?

Defenders n clean sheets?

Kerr n testimonial?

Goalkeepers n nae defence or nae midfield or nae f**k all?

I've no issue with Byrne not getting assists. However if we are going to criticise players he would be top 5? Dearie me