All things Dundee FC

7 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Get McGhee in as striker and his jaw will play right wing ..... sorted it for you.

Can empathise with your shitty situation but rules surrounding covid were clarified in the wake of what happened to us with Killie and St Mirren last season. SPFL decided to make it clear that clubs should do everything you can to mitigate transmission as the fixtures will be fulfilled or forfeited. It kinda banks on footballers not being wallopers which is a bigger ask than getting them to adhere to FACTS.

No league games will be forfeited.

7 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Get McGhee in as striker and his jaw will play right wing ..... sorted it for you.

Can empathise with your shitty situation but rules surrounding covid were clarified in the wake of what happened to us with Killie and St Mirren last season. SPFL decided to make it clear that clubs should do everything you can to mitigate transmission as the fixtures will be fulfilled or forfeited. It kinda banks on footballers not being wallopers which is a bigger ask than getting them to adhere to FACTS.

The spfl made it clear they don't really care and there's no punishment for clubs not being able to play. If those X players Dundee are missing today are remotely important, especially with Adam out, they have no incentive to play and every incentive to find another couple of injuries or positive tests. I would fully expect us to do the same.

McGhee confirming he didn't know Danny Mullen had even been offered a deal or that he'd rejected it until he was briefed for his pre-match interviews.

Nelms usually hands absolutely everything over to the manager so that suggests that even Nelms doesn't see McGhee as our long term manager. However, worryingly it means Nelms (or Strachan I suppose) are making footballing decisions when he doesn't have a clue what the next guy will want.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

McGhee confirming he didn't know Danny Mullen had even been offered a deal or that he'd rejected it until he was briefed for his pre-match interviews.

Nelms usually hands absolutely everything over to the manager so that suggests that even Nelms doesn't see McGhee as our long term manager. However, worryingly it means Nelms (or Strachan I suppose) are making footballing decisions when he doesn't have a clue what the next guy will want.

He may have been offered it by McPake months ago but has been given time to think about it.

Probably hearing shouts of "f**k off Mullen, you useless c**t" and "You're shite Danny" has made his mind up for him.

Surprisingly, I quite like Danny Mullen, if he is used correctly. His work rate for short spells is excellent, but to ask for his intensity twice a week for full games is asking too much. He is good for, at the most, an hour a game or to come of the bench to press. I would have happily kept him as back up.

28 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

He may have been offered it by McPake months ago but has been given time to think about it.

Probably hearing shouts of "f**k off Mullen, you useless c**t" and "You're shite Danny" has made his mind up for him.

Surprisingly, I quite like Danny Mullen, if he is used correctly. His work rate for short spells is excellent, but to ask for his intensity twice a week for full games is asking too much. He is good for, at the most, an hour a game or to come of the bench to press. I would have happily kept him as back up.

He would be good at fives. Runs about n is a nuisance. Championship level he is fine. I dont believe he is a striker however. Unsure where you play him to get best out of him. A professional player n we can't get a full 90 minutes or that's what is suggested. Yup bench player or off you pop. 

Ralph I liked at left back. Better than what we have for sure I feel.

At a stage of not giving a f**k so will see whatbour squad is like in 2 years time. Majority of squad is signed up for next season so that's a disaster regardless of what league we are in. We change , simple as that I feel.

Two questions 

Rossdee has anyone seen his where abouts? Usually disagreed with him but still don't mind the chat 

Also the dundee whiskey , can we still get it ? Was gonna phone shop up but can't be fucked. May do eventually 

18 hours ago, The Algebraist said:

Do we actually know this? Although less likely it is still extremely easy to get COVID, particularly Omicron, with the vaccine, it just tends to be milder when you do get it. 

I've been triple vaccinated and still got it. That is not the point though. The issue is with players that do not have Covid but are seen as close contacts. They have to isolate because they are not vaccinated, not because they have Covid.

1 hour ago, DieDee said:

I've been triple vaccinated and still got it. That is not the point though. The issue is with players that do not have Covid but are seen as close contacts. They have to isolate because they are not vaccinated, not because they have Covid.

A lot of people seem to be missing this point which you have nailed.

We have a team full of numpties.

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

f**k you then.

So you don't believe in helping the over stressed nurses and doctors in the NHS? Flockwits that don't believe in keeping infections down for the most vulnerable in society, are you like Thatcher, and don't believe in that kind of thing? Selfish basterds of the world unite...  Cunetos that think of themselves above the team, get rid of them, not what we should be supporting

13 minutes ago, DieDee said:

So you don't believe in helping the over stressed nurses and doctors in the NHS? Flockwits that don't believe in keeping infections down for the most vulnerable in society, are you like Thatcher, and don't believe in that kind of thing? Selfish basterds of the world unite...  Cunetos that think of themselves above the team, get rid of them, not what we should be supporting

I don’t know about that but shoplifters of the word should unite……………and take over.

And I’ll tell you another thing while we are discussing politics - last night the plans for a future war was all I saw on Channel 4.

I'm vaccinated but I don't have a problem with those that didn't. It should always be a choice. Covid vaccination definitely crossed too many lines.

I understand the arguments for it being rushed to market too. Never has anything been tested and distributed so quickly.

You still get covid regardless. You don't get as sick and have a lower chance of spreading it, but you still can to others.

Could have been vaccinated players that just liked kissing eachother 😂

39 minutes ago, DieDee said:

29 minutes ago, GooseLips said:

Have to agree with Fifespud and DieDee. Selfish, moronic arseholes if they’re refusing on anything other than a legitimate medical reason. 

Not wanting to get into it, but this is quite a narrow minded and ignorant point of view imo.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, DieDee said:

Dangerous, spouting out this absolute shite.

Thank you.