All things Dundee FC

31 minutes ago, Girth said:

Every. Damn. Season. 

1 minute ago, Spikethedee said:

They are probably going on the principle that if they keep on doing it, one of them will eventually be successful...

Tbf, I'm just saying that I think the squad needs another overhaul, but that doesn't mean there will be one. The majority of our players are already signed up for the 2022-23 season. Probably decent enough players for the Championship, but they'll need to get behind whatever manager we have and said manager will need to see the same potential in these players as McPake did. If we somehow stay up, we'll need to rely on these same players at this level next season too unless we pay at least some of them off.

I have, for the last couple of seasons under McPake, thought that a half decent manager can get quite a bit more from the current squad so a sprinkling of good additions could go a long way. That said, the results without Charlie are more than pretty grim and it's going to be more difficult for him to keep his, already limited, level of fitness up

50 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Barry Smith is the new assistant coach at Nicholas Hamilton's club York United in Canada

Just looking at 'Hammy's' stats...any idea why we signed him in the first place!?

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2014–2020 Cavalier 113 (21)
2020–2021 York United 15 (0)
2020–2021  Dundee (loan) 0 (0)

16 minutes ago, Girth said:

Just looking at 'Hammy's' stats...any idea why we signed him in the first place!?

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2014–2020 Cavalier 113 (21)
2020–2021 York United 15 (0)
2020–2021  Dundee (loan) 0 (0)

Purely as a favour to their "Dundee loving CEO" because he couldn't get in to Canada because of the covid regs

McGowan and the other unshiftables need axed.

We can change as many fringe players, strikers and managers as we like, if the core dressing room and coaches never change, neither will the results or culture.

If we are honest with ourselves, Dundee has been in trouble for years in that regard.

42 minutes ago, Crawford said:

McGowan and the other unshiftables need axed.

We can change as many fringe players, strikers and managers as we like, if the core dressing room and coaches never change, neither will the results or culture.

If we are honest with ourselves, Dundee has been in trouble for years in that regard.

This.

I was honestly so angry when I learned Kevin McD knocked us back due to the set up not being professional enough. That's the bare fucking minimum I'd expect from our club.

I’d probably still give McGowan a year to 18 month deal , he’d still do a job in the championship and at the very least is a good squad player to have in prem(should we stay up)

also he is sooo close to his testimonial just doesn’t feel right to shaft him after almost 300 games for the club

I’d probably still give McGowan a year to 18 month deal , he’d still do a job in the championship and at the very least is a good squad player to have in prem(should we stay up)
also he is sooo close to his testimonial just doesn’t feel right to shaft him after almost 300 games for the club

Controversial!!

Isn’t he already signed up?

The coming inside of the fullbacks when defending was started in the McPake days and seems to be continuing under McGee. I can understand this if your opposition has a potent strike force but there was no need last night against a loan striker. 

Teams are wise to this and both Celtic at Dens (Abada) and Hibs (Cadden) just hug the right touchline and get acres of space to control the ball and run at the left back. 

With McGinns lack of mobility and pace combined with Marshall's lack of defensive skills this is an obvious weakness for Dundee. 

If multiple posters on here can see it why do they still persist with it is beyond me.