All things Dundee FC

Why are so many Dundee fans still behind Strachan?

He's turned your youth teams into land of the giants and you've absolutely lost a player to United who'll be a first teamer in the next 6/7 years, he spends half his time working for Celtic, and he's now persuaded the club to sack McPake and hire McGhee, presumably because they're friendly.

Like I don't get, at all, why he escapes any criticism and folk are still desperate to have him around.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Can't believe I've woke up to people swallowing and accepting this appointment within the fanbase already.

Outrageous.

He's better than McPake and if you wanted to stay in this division, McGhee will do a better job of that too.

I think I’d genuinely rather have McPake still at the club. I had little faith in him, but at least he was inoffensive. Mark McGhee is a dreadful choice and has shown at other clubs the contempt he holds the fans and club in (see his Aberdeen comments about waiting for the Celtic job). 

I’m a season ticket holder because I’m fortunate enough to be able to afford that, and I support the club even though I get to very few home games because I don’t live in Dundee. I’m struggling to justify spending another £400 next year when I feel like the people at the top are constantly making bad, tone deaf decisions. 

54 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

The Americans coming in saved the club. This "all going to end in tears" shtick is tiresome - when "tears" is relegation. Without the American investment - and continued investment - there would be no club to cry about. 

They can plow in as much money as they want but they are absolutely clueless when it comes to footballing matters and that fucks over any progression we could ever make in spite of however much they're throwing. 

It's an utter shambles. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

The Americans coming in saved the club. This "all going to end in tears" shtick is tiresome - when "tears" is relegation. Without the American investment - and continued investment - there would be no club to cry about. 

Bullshit

9 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Ludo, we have been absolutely horse shit for the past 3 years with him in charge. Something had to change, not ideal but at least give the c**t a chance.

There is solid actual evidence that this particular c**t would never give certain players a chance. Usually linked to them not being white.

5 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

There is solid actual evidence that this particular c**t would never give certain players a chance. Usually linked to them not being white.

Few people think less of mark mcghee the man than me, but is this true? 

I’ve never heard this rumour, never mind ‘solid actual evidence’. 

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's turned your youth teams into land of the giants and you've absolutely lost a player to United who'll be a first teamer in the next 6/7 years, he spends half his time working for Celtic, and he's now persuaded the club to sack McPake and hire McGhee, presumably because they're friendly.

Like I don't get, at all, why he escapes any criticism and folk are still desperate to have him around.

I have absolutely no fucking idea. His managerial credentials appear to consist of being at the helm when Celtic suffered one of their most humiliating ever results in Europe, a completely underwhelming spell at Middlesboro and having Scotland play utterly turgid pish. OK so there's a bit more to it than that, but given the relatively poor yield from the youth side of things so far, the fact that he spends half his time rimming Celtic, and we're now apparently making a thoroughly embarrassing managerial appointment because he wants to give his mate a job, he can f**k right off. 

8 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I have absolutely no fucking idea. His managerial credentials appear to consist of being at the helm when Celtic suffered one of their most humiliating ever results in Europe, a completely underwhelming spell at Middlesboro and having Scotland play utterly turgid pish. OK so there's a bit more to it than that, but given the relatively poor yield from the youth side of things so far, the fact that he spends half his time rimming Celtic, and we're now apparently making a thoroughly embarrassing managerial appointment because he wants to give his mate a job, he can f**k right off. 

That's harsh as. It's still currently something like the U13s he's had the most direct input with.

ETA: I agree with everything else though.

Edited by Ludo*1

21 minutes ago, Caballero said:

Bullshit

Your owner approached St Mirren first our chairman had us up for,sale. Gilmour got a due diligence done on him and was found not to be in St Mirren's best interest  We are now fan owned which is the road Dundee fans should go down. There is a lot of help and guidance out there how to achieve this.  Not what you want to hear but if its Strachan leading with McGee number two I can see it working till the end of the season possibly keeping you in the league. Strachan has watched you often enough he knows your players . If its McGee as number one then I get why your fans are up in arms by that appointment that would be nuts. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

What player have we lost to United? Don’t think people are desperate to have Strachan round though, most probably forgotten he’s here.