All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd take Warnock. Get him in.

He’ll do for me! It was Monday morning he mentioned it I thought he’d be ideal. Said he’d happily take a job til the summer as well. I’m sure he’s said in the past he applied for the Aberdeen and Hearts job and never got a look in. 

30 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Aberdeen fans had a perfectly good manager in McInnes and they hounded him out.  Unfortunately too many Aberdeen fans still think they are a big club capable of competing against the Old Firm.

Can you actually name even one fan who thinks that?

20 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

All these fans of other clubs (you can add Rory Loy in as well) can f**k right off with this ‘it’s bizarre timing after 2 wins’ pish. In those 2 games we were rank rotten for 3/4 of them. The 2nd half at Tynecastle was good, the 1st half at Tynecastle and the entire Peterhead game were brutal. Hearts could’ve been out of sight 1st half. The Ross County game was good 1st half, terrible 2nd half with nothing short of ridiculous subbies and tactics. 

This sacking is 18 months overdue. If we want to progress as a club we know it is and we need to be more ruthless instead of letting apathy set in and accepting pish. 

Maybe after Nelms got his dual citizenship the day of the County game has made him grew a bit of balls and do what was needed to be done now he’s here for the long run. 

Will this be the end for Gowser with his mate gone?

Anyways get Neil Warnock the f**k in. Said on Talksport on Monday he’s looking for something different and said he’d love to manage in Scotland. 

Warnock, Jack Ross, Lee Johnson,?Tab Ramos in that order…

Ian Holloway has said he'd fancy job in Scotland.  Link back up with Charlie and relive their Blackpool days at Dens.

7 minutes ago, neildundee said:

Ian Holloway has said he'd fancy job in Scotland.  Link back up with Charlie and relive their Blackpool days at Dens.

An appointment out of the blue like that would do me. Got to think bigger than the usual pish. Who would’ve thought McInnes would go to Killie. 

We've done McPake a major favour, he leaves with a half decent record on paper, got us up/had us above bottom spot, blah, blah. Time to move on. I refuse to believe Nelms will f**k this one up, it cannot be possible.

Thank you.

The win on Monday and getting Rangers in the draw surely means a boost to the budget and that might be the real reason for the sacking - its now financially possible.

It’s too late in the season to appoint anyone without experience of Scottish football. Given that it worked before (kept us up) maybe the Yanks will have already called McCann. I imagine whoever it is will look good on paper to them, but will look terrible to us fans. 

56 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Aberdeen fans had a perfectly good manager in McInnes and they hounded him out.  Unfortunately too many Aberdeen fans still think they are a big club capable of competing against the Old Firm.

24 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Can you actually name even one fan who thinks that?

I notice you’re not disputing the first sentence of my post 🤔

Penny may have now dropped for some of us John Nelms, throw your young, previously bullet-proof prodigy under the bus without (allegedly) it would appear having any replacement lined up? James McPake added to his playing squad only last week for goodness sake!

It would have been considerably easier answering the questions put to you last December regarding the purchase and subsequent resale of Dens Park prior to the new stadium project rather than now play a game of deflection in February?

Truly, truly hope I'm wrong, obviously taking into account the shit we've had to endure the last six years or so.

I look forward to a sensible management appointment, nowt less than Jack Ross is acceptable.

Tick tock. 

2 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Penny may have now dropped for some of us John Nelms, throw your young, previously bullet-proof prodigy under the bus without (allegedly) it would appear having any replacement lined up?

Does it? Even if we have someone lined up I doubt it'll be confirmed today out of respect for McPake.