All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Crawford said:

Ross or Goodwin. Can't imagine any of the usual suspects could manage to BS there way into that job.

Read the Aberdeen thread and it would appear neither of the above are rated very highly, FFS.

What with the American influence at Pittodrie anything can happen. However I reckon it'll be Stephen Robinson or Graham Alexander, thus leaving Jack Ross to be ignored by John Nelms until either our relegation or he lands another management gig.

There again, back to the real world, James McPake out.

Ta.

11 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

Mind him scoring a scorcher in to the top corner against the DABS to win a midweek Forfarshire Cup game many, many years back.

Checked this up. It was 1979 and he scored in extra time with a missile in the top corner to make it 2-2. Dees won the penalty shoot out. Over 12,000+ at the game. God, I'm getting on!

The Muppets Laughing GIF

15 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Checked this up. It was 1979 and he scored in extra time with a missile in the top corner to make it 2-2. Dees won the penalty shoot out. Over 12,000+ at the game. God, I'm getting on!

The Muppets Laughing GIF

Yep, I was there as well that night. When the Smurf hit the postage stamp corner we must have moved as one entity 10 metres or more down the cliff. 

No risk assessment in these days, only a lifelong dismay and derision at any smeghead wearing tangerine.

Regards as always. 

guffaw.gif.14998646c2286a3d6c98559a3784599f.gif

15 hours ago, Vernon gilmore said:

My very first memory of going to Dens was the day Gilzean scored 7 in a 10_2 win against Queens, so I’ve never thought of them as a bogey team , back in the 60s my dad thought Clyde were our bogey team 

And yet we lost to them at Palmerston 1-0 a few months later!

18 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

And @RossBFaeDundee has to be amped that Chapman played his college ball at Michigan State.

As long as he's wearing our navy blue I can just about stomach him coming from UM's shitey wee brothers.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee
Addition of the word 'shitey'

16 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Dees 3-0 tonight.

Chapman to unexpectedly come off the bench and score a brace in the second half.

I think (and hope) he will get a start tonight. 

However, I know you are kinda still pretty new to this so I don't expect you to know every fact about Scottish football, Dundee FC and the Scottish Cup don't go well together. In fact, I think there's 2 threads dedicated to Dundee not winning the Scottish Cup for 112 years, in the 'Domestic Cup Football' part of the forum.

I would not be in the least bit surprised if we exit the cup tonight.

Edited by johnnydun

10 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Anyone know what the story in the Courier is about? Premium content, but the headline says "John Nelms under fire from supporters group after failing to respond to serious concerns over stadium plans"

All content about us is Premium Content, obviously...

14 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Anyone know what the story in the Courier is about? Premium content, but the headline says "John Nelms under fire from supporters group after failing to respond to serious concerns over stadium plans"

Presumably about the stuff people were discussing earlier in the thread, re: the supporter's society sent out an email explaining Nelms basically ignoring them. I sincerely doubt any new revelations are contained within.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Just now, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Thanks for sending the unreadable content that we're not able to access and is already being discussed.