All things Dundee FC

Was really impressed with Lawlors kicking last night. Had plenty pass backs and every kick was excellent which we're not used to seeing with Legzdins. 

Looked shaky (being nice) at the beginning but pulled off some tremendous saves which led to our win. Looking forward to seeing his progression starting at Peterhead. 

If i  was to be negative, don't think Mulligan showed much apart from great work rate and effort. Find it very strange Chapman not getting minutes; is he one of them pointless January signings. Too early to tell of course. 

Peterhead is a must win, taking us into a quarter final. A bit of luck and we could be back at Hampden.

Forget about Celtic away next Sunday the St Mirren and Livi game the following week are huge. 

I expect cup progression and a minimum of 4/9 from the next three league games. Time to deliver Dundee FC.

Thank you. 

8 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Was really impressed with Lawlors kicking last night. Had plenty pass backs and every kick was excellent which we're not used to seeing with Legzdins. 

Looked shaky (being nice) at the beginning but pulled off some tremendous saves which led to our win. Looking forward to seeing his progression starting at Peterhead. 

If i  was to be negative, don't think Mulligan showed much apart from great work rate and effort. Find it very strange Chapman not getting minutes; is he one of them pointless January signings. Too early to tell of course. 

Peterhead is a must win, taking us into a quarter final. A bit of luck and we could be back at Hampden.

Forget about Celtic away next Sunday the St Mirren and Livi game the following week are huge. 

I expect cup progression and a minimum of 4/9 from the next three league games. Time to deliver Dundee FC.

Thank you. 

If we're going to escape a play-off spot, we'll need 6/9 IMO.  

10 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you. 

On Chapman I was beginning to think that since he was released by Miami in November it might take him a while to get up to fitness with no pre-season in him. But noe when you see Big Kev across the road having not played for 19 months and even more recently underwent a kidney transplant, it's likely he could just be shite.

It feels very Dundee to have signed two Canadians in two years and them be the worst footballers the country has to offer.

10 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you. 

Josh looked nervous and he was definitely played out. Of position, not unusual for James though , telly had him lining up right mid , but in reality he was left mid most of the game totally alien to him , 

3 hours ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Josh looked nervous and he was definitely played out. Of position, not unusual for James though , telly had him lining up right mid , but in reality he was left mid most of the game totally alien to him , 

He done the same with Lyall Cameron and we’ve never seen him again. 

This is a total RandomGuy style post so apologies in advance but I went looking to see who our official 'bogey' team is.

Using the Dee Archive site as reference which whilst not 100% accurate as of yet (phenomenal job those guys do btw) is absolutely the most accurate source on the internet and taking into account that we're a smaller team than Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs & Hearts & the Derby is a whole other thing, I've had a look at our records against every other club in Scotland to see who our official 'bogey teams' are. These are the clubs we have a negative overall record against.

Our bogey teams include:

Airdrie United (The one that took over Clydebank - we've got a very decent record against their first incarnation):  GP: 14 WR: 35.7% GD: -1

Elgin City GP1 WR:0% GD: -1

Inverness Caledonian Thistle GP: 37 WR: 21.62% GD: -12

Ross County GP: 49 WR: 30.6% GD: -3

If we include Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs & Hearts:

Aberdeen - GP: 268 WR: 20.52% GD: -156

Hibs - GP: 252 WR: 34.92% GD: -7 (We actually have a very good record against Hibs at home winning exactly 50% and having a GD of +50).

Hearts - GP: 267 WR: 30.71% GD: -94

Celtic - GP: 287 WR: 18.12% GD: -318

Rangers - GP: 272 WR: 20.59% GD: -292

Therefore, remarkably, we have a better win record against Rangers than we do Aberdeen in our history.

We have a positive record against every other club that's currently playing in the top 4 leagues in Scotland.

6 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

And the United ones? Just out of interest obviously

As you already know, pretty awful record for us overall. We actually have a better record against Hearts & Hibs in terms of wins.

Dundee United - GP: 177 WR: 27.68% GD: -70

ETA: The Arab Archive has it slightly different with 185GP and a 29.73%WR.

Edited by Ludo*1

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

As you already know, pretty awful record for us overall. We actually have a better record against Hearts & Hibs in terms of wins.

Ohh Ludo, you’ve changed 🤦🏻‍♂️

4 hours ago, Twinkle said:

And the United ones? Just out of interest obviously

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Be fair now Twinkle.  It wasn’t really until the swinging 60s that United joined Dundee in the top flight to set up the derbies.

58 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Yet still the same amount of major honors...😉 Only took you guys...most of your existence. 

Surely that makes it worse for you boys as you have had an extra 17 years to win more trophies? 🤔

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

This is a total RandomGuy style post so apologies in advance but I went looking to see who our official 'bogey' team is.

Using the Dee Archive site as reference which whilst not 100% accurate as of yet (phenomenal job those guys do btw) is absolutely the most accurate source on the internet and taking into account that we're a smaller team than Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs & Hearts & the Derby is a whole other thing, I've had a look at our records against every other club in Scotland to see who our official 'bogey teams' are. These are the clubs we have a negative overall record against.

Our bogey teams include:

Airdrie United (The one that took over Clydebank - we've got a very decent record against their first incarnation):  GP: 14 WR: 35.7% GD: -1

Elgin City GP1 WR:0% GD: -1

Inverness Caledonian Thistle GP: 37 WR: 21.62% GD: -12

Ross County GP: 49 WR: 30.6% GD: -3

If we include Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs & Hearts:

Aberdeen - GP: 268 WR: 20.52% GD: -156

Hibs - GP: 252 WR: 34.92% GD: -7 (We actually have a very good record against Hibs at home winning exactly 50% and having a GD of +50).

Hearts - GP: 267 WR: 30.71% GD: -94

Celtic - GP: 287 WR: 18.12% GD: -318

Rangers - GP: 272 WR: 20.59% GD: -292

Therefore, remarkably, we have a better win record against Rangers than we do Aberdeen in our history.

We have a positive record against every other club that's currently playing in the top 4 leagues in Scotland.

My Gramps used to say that our bogey team was/is QotS. He says we couldnae always had trouble with them no matter the situation - cups, different leagues, stacked Dundee teams of yesteryear it may no difference as it was always a struggle, especially away from home.