All things Dundee FC

Alex Neil has said multiple times he won't manage in Scotland again unless the club has incredible training facilities and an advanced set up behind the scenes. 

Your absolutely miles from being able to attract someone like that, fortunately.

Out of curiosity why does everyone want Jack Ross as he’s been sacked from his last 2 jobs?

having taken no real notice of him, how does he play or set up a team and does the way he play suit us?

for years we’ve had a midfield that teams can literally run through and easily at that, does JR style have a bit of steel in the middle or is he tiki taka pish?

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Alex Neil has said multiple times he won't manage in Scotland again unless the club has incredible training facilities and an advanced set up behind the scenes. 

Your absolutely miles from being able to attract someone like that, fortunately.

There's not many clubs where the manager gets absolute power on everything and a very good budget for the level we're at to back them. That's appealing.

26 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Out of curiosity why does everyone want Jack Ross as he’s been sacked from his last 2 jobs?

having taken no real notice of him, how does he play or set up a team and does the way he play suit us?

for years we’ve had a midfield that teams can literally run through and easily at that, does JR style have a bit of steel in the middle or is he tiki taka pish?

Same Jack Ross failed miserably at Sunderland, and sacked at hibs after a bad run of defeats , don’t want a5 dens 

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Would make sense it's done at night time with Keyes time zone.

for all the abuse nelms takes rightly or wrongly at the end of the day its keyes calling the shots nelms is just the man on the ground reporting back to him.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's true. I expect nelms would wait until we're mathematically down because I feel like his usual style is waiting until it's much too late, but I've not looked the previous sackings to check if that's correct. Also if he sacks him now he can't claim giving him the January transfer window wasn't a mistake.

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

There's not many clubs where the manager gets absolute power on everything and a very good budget for the level we're at to back them. That's appealing.

Your budget isn't as good as you're thinking it is, it'll comfortably be bottom half this season for example, and you won't be able to outspend sides like Motherwell and St Mirren who are both far more appealing for players in terms of on the pitch stuff. Financially even a club like us will be making more every season despite you having more season ticket holders and a higher average attendance, simply because you make nothing from your stadium. Crowds at our level don't give teams an advantage anymore unless you're also making money away from matches.

The control over a club would be massively appealing for many, but not many will want to build a club from the ground up, as will need done with you lot. Any decent manager looks at Scottish clubs as a 2/3 year job at most. You need an entire recruitment set up created and in place and operating before the season ends, I'd imagine a manager would get carte blanche to hire who they want to do that and chuck money at it, though I guess.

You really need your new stadium to start gaining financial advantages again, Dens is a killer as it stands.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Your budget isn't as good as you're thinking it is, it'll comfortably be bottom half this season for example, and you won't be able to outspend sides like Motherwell and St Mirren who are both far more appealing for players in terms of on the pitch stuff. Financially even a club like us will be making more every season despite you having more season ticket holders and a higher average attendance, simply because you make nothing from your stadium. Crowds at our level don't give teams an advantage anymore unless you're also making money away from matches.

The control over a club would be massively appealing for many, but not many will want to build a club from the ground up, as will need done with you lot. Any decent manager looks at Scottish clubs as a 2/3 year job at most. You need an entire recruitment set up created and in place and operating before the season ends, I'd imagine a manager would get carte blanche to hire who they want to do that and chuck money at it, though I guess.

You really need your new stadium to start gaining financial advantages again, Dens is a killer as it stands.

I really doubt our Premier League budget will be less than Motherwell or St Mirren. They're more attractive options no doubt and indeed, at least Motherwell can throw decent money about if they wanted to, I think you're underestimating the lengths Nelms would go to to make James McPake a success.

For instance, the rumour was that we were footing near £3000pw for Griffiths & although he's paid externally, and through a different company Adam is supposed to be on around 4-5kpw.

42 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Ross would be a good appointment. He has experience of winning a relegation battle, albeit at a level below and with having a January transfer window where he shipped out 10 and brought the same in - without that, its clearly a major disadvantage. 

Strengths are his man management skills - all his players seem to talk highly of him. Tended to play a 4-2-3-1 with us, certainly in the championship winning season, no idea if he played the same style with Hibs.

I don't know if he'll keep you up, but at least you'd have a decent chance of coming straight back up with him in charge. And, if he goes to you, at least he'll stop nicking all our best players.