All things Dundee FC

Guest Wieghortsnut
1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Lets get this right here.

We've binned off Cummings who scored freely at the start of the season along with crucial goals to get us promoted last season. 

McPake threw an unfit Griffiths straight in for Cummings who we subsequently treated like shite only for Griffiths to be gone by February.

Pathetic from Dundee FC once again. 

If McPake has any belief in his own signing (Jakubiak) why is he going on loan when we currently have two strikers to our name.

We're going down folks. McPake has to go and this club needs to move in a new direction. 

Utterly scandalous the shite we're subjected to under the current regime. 

Thank you. 

Couldn't agree more but surely to f**k mcpake has a back up play striker wise. There was always the chance that griffiths would knock us back so there must be another option because if we go the rest of this season with Danny "I dont score goals but runabout" Mullen and Zak "I've only played in the championship" Rudden we're goosed

Robert Snodgrass has played 3 times up front in his career.

So he'll not be the solution either.

We can't loan anyone now. The only other options available are going begging back to Griffiths - which we aren't (correctly) going to do or sign someone that we know is completely finished and on the scrapheap currently and hope he does a David Clarkson.

34 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Robert Snodgrass has played 3 times up front in his career.

So he'll not be the solution either.

We can't loan anyone now. The only other options available are going begging back to Griffiths - which we aren't (correctly) going to do or sign someone that we know is completely finished and on the scrapheap currently and hope he does a David Clarkson.

Listen, all I'm saying is that Sofien Moussa helped us in a relegation battle before...

8 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I get that - his choices have led him down some worrying paths that he's openly struggled with - it's maybe that he's decided he wants a slightly easier life and QP have offered him a nice earner whilst doing so. 

He owes the club nothing. 

Love or hate him...... I will always buy Leigh Griffiths a pint for those glorious few minutes against Engerlund.

Guest Wieghortsnut
44 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Listen, all I'm saying is that Sofien Moussa helped us in a relegation battle before...

We were always a better side with him in the team

4 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

So bring me up to speed here Dees......Celtic have definately stated they dont want Griffiths back.... Yes?

Dundee FC have released Leigh Griffiths.....Yes?

Celtic have released him. He has rejected Dundee's contract offer so we didn't release him. 

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The loan automatically terminated as at midnight on 31 January - the day that Cektic officially released him.

Yep.  But my point was we didn't release him, we offered him a contract and he rejected it.  He was unattached as of midnight on the 31st.  

23 minutes ago, K.T said:

Imagine Griffiths signs for St Johnstone then gets his 10 game ban for kicking the flare into the St Johnstone crowd.

He'll be nowhere near us.

On 01/02/2022 at 11:05, Mr. Alli said:

McPake has had a shocker - but I'm a tad confused about how St Mirren fans are here showing off. Gogic is fucking hupny and Jones is a sand dancing shithouse (like Paul McMullan). 

You started this season wanting £3m for your star man. Then your fans wanted him gone because he's been shit and would accept £300k. He then had a decent game and wasn't worth selling for £300k as he could get you up the league. He was sold yesterday for £100k (and subsequently it was worth it because his head wouldn't have been in it). 

:lol:

Gogic was fuckin phenomenal the other night by the way. Don't know what Jack Ross done to him at Hibs.

You might want to speak to @Ricabout his 3M price tag 😂 can never tell if hes being serious or not😋.

Did Griffiths not play at least once for the Green Bigots this season? I thought he had, which would mean he could only play for them or us again this season. I'm presuming not, but I thought he did get a game early in the season...

Edited by Spikethedee

40 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

He’d have been nowhere near Geoff’s team but Steve and his hammer thrower mates? Wouldn’t be quite as confident.

We're trying to build a team of hard working athletic players with good attitudes. A wee fat peado ain't it.

On 04/01/2022 at 06:00, CanadianDee said:

but what is going to happen here is that we're going to chase Cummings off to Oz, completely fall out with Griffiths when he fails to get his condition sorted over the break and his loan will be mutually cancelled.

On the 31st of January McPake will bring in a promising striker playing in the conference in England add him to our strikeforce of Danny Mullen and Alex Jakubiak...

I know that it is probably poor form to quote oneself, but I said this back at the beginning of January and well... in terms of fit strikers now we have Danny Mullen and Zak Rudden.  So we sourced a forward from the Scottish Championship, but could only secure him by sending Jakubiak the other way. We did chase Cummings to Oz and we did fall out with Griffiths. 

Now I'm not defending the professionalism or lack thereof with reference to Cummings and Griffiths. How do Nelms (if he was even here?) and McPake roll into to Dens every day in January and not have a plan for this totally mapped out by say the 15th. Give Griff an offer and tell him we need to know asap because we can't be left holding the bag on the 31st. If we want to ditch Griffiths then what are we doing letting Cummings go? And if we want them both to move on then why are we left now with Mullen and Rudden???

Firstly Mullen should be a 3rd of 4th choice striker at this level, and Rudden, although very promising is being put in one hell of a tough position - we're now depending on him to come up with the goods to keep us in the top tier. Nothing like dropping him straight into the mixer. We're going to wind up with McCowan and/or McGinn leading the line at some point, aren't we?

I guess what I'm saying is why don't we have another striking option here and what the hell are Keyes, Nelms and McPake playing at?