All things Dundee FC

11 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Why are St Mirren fans getting so excited after signing Gogic and Jordan Jones? :lol:

We've had a solid, probably unspectacular window. Goodwin managed to get his targets and shift deadwood from the squad.

Compared to McPake he's had an absolute blinder. 

McPake deserves the key to the blue half of the city if he keeps this team up this season, a lot of your issues are his own doing right enough but it would be a good achievement considering all the shit that has went down as well.

So  apart from any free agents still looking for a late deal we both go with what we have got!

The difference in getting to the play-off penalty shoot out may be down to who Rudden has chosen and how he performs!  

Edited by Center half

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

We've had a solid, probably unspectacular window. Goodwin managed to get his targets and shift deadwood from the squad.

McPake deserves the key to the blue half of the city if he keeps this team up this season, a lot of your issues are his own doing right enough but it would be a good achievement considering all the shit that has went down as well.

It’s been some window from Mcpake, guy has had an absolute howler. 

9 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

So basically we completed all our necessary paperwork and submitted it in time, but Bournemouth didn't get theirs submitted until after midnight, so now it's the SPFL's call as to whether or not the loan deal is official.

Omni-fucking-shambles.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/2964603/dundee-face-anxious-wait-to-see-if-loan-deal-for-bournemouth-defender-zeno-ibsen-rossi-can-go-through/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

That’s what happens when you don’t have yourself organised early in the transfer window. The biggest glaring issue in our side is how bad our left back is at defending. 31 days to fix this problem and nothing. 

Nelms has to stop fucking off to America during the last month of the transfer window 😡

Defeat tonight and things will turn messy. 

25 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

That’s what happens when you don’t have yourself organised early in the transfer window. The biggest glaring issue in our side is how bad our left back is at defending. 31 days to fix this problem and nothing. 

Nelms has to stop fucking off to America during the last month of the transfer window 😡

Defeat tonight and things will turn messy. 

I'm raging already and it's only 10.40 am. 

2 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

McPake has had a shocker - but I'm a tad confused about how St Mirren fans are here showing off. Gogic is fucking hupny and Jones is a sand dancing shithouse (like Paul McMullan). 

You started this season wanting £3m for your star man. Then your fans wanted him gone because he's been shit and would accept £300k. He then had a decent game and wasn't worth selling for £300k as he could get you up the league. He was sold yesterday for £100k (and subsequently it was worth it because his head wouldn't have been in it). 

:lol:

We brought in a RB from Leicester, but really a LB would've been better. McPake literally tapped Rodgers on the shoulder in Glasgow the other night and said 'hey mate I've got a cap for Norn Iron so keeping that in mind got any players going about?'. We attempted to sign a CB at the eleventh hour and are now being told that the paperwork may not have been done on time, are you effing kidding me? Oh and said defender just so happens to be a guy that we played in the relegation playoffs for Killie. McPake's scouting network appears to only extend as far as his field of vision during a game against another team or somebody he knows personally from his playing days or his pals network. How did Chapman sneak thru the tight scouting circle at Dens.

And finally we appear to now be left with two 'strikers' - Rudden (who has never played at premier level), Mullen (at tier 1 in Scotland he should be a bench option only probably). Sending out Jakubiak on loan, no problem as I'm not very high on what his abilities are or future is, but to jettison Griffiths and Cummings without finding one legit replacement for them is ludicrous. I mean say what you will about them being a pair of neds (football is loaded with neds), they also happened to be 2 of the 3 players in our squad capable of turning a game with a moment of magic. No pressure on Rudden at all to score goals to keep us in this division then. I hope he turns out great, but that's a poor position to put him in. What are the chances of us having to play McGinn or McCowan as a striker in the near future?

It's all a joke and all the excuses I've seen online from the happy clapper set don't wash because County, Livi, St Johnstone, and more teams got players in at the needed positions and in a much more timely fashion. As we all know it could all go pear shaped for any signings, but at least they're trying... to me it all feels white flaggish to me from the trio of doom - Keyes, Nelms and McPake.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think we're gubbed. We're going to need Rudden to hit the ground running like a man possessed , we're going to need Legzdins to become Buffon, we're going to need the new RB to be the best thing since sliced bread, and we also need Charlie to get it together big time, and that's just the beginning of what we need. We'll also need St Johnstone's signings to be the biggest collection wasters ever signed since we let McIntyre loose with the signing pen.

I'm hoping for the best, but I'm fearful that we're done for.

Edited by CanadianDee

So, before the window opened, pretty much everyone agreed that we were looking ok going forward and in midfield, but needed to sort out the defence ASAFP. As the window closes we have... checks notes ... signed a RB, a midfielder and a winger, swapped one forward for another, let another striker leave the club and have another striker who is now out of contract and hasn't committed to play for us the rest of the season.

We may also have signed a defender, but maybe not, because the only time in a 31 day (744 hour) window we could do some paperwork was in the last 10 minutes.

Even by our standards, that is an absolutely abysmal month of business.