All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Here are my bold predictions...

We will sign a left back and centre half within the week - Agree on CB, maybe panic buy LB. Another striker will be added (likely Rudden).

Griffiths will sign at least until the end of the season and score at least 6. - Probably 6 months, if 18 I am ripping that ST up.

McGinn will be a revelation and fans favorite. - Feel the same tbh, could be key to bringing our creativity out.

Chapman will be a complete baller and stroll through games. - Hope so, very much a wild card. I think he'll be ok.

We will avoid the play offs and McPake will stay for another year. - I'd fucking bite your arm off for being guaranteed to stay up.

🙄

Like the predictions and appreciate the general optimism. I think we're destined for a play-off final against Inverness, and I will be away hiding if that does come to pass.

The state of that pitch and more so the wind spoilt that game. It’s the worst of the weather conditions to play in. 

The big positive was the performance of McGinn. He’s an improvement on what we have. 

Another was St Johnstone, woeful. Would’ve bit anyone’s hand off for a clean sheet tonight with that defence and somehow we managed it. That’s them pretty much made their signings whilst I’m expecting 3 or 4 in at Dens. 

Highlight was Ciftci 😂 looks money well spent!

Final minute of this interview is quite interesting regarding Griffiths.

He should have done it months ago, but McPake saying he's coming in early every morning to now build his fitness.

Here are my bold predictions...
We will sign a left back and centre half within the week.
Griffiths will sign at least until the end of the season and score at least 6.
McGinn will be a revelation and fans favorite.
Chapman will be a complete baller and stroll through games.
We will avoid the play offs and McPake will stay for another year.
[emoji849]

I think we will still sign 2 decent players, like starting most week players, before the window closes. 2 out of LB, RB, CH or a striker. No more midfielders anyway.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Final minute of this interview is quite interesting regarding Griffiths.

He should have done it months ago, but McPake saying he's coming in early every morning to now build his fitness.

Ludo fair play to you, not got the drive to open that interview up and listen to his droll. 

Btw my keeper list is Bain, Dieng, Simeonson then Legzdins 👍

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

There was at least two instances of Griffiths being free in the box with the ball at his feet

Could you run these (at least) two instances by me, please. I'm having trouble recollecting them. 

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Could you run these (at least) two instances by me, please. I'm having trouble recollecting them. 

Thank you. 

One in the first half, one in the second. Both times he'd peeled off his marker at the back post and was able to control it first time. Both times he lost control of the situation because his belly got in the way and he tried to shape for a shot.

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

One in the first half, one in the second. Both times he'd peeled off his marker at the back post and was able to control it first time. Both times he lost control of the situation because his belly got in the way and he tried to shape for a shot.

Stop typing out lies.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

47 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are those the situations he tried to take the ball down on the thigh?  Fwiw I reckon a match fit and sharp Griffiths does actually bury those two chances.  The positive is he's getting into these positions, the goals will come.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye OK Simba.

25 minutes ago, The Derry said:

Are those the situations he tried to take the ball down on the thigh?  Fwiw I reckon a match fit and sharp Griffiths does actually bury those two chances.  The positive is he's getting into these positions, the goals will come.

I think one on his thigh and one on his foot. I've seen him bury them for years.

He absolutely reeks of a player whos mind is now two steps ahead of his body. Still got the ability find space in the box but doesn't have the ability to finish it.

He'll probably get you ~2 goals in the next 5 months and thats probably fine, but offering him a longer deal than that would be stupid. Hes been unfit for about 3 years now.

19 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Had a wee look at the post match interview.  The one positive I took from it was that McPake has impeccable taste in luxury Swiss timepieces.

@Bigmouth Strikes Again Rolex Kermit? 

AF73041B-66A6-4562-874F-8251B833CDC6.jpeg

Yeah, well spotted Shadow, will set you back about 15k.