All things Dundee FC

7 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

It was a mirror image of the Banks save from Pele , yet that’s been voted best save ever 

Aye, that was pish an all.

Give me Speroni vs Aberdeen at Dens any day over them two.

52 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Ach I’d give it more credit than “wasn’t that good”. Considering the circumstances; you reckon Bain would have saved it?

Depends if he could be arsed or not.

7 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

If Kerr and McGowan start tonight in a loss how many times over the years will they have contributed to utterly diabolical sides? Unfortunately we have no choice with Kerr.

Mullen has been playing pathetic for a month and doesn't warrant a start.

McMullen and McCowan should start with whoever doesn't perform replaced by McGinn and subsequently dropped for St Mirren.

Sweeney needs to start performing aswell, remembering at home against Rangers he looked unbelievable, however there's no consistency. There's an able player in there though somewhere - the same can't be said for a few others.

Legzdins has cost us too much this season, why does Lawlor not deserve a chance? No stats can cover the fact Bain and Dieng were better. Deings now performing superbly with QPR and was another victim of Dundee FC and McIntyres tenure.

I'd be going tonight with:

Lawlor

Mulligan McGhee Sweeney Kerr

McMull Byrne Adam Ando McCowan

Griffiths

No 10 role for McGowan as he's played over years in constant failures - hes not the man to get us out this mess. Keep the midfield 3 compact as we know what St Johnstone play like. Fight like f**k.

I'll be there tonight, start of a massive week which simply has to see the end of McPake when it goes wrong. All the best McPake this is the final stop on the  depressing road to nowhere.

Thank you.

This is how I'd like us to go also.

Agreed regarding keeper.

Give Mulligan a chance at right back. 

Also agree Regarding Mcginn whoever between our two current wingers.

And no need for me to go on about McGowan. 

May be in the minority but my list has goes
Bain ,letheren,ledzgins,

I never once went to a game with Letheren in goal and thought ‘he’s fucking shite’. Don’t actually understand the low regard some of our fans have for him.
I agree with your list.

I’m maybe reading your comment wrong but McGinn isn’t a fullback unless you’re talking about playing him in front of Kerr who’d be left back. 

The signings of McGinn and Chapman if he’s any good should limit Gowser’s playing time to the last half hour of games which he can have a really good impact on. 

I know he’s not usually a full back but he has played there. I see no reason why him and McCowan couldn’t dovetail. Fuck we’ve been playing a guy all season there who isn’t a full back so why break the habit? I’m just trying to get footballers in the team and I think it’s a brave shout to put the young lad in at RB in a game like this.

13 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I never once went to a game with Letheren in goal and thought ‘he’s fucking shite’. Don’t actually understand the low regard some of our fans have for him.
I agree with your list.

I dunno, there were quite a few occasions I’d be going mental at him glued to his line while he watched crossed sail across his 6yd box. 
Same with Hamilton. I think that’s why people appreciated Legzdins so much - he actually commands his area and defenders. 

3 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

I dunno, there were quite a few occasions I’d be going mental at him glued to his line while he watched crossed sail across his 6yd box. 
Same with Hamilton. I think that’s why people appreciated Legzdins so much - he actually commands his area and defenders. 

And tbf the defenders he has to work with are horrific which makes his job harder 

So we’ve now played two of the five games in a row where we play the teams around us.  One point out of six is nowhere near good enough, particularly when you consider we’ve played the team at the bottom of the league.

I saw nothing tonight to suggest McPake can turn this around.  He needs to be binned.

Been watching Dundee since I was a young lad in 1975 and I shit you not, I'm really hard pressed to recall a poorer standard of game.

Being mid 50's now means the £17.50 is neither here or there to sit with the laptop in comfort, however that's two hours of an evening I'll never recover, lol.

Early days though, only two and a half years into McPake's 10 year tenure. No apparent game-plan, no distinctive team shape, a rudderless empty vessel only improved upon with the arrival of Charlie Adam.

Piss off James McPake and at the same time have a word with yourself John Nelms for goodness sake and start doing your job.

Shocking performance, merely my opinion.

After that surely they can see that Griffiths is not the answer. Any chance we have another option up our sleeve (rhetorical question). And I pick on Griffiths cause he is at least out of contract, there were a few out there that have played v Liv and Dumbarton as well and have shown to be no where near it. Maybe a new manager could get more out of them (now completely clutching at straws) 

insomnia sufferers may i suggest sticking this game on...guarenteed to be sleeping before half time....we're shite yet the mini haters looked a lot worse than us

PUNT PUNT PUNT seemed to be the tactics from both sides tonight.

on the plus side i think both clubs will save money on not having to get their keepers kit washed.

1 minute ago, DieDee said:

After that surely they can see that Griffiths is not the answer. Any chance we have another option up our sleeve (rhetorical question). And I pick on Griffiths cause he is at least out of contract, there were a few out there that have played v Liv and Dumbarton as well and have shown to be no where near it. Maybe a new manager could get more out of them (now completely clutching at straws) 

hes certainly not the answer when we just shell aimless high balls up in his general direction.

Guest Wieghortsnut
27 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

United could genuinely eclipse the 6-2's next week.

I have to agree, they will tear us apart. I cant make it due to having nobody for the kids when the missus is working and I'm not even bothered about it. They have to many players with pace and its only a matter of time until Watt and McNulty start scoring because they are getting chances

Edited by Wieghortsnut

10 minutes ago, DieDee said:

Might be an unpopular opinion here, but I would give him an 18 month deal, on a fair (by fair, I mean sensible) wage.

He is improving every game, if we just had a bit more composure playing the ball to the final 3rd, which McGinn might give us I think he could turn into a major asset for us once more.

Or maybe I have been blinded by years of shite on display?

Edited by johnnydun