All things Dundee FC

How can McPake not see, as a defender, what is glaringly obvious to the rest of us.
I feel like I say this about all of our managers.
Thing is McPake wasn't exactly a cerebral player. We're not exactly talking about Franco Baresi here [emoji23] He was a blood and thunder central defender who wouldn't generally be troubling the scorers on Mastermind. He's not any brighter now so it's hardly a shock he's failed to identify or address our defensive issues.

5 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Thing is McPake wasn't exactly a cerebral player. We're not exactly talking about Franco Baresi here emoji23.png He was a blood and thunder central defender who wouldn't generally be troubling the scorers on Mastermind. He's not any brighter now so it's hardly a shock he's failed to identify or address our defensive issues.

I'd say he comes across decently well imo and isn't thick, but I do doubt his tactical mind... quite a bit. 100% correct on his playstyle though, no wonder he's a big Ashcroft fan.

14 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Thing is McPake wasn't exactly a cerebral player. We're not exactly talking about Franco Baresi here emoji23.png He was a blood and thunder central defender who wouldn't generally be troubling the scorers on Mastermind. He's not any brighter now so it's hardly a shock he's failed to identify or address our defensive issues.

TBF you're probably announcing Gallagher tonight.

Lawlor

Mulligan       Sweeney           McGhee             McGinn

Byrne                 McGowan

McCowan                                                   McMullen

Adam

Griffiths.

Thank you.

54 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Lawlor

Adam

Griffiths.

Thank you.

Are you McPake? Really!!! (Not all bad - just a few glaringly obvious flock ups)

Legzdins (don't get all this stuff about him, best keeper we've had in a long time)

Mulligan McGhee Sweeny Kerr

Byrne

McMullen Anderson Chapman Adam (replaced by McGinn 60 mins cause he's fcuked)

Griffiths (replaced by Mullen after 25 mins cause he's fcuked) 

Jakubiak, McGowan to replace other players that are Horsefieldish 

Drop Elliot off on a raft on the Tay and tell him we'll pick him up on the way back....  

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Lawlor

Adam

Griffiths.

Thank you.

That’s a team full of absolute jobbers that will struggle badly in the championship.

2 hours ago, DieDee said:

Are you McPake? Really!!! (Not all bad - just a few glaringly obvious flock ups)

Legzdins (don't get all this stuff about him, best keeper we've had in a long time)

Mulligan McGhee Sweeny Kerr

Byrne

McMullen Anderson Chapman Adam (replaced by McGinn 60 mins cause he's fcuked)

Griffiths (replaced by Mullen after 25 mins cause he's fcuked) 

Jakubiak, McGowan to replace other players that are Horsefieldish 

Drop Elliot off on a raft on the Tay and tell him we'll pick him up on the way back....  

Best keeper we've had in a long time? Jesus 😳

4 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I know Jack Hamilton was painful but christ. Bain was better than Legzdins, easily. 

That's it, just because Legzdins has been better than Hamilton doesn't mean he's the best we've had in ages. Takes an eternity to do anything, and he should've prevented quite a few shots we've faced from becoming goals this season. 

9 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

Best keeper we've had in a long time? Jesus 😳

Well, it's just factually correct.

In the past 10 years we've had:

Letheren, Bain, Mitchell, Schenk, Parish, Malherbe, Dieng, Hazard & Ferrie.

Only Bain gets close to Legzdins really and that was because he was one of the best keepers in Scotland for about 6 month. After that spell, even Parish statistically outperformed Bain in the same Dundee team.

Legzdins has kept the same number of top flight clean sheets in 21 league games as Bain did in his final 50 league games for Dundee which is 4.

And I think we could all agree that the defence of Gadzhalov, Konrad, Meekings & Jack Hendry are significantly better options than the likes of Liam Fontaine.

Bain could pull off some amazing saves, but he couldn't organise or command his box in near the same way that Legzdins can.

Edited by Ludo*1

7 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I know Jack Hamilton was painful but christ. Bain was better than Legzdins, easily. 

Are you back to watching Dundee regularly again? I thought you'd packed it in?

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Are you back to watching Dundee regularly again? I thought you'd packed it in?

I haven't been to a game in fucking ages, no. I had hoped to get to a few games with my old man but that didn't happen and tbh it's not high on my list of priorities at the moment. 

What that has to do with Legzdins being better than Flapjack, but inferior to Bain, I have no idea.