All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

I thought McGowan was about our best player but it was a low bar.
Great that clown hands is out.

He's a top keeper IMO. But Speroni displaced Langfield with a cup performance. Time for Lawlor to try and do likewise.

Edited by Ludo*1

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Well, we're through but that was every bit as bad as the game against Livi if not worse.

Agree 100% Ludo, totally devoid of ideas throughout. No doubt we'll hear the 'it's all about the result' nonsense but anyone watching today can see how poor we are. Nothing to suggest today's result will give us a boost ahead of Wednesday

I know we are all wanting Jack Ross in and he is clearly miles better than what we have.

Is he the only option though? I mean I know the guy is Derry'd oot his nut, but as a Manager, he has 1 relegation, 1 promotion and even with 2 Cup finals with Hibs, The Hibees really don't rate him.

23 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I know we are all wanting Jack Ross in and he is clearly miles better than what we have.

Is he the only option though? I mean I know the guy is Derry'd oot his nut, but as a Manager, he has 1 relegation, 1 promotion and even with 2 Cup finals with Hibs, The Hibees really don't rate him.

Paul Hartley - Manager of the Month - Dundee Football Club - Official  Website

4 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

If, or when, McPake goes I do wonder if Hartley will be in the frame or has he had his time at Dundee and they'd look elsewhere?

Not when McPake goes. When McPake goes there'll be a massive push from the support for Jack Ross to the point that anything else would be deemed unacceptable.

Jack Ross, whether he's a good manager or not, is a choice that would finally unite a fanbase that's been fractured since we replaced Barry Smith with Bomber Brown.

Maybe the time after that, if Hartley is still doing well at Cove then the section of the support that didn't like Hartley will remember him a bit more fondly.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not when McPake goes. When McPake goes there'll be a massive push from the support for Jack Ross to the point that anything else would be deemed unacceptable.

Jack Ross, whether he's a good manager or not, is a choice that would finally unite a fanbase that's been fractured since we replaced Barry Smith with Bomber Brown.

Maybe the time after that, if Hartley is still doing well at Cove then the section of the support that didn't like Hartley will remember him a bit more fondly.

Thought as much. Stock would need to be a bit higher and many would classify it as a risk. Dundee would be looking for someone very proven at Prem level.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

It honestly is pretty incredible we're about to play a team that's even more miserable right now than us.

Get them beat.

Spoiler

No, I don't see it happening either. Maybe if we've got Rudden, Allan and an entire new backline for Wednesday.

28 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Would you take Saft Feet?

9 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Would you take Saft Feet?

Kelty were worse today than when we played them under Barry Ferguson last season, I wouldn't get too hyped up about Thomson tbh.

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Nah. It'd be like starting a fresh with another McPake.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kelty were worse today than when we played them under Barry Ferguson last season, I wouldn't get too hyped up about Thomson tbh.

I wasn't getting hyped, because the Johnnies are pretty parp just now.

I think it would be too early for him too, it was just another Manager that may be in the frame, if it ever came up, because of the Dundee connection.