All things Dundee FC

I’m more bothered about the tactical side of the game in those hour long discussions than telling someone they’re pish and not putting 100% in. McPake and tactics worry me. 

20 days into the transfer window and we’ve still not signed a defender, it’s farcical. 

3 minutes ago, DieDee said:

Worrying that there doesn't seem to be any rumour around a LB, was McPake so happy with Marshall that he didn't think this was a priority. That said I'd go for a new manager over a new LB if it were a straight option.  

He said on Radio Scotland before the Aberdeen game having Marshall back was great because he’s massive for us 🤦🏻‍♂️ Not so sure the manager’s seeing what we are. 

13 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I've said it before, but having the only two rich Americans on the planet who actually reward failure instead of instantly firing the cause of it is one of the most Dundee things ever.  The actual most Dundee thing ever was mentioned up the thread. You just know that when Saints can Davidson, they'll appoint Ross and stay up at our expense whilst we're still stuck floundering about with McPake. 

Lol...

24 minutes ago, DieDee said:

Worrying that there doesn't seem to be any rumour around a LB, was McPake so happy with Marshall that he didn't think this was a priority. That said I'd go for a new manager over a new LB if it were a straight option.  

His hamstring being buggered might stir McPake into action. I foresee another Tom Field-esque 'last minute cover' signing at full-back.

14 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I’m more bothered about the tactical side of the game in those hour long discussions than telling someone they’re pish and not putting 100% in. McPake and tactics worry me. 

20 days into the transfer window and we’ve still not signed a defender, it’s farcical. 

Farcical is a good word for us. To me it's surreal watching our club operate.

We've got a 'technical director' that has a second job with, checks notes... another team in the very same league!! One half of the gruesome twosome no less.

We've got no scouting system and/or recruitment director. 

Half of our fanbase is so beaten down that if you complain about the state of our club you'll get told that 'we're lucky to have a team to support' or 'well at least when we're in the Championship we win some games' or 'at least the Americans pay the bills' or some other wtf garbage. 

I have had had it up to here and am fed up... so having said that anyone going through to Dumbarton on Saturday?

14 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Lol...

I refrained from commenting on that one. Many people have a weird notion that every living, breathing 'Mercan is a financial wizard and business expert that is a lean mean walking embodiment of business expertise and a six sigma black belt. Most Americans don't know their arse from a hole in the ground. No offence to you of course.

It's even funnier because our owner's business wizardry comes from the fact that he is the son of a rich guy and the first time he operated a business without his father as a partner it failed miserably, oh and our managing director is the pal of said son of said rich guy.

Edited by CanadianDee

I'll say this regarding Keyes: If he does nothing over the next 10 days and doesn't try to improve the club somehow by spending money for another couple of players, he'll have to turn in his Texan card because he doesn't care about winning in sports.

Judging on what part of town he lives in, his house alone has appreciated probably $300K in the last 15 months, so lord knows finances aren't an issue.

3 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

I refrained from commenting on that one. Many people have a weird notion that every living, breathing 'Mercan is a financial wizard and business expert that is a lean mean walking embodiment of business expertise and a six sigma black belt. Most Americans don't know their arse from a hole in the ground. No offence to you of course.

It's even funnier because our owner's business wizardry comes from the fact that he is the son of a rich guy the first time he operated a business without his father as a partner it failed miserably, oh and our managing director is the pal of said son of said rich guy.

I was actually laughing at it because I thought it was a funny comment, not because I disagreed with it. I concur with his thought that most Americans worth hundreds of millions or billions who are sports owners would have taken significant action by now.

6 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

I was actually laughing at it because I thought it was a funny comment, not because I disagreed with it. I concur with his thought that most Americans worth hundreds of millions or billions who are sports owners would have taken significant action by now.

It was funny because it was laughable. American sports owners reward failure every day so I can't wrap my head around why this is surprising to anyone. Especially because Keyes and Nelms didn't show up yesterday, and we know what they are all about by now.

Regardless of that I still can't grasp why when we're in the 2nd tier we try so hard to get out of it, and then when we get into the first tier we do so little to stay in it.

9 hours ago, kevthedee said:

Say what you want about gowser but at least he cares and isn't afraid to put the boot into his fellow players and accept his own performance wasn't good enoughb6f90afdda5252d875128deebb232f60.jpg

This is the usual pish we see in the media time and time again before another routine pumping the following week. Sort it out in house and show it on the pitch or stfu Gowser. The fact that half the players aren’t good enough at this level is as big a problem as any lack of effort. 
Add in the incompetence of the manager and it’s a relegation recipe as clear as day. 

I was thinking today, are the owners even aware of the discontent among the fans? You would think it would be glaringly obvious but you never know.

The time to make our voices heard is long overdue IMO or it’s going to be straight back down without laying a glove on the league and god knows how many seasons more of championship misery.

For once in my miserable life I wish we could just have some sort of hope for the club going forward.

Thank you. 

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

If you read what McGowan actually said you'll note that McPake kept them in the dressing room for the best part of an hour going through them.

McPake couldn't swim through water, he's simply not the answer and imo the owner of the club is allowing this s**t to go down and Needs to be held accountable for his actions. 

4 hours ago, DieDee said:

If you were any player at the moment looking for a move or a club, would you want to he linked with us? Or even thinking about joining us. 

6 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

No he dosnt.

Usual McGowan. He is part of this shite ( granted he says this) but still its all just bullshit. I dont take notice of what gets said in media regarding our performances. Actions speak louder.

So Gowser doesn’t criticise the main reason we are in the position we are in - the players recruited have not resulted in a team capable of doing well  OK.  That comes down to the McPake’s recruitment or his lack of ability to coach them and form a balanced team.  

In other words McGowan has taken aim at the easier option (his team mates) and ducked the hard option.  Best to say nothing at all if you’re not prepared to address the real issue.

On 19/01/2022 at 14:58, RossBFaeDundee said:

How long til we get one of these, eh?

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/1751527/paul-mcgowan-dundee-fc-ayr-rant-comments-quotes/

My guess is after losing 2-0 to St Johnstone next week.

I only had to wait a day fwiw lol

14 minutes ago, K.T said:

I just want McPake’s reign of terror to end.

It doesn't make any sense at all.

When Keyes and Nelms joined, it was a long term plan to be a conveyor belt of talented youth coming through the system. Now I would understand McPake staying on long term if this was happening, even if we were in the Championship but with slow progression, I would understand but not thrilled. 

But what we have is a few youth guys, (only 2 imo ready for the first team) paired with guys at the end of their careers, paying past it players wads of cash.

To me this does not support their intended vision, so why not give that gig to a manager who knows what he is doing? 

Nelms was some kind of Director at Houston Dynamo with the kids, surly he has some connections in the US to bring some talent over?

Edited by johnnydun