All things Dundee FC

58 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

When does McPake’s contract run out or is he on 1 of these 1 year rolling contract?

He certainly is.  So, if I understand it correctly, he will always have to be paid compensation to the value of a year’s contract should Nelms finally understand the situation we are in and bin him*

*unless some other club comes in for him and pays us compensation for poaching him 🤣😡

4 hours ago, derrydode25 said:

That's the problem right there, Kerr is a junior player at best he should be nowhere near our starting line-up, he is absolutely diabolical and shocking his awareness and positional sense is some of the worst I've ever seen in a full back, I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing this oh he's Dundee through and through, he's simply not good enough, and as for Charlie Adam don't get me started he's like playing with a man short he's an absolute kert horse slow as death and has offered absolutely nothing for months now, played 2 good games to my knowledge this season, he's costing us week after week when he plays in the middle, his time at dens should be up and sent packing to play for the fintry or something.

I’m not having that from you derrydode25..........there’s a capital “F” in Fintry.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, derrydode25 said:

That's the problem right there, Kerr is a junior player at best he should be nowhere near our starting line-up, he is absolutely diabolical and shocking his awareness and positional sense is some of the worst I've ever seen in a full back, I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing this oh he's Dundee through and through, he's simply not good enough, and as for Charlie Adam don't get me started he's like playing with a man short he's an absolute kert horse slow as death and has offered absolutely nothing for months now, played 2 good games to my knowledge this season, he's costing us week after week when he plays in the middle, his time at dens should be up and sent packing to play for the fintry or something.

I hope you remembered to breathe whilst typing that! 😁 but overall, I agree.  Adam is done and the idea we get something more from him by having this guy or that guy around him is pointless.  I will say the same as I did in the Livi thread - you cant have a play maker (Adam) that cant go 90. He cant go 60 ffs.  That is not a strategy. Especially down 2 goals. 

Tired of this endless need for Adam, Gowser and on and on. True Dees blah blah.  They are done, this squad needs rebuilt. Preferably decent younger players with a future in the squad. 

Ok, I did hold my breath typing this!

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

From memory that's exactly what he's on, a 1 year rolling contract.

Worryingly, yet another day passes with neither a signing, or indeed the required managerial sackings!

Due to the clear level of concern (on so many levels) within the support, you would assume John Nelm's would provide some form of press release regarding the clubs current position.

Obviously not, although in fairness he may be busy lining up Jack Ross.    🙏   

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Yeah, McPake is on a rolling deal. 

Is it a contract that rolls on from 1 summer to the next or is it a contract where he’s always got a year left on it, for example he’s currently employed until 18/1/23 🤷🏼‍♂️

I don’t want the guy to necessarily lose a job within the club but f**k me he can’t continue as the manager. A dereliction of duty not having defenders in in time for the game last night. I sure we all seen last night coming and if there’s a big shock in the cup at the weekend we sure as f**k know who it’ll be. 

Close to shouting for Nelms to go if the obvious isn’t changed. Unless he puts the cash in like Keyes as well of course!

37 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Is it a contract that rolls on from 1 summer to the next or is it a contract where he’s always got a year left on it, for example he’s currently employed until 18/1/23 🤷🏼‍♂️

He'll always have a year every morning he wakes up. 

He'll always have a year every morning he wakes up. 

He’ll have a year until he croaks it at this rate.

I’d drop Adam and play Sparky or Cummings with Mullen.

Be Sweeney and McGhee at CH?

I suppose it’s Byrne, Gowser, McMullen and McCowan?

Probably been posted on here before but what exactly is the relationship between John Nelms and the owner Tim Keyes? 
It astounds me that Nelms pretty much is the board and makes all the big decisions with little or no football experience, and in any other walk of life he’d have had his jotters long ago as he makes poor decision after poor decision with no repercussions 

Probably been posted on here before but what exactly is the relationship between John Nelms and the owner Tim Keyes? 
It astounds me that Nelms pretty much is the board and makes all the big decisions with little or no football experience, and in any other walk of life he’d have had his jotters long ago as he makes poor decision after poor decision with no repercussions 

Don’t know but it feels like no Nelms = no Keyes = no dosh.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Don’t know but it feels like no Nelms = no Keyes = no dosh.

I've said it before, but having the only two rich Americans on the planet who actually reward failure instead of instantly firing the cause of it is one of the most Dundee things ever.  The actual most Dundee thing ever was mentioned up the thread. You just know that when Saints can Davidson, they'll appoint Ross and stay up at our expense whilst we're still stuck floundering about with McPake. 

1 hour ago, kevthedee said:

Say what you want about gowser but at least he cares and isn't afraid to put the boot into his fellow players and accept his own performance wasn't good enoughb6f90afdda5252d875128deebb232f60.jpg

I'm sure he came away with this the last time we were in the Prem and dropped like a stone. Our problems are fundamentally having a shite manager and a poor squad which up until now has been pretty reliant on an ex-EPM midfielder who can barely run, and probably the worst starting defence for decades. No amount of cliches about fight and being in it together are going to sort this. 

2 hours ago, kevthedee said:

Say what you want about gowser but at least he cares and isn't afraid to put the boot into his fellow players and accept his own performance wasn't good enoughb6f90afdda5252d875128deebb232f60.jpg

It's cowardly to be coming out with that pish.

Just an easy way to escape fan criticism and shift it entirely onto his team mates. "WEE GOWZER CARES!!" as you slump to another defeat, while those around him get hounded.

Doing these things publicly helps nobody except the person making the statement.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's cowardly to be coming out with that pish.

Just an easy way to escape fan criticism and shift it entirely onto his team mates. "WEE GOWZER CARES!!" as you slump to another defeat, while those around him get hounded.

Doing these things publicly helps nobody except the person making the statement.

I don't think it's cowardly, he has probably said it to his team mates faces too.