All things Dundee FC

Cammy Kerry is poor. Feel bad saying that because he’s one of the few who gives everything and you can see it means a lot to him playing for Dundee. But he’s simply not good enough to start for a premiership side looking to survive.  If he was a player who we signed from down south or wherever else and had no affiliation with the club at all, he’d have been gone ages ago and fans would have been happy. 

However, Fontaine, Marshall, Sweeney, Elliot, Adam, Griffiths, Sheridan, and McGowan are also not good enough. Some can play a squad role but you can’t rely on those players if you want to stay up. Doesn’t look good like.

38 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

There it is... other players were bad so the goalie letting in soft goals is overlooked or excused. They were weak goals from a keepers perspective. Yes of course our other players were shocking, but Legzdins is weak at those two goals last night. He's the last line of defence, that's why he's there and I think he is bang average at best.

The fact that other players are bad shouldn't obscure that he should never be letting the first goal go through his legs from that angle, and the second goal he had the opportunity to hold it but instead pushed the ball back into the action and they subsequently scored. It's poor goalkeeping. I hope he tightens things up.

It's not being overlooked, the goals, categorically were not his fault and he stopped it from being an absolute hiding. 

You're picking at the most bizarre of things and at a player you've even admitted is far from being near the main problem.

Put a better defence in front of Legzdins and they 2 goals don't go in. Put Livi's keeper or St Johnstone's or even Celtic or Hibs or Hearts and there's a decent chance both those goals still go in.

18 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Tbf your mob were always every bit as bad as my team and the Fermers, it’s just your mob we’re extremely fortunate at the start of the season with 1 nil wins after having a couple of efforts at goal and the goalkeeper and 2 centrehalfs performing heroics every week. Tbf they pretty much still are. 

I thought we'd come good - saw them at Easter Road in the 3-0 win and thought we were superb.  Don't think we have won one since!  I don't think you guys have got going.  McPake has put it out there to the senior players - I have a funny feeling you might just see a response.  As much as I think Griffiths is a liability he is also the most natural finisher in the league (and I think he'll knuckle down) - if you can tighten up at the back (a big if) points will start coming.

I really like Charlie Adam and still think he is the key to us staying up this season, but I don't blame McPake for pretty much throwing Adam under the bus in his post-match interviews.

McPake said, 'The senior players have been brilliant for me, they helped get this club promoted, but tonight they let themselves down.'

And that's exactly what Adam did last night. Petulantly getting himself involved in a wee spat which netted him the booking that means he's suspended for the Derby, having a nightmare of a game himself, but worst of all for me, was him passing the buck to a young midfielder to take a free-kick about 18-20 yards from goal in a position where he's world reknowned for.

That's not leadership. We can say what we want about McPake and he deserves to go, but his most trusted player and captain let his manager and team down last night with that attitude and performance IMO.

Looking again at goals last night I think the first takes a slight nick off of Elliot so not a fault of Legzdins (or Elliot). The second Fontaine and Elliot combine to allow a chance no keeper would save. Elliot should never be anywhere near the team and if we had another LB, that has obviously been needed anyway, then that wouldn't have been an issue. Fontaine can play well but has too many games like last night to persist with him and that has been obvious for a very long time. 

55 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

I'll be in the minority here but Anderson hasn't done enough to deserve a start every week. He does alot of running, but I don't see enough from him apart from that

His goals have been a good contribution ( noted this season only the 1 I remember  )... his work rate is pretty good since we have plenty midfielders that don't know how to run or can't be fucked. 

Edited by Robin.Hood

52 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

I'd keep Kerr, Ashcroft 

This is nuts however. You would keep Kerr but have doubts over Anderson ? Going to have to help me on this one 

Keep Anderson, Byrne, Mcghee, McMullan ,McCowan and Mulligan ( just to see what like in top flight, maybe one for the future or right now as needed ).

Only one up for debate right now for me is the keeper. Unsure what I think. Maybe if we got another keeper back up be perfect however if we are to get relegated then Championship be fine.

Edited by Robin.Hood

1 hour ago, LM_0803 said:

I'd keep Kerr, McGhee (even though he's massively dropped off since September, even with his injury), Ashcroft, Byrne, Adam (aslong as we get quick midfielders near him, no one has that in our midfield), McMullan, Mulligan and McGowan.

Bin Legzdins, Fontaine, Marshall, Jakubiak, Elliot, Griffiths, and Mullen tomorrow.

The rest I have my doubts about, including Anderson. Lawlor hasn't had a chance and may well be better than Legzdins but we'll never know. 

That's the problem right there, Kerr is a junior player at best he should be nowhere near our starting line-up, he is absolutely diabolical and shocking his awareness and positional sense is some of the worst I've ever seen in a full back, I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing this oh he's Dundee through and through, he's simply not good enough, and as for Charlie Adam don't get me started he's like playing with a man short he's an absolute kert horse slow as death and has offered absolutely nothing for months now, played 2 good games to my knowledge this season, he's costing us week after week when he plays in the middle, his time at dens should be up and sent packing to play for the fintry or something.

McGowan is not great but last night I thought he was one of few that showed for the ball. Adam offered nothing gong forward and is not fit enough to offer anything defensively. Anderson probably had his worst game but definitely a player there. McCowan awful and McMullen drifted completely out of the game. Elliott needs to find a new club.

Obviously we don't have much options for change without transfers but next game I'd start Lawlor (prob harsh on Legdz), Griffiths, Sweeney, Mulligan, Byrne and Jak (up front).

3 hours ago, derrydode25 said:

That's the problem right there, Kerr is a junior player at best he should be nowhere near our starting line-up, he is absolutely diabolical and shocking his awareness and positional sense is some of the worst I've ever seen in a full back, I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing this oh he's Dundee through and through, he's simply not good enough, and as for Charlie Adam don't get me started he's like playing with a man short he's an absolute kert horse slow as death and has offered absolutely nothing for months now, played 2 good games to my knowledge this season, he's costing us week after week when he plays in the middle, his time at dens should be up and sent packing to play for the fintry or something.

Bit over the top mate?

1 hour ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

McGowan is not great but last night I thought he was one of few that showed for the ball. Adam offered nothing gong forward and is not fit enough to offer anything defensively. Anderson probably had his worst game but definitely a player there. McCowan awful and McMullen drifted completely out of the game. Elliott needs to find a new club.

Obviously we don't have much options for change without transfers but next game I'd start Lawlor (prob harsh on Legdz), Griffiths, Sweeney, Mulligan, Byrne and Jak (up front).

Be good to see the line-up freshened up like that, he'll do f**k all though. Thought the young lad Mulligan looked excellent when he came on, so that's one positive.

Thank you.

31 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

When does McPake’s contract run out or is he on 1 of these 1 year rolling contract?

From memory that's exactly what he's on, a 1 year rolling contract.

Worryingly, yet another day passes with neither a signing, or indeed the required managerial sackings!

Due to the clear level of concern (on so many levels) within the support, you would assume John Nelm's would provide some form of press release regarding the clubs current position.

Obviously not, although in fairness he may be busy lining up Jack Ross.    🙏