All things Dundee FC

What a club we are:
We've got an invisible owner that is represented by another man that is also invisible except for once or twice a year when he manages to pop up and embarrass himself, and the rest of us Dees by doing or saying something dumb.
The club shop, our ticketing system, our stadium, our future stadium plans, the less said the better.
We've got Liam Fontaine playing defence for us in 2022 in the premiership. Read that twice and let it sink in...
We were a mid table championship team with an abhorrent defence that was dragged into 2nd place and through the playoffs by one special, but aging talent. We made one addition to that defence.
We have two forwards (albeit with baggage) that are capable of individual bits of magic, they watch from the bench as Danny Mullen runs about. I've got nothing against Mullen and I respect that some Dees rate him, I do not, and when he is bad he is honking. Also Cummings and Griffiths are being rubbished in the press everyday (I'm not saying they don't deserve a lot of it) often with quotes from our own manager and the atmosphere around the camp can't be good.
Many of our senior players must look at McPake and wonder wtf he is playing at with his tactics and subs and recruiting. I have a lot more to say, but I'm done for now, I've already gone on too long. I mean aside from all that everything is fine, right?
Yup, this. We are bordering on being an absolutely tinpot outfit here, persisting with a joke manager who won't get another managerial gig in his lifetime. Last night was yet another in a long line of meek and pathetic surrenders under this clown.

The fact that Griffiths is still at Dens is risible. His fitness and lack of professionalism is a joke and the excuses I've heard for him can get in the bin also.

Our main man piled his car into a tree when pished and the only other likely source of goals appears to have been ostracised for getting pished in Glasgow.

What was the point in spending all that money to scrape promotion then throw it away due to Nelms' total inability to react to, and resolve problems that literally every Dundee fan can see?

1 hour ago, CanadianDee said:

On the subject of Legzdins I absolutely agree. I've raised the subject of him before with other Dees both on and offline and am usually met with the argument that well our defence is bad so Legzdins gets put in bad positions?

My counterargument would be that I don't care if the other team is passing and running circles around our team if the goalie lets in soft goals then they are soft goals regardless of how bad our defence was leading up to it. 

Ultimately he will never steal us a point or allow us to hold on to a win with a stunning save. I think he get's overlooked because of how shambolic other aspects of our team are, but the bottom line is that Legzdins not very good, imo.

Legzdins pulled off two cracking saves and stopped it being an absolute pumping last night.

9 minutes ago, Den Spark said:

Never mind, Pop Pickers. Four more defeats and we'll be able to dust off that Jim McIntyre golden oldie, "10 In A Row, He's Got To Go".

Can we steal that for Saturday?

16 minutes ago, Wieghortsnut said:

Totally agree

Gave it away last night, middle of the park, charges after the guy, scythes him down, gets himself booked and they've got a free kick twenty yards out. Repeat, every week. IMO.

Keep McGhee, Anderson, Byrne, McMullan and McCowan and start again.  The rest can be dropped off in the middle of the Tay for all I care.

Totally this. I also add the keeper, as back up to a better goalie. He made 2 great saves last night but he was beaten pretty easily for at least 1 of the goals. Cammy could just about be kept too as he’s Dundee through and through and can cover both sides.
I get Anderson gives it away but he is young and he’s playing with shite. Adam gives it away all the time, gets caught in possession all the time and gets booked every match. He’s not young. Charlie played 1 good pass last night and Marshall snapped his hammy chasing it.
We need to stop signing fallen heroes.

28 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Legzdins pulled off two cracking saves and stopped it being an absolute pumping last night.

Sorry mate, making a couple of good saves doesn't excuse letting in two soft goals. Making a good save doesn't absolve him of letting in soft ones. It's his job to make good saves. It's no use to tip a hot shot over the bar, and then let a guy slide one through your legs from a bad angle 10 minutes later.

I will say that I don't think he's anywhere near our biggest problem, but I do think he is an issue and I don't think any other team in the league would swap their #1 keeper for ours. And I do wonder what we might have in our other keeper. I don't rate him.

12 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Your club’s probably got enough points already to stay up tbh. 

I don't think so.  On current form we are every bit as bad as you and the Fermers.  Once Livi, County and St Mirren go above us and Saints turn a corner, I think it will be us for 11th and 12th.  Yes we have a points advantage and yes you are mince, but at least your manager knows he's sh1te.

31 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

Sorry mate, making a couple of good saves doesn't excuse letting in two soft goals. Making a good save doesn't absolve him of letting in soft ones. It's his job to make good saves. It's no use to tip a hot shot over the bar, and then let a guy slide one through your legs from a bad angle 10 minutes later.

I will say that I don't think he's anywhere near our biggest problem, but I do think he is an issue and I don't think any other team in the league would swap their #1 keeper for ours. And I do wonder what we might have in our other keeper. I don't rate him.

The goals were far from his fault. Jeezo. About 10 other players you can blame before Legzdins for last night.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

The goals were far from his fault. Jeezo. About 10 other players you can blame before Legzdins for last night.

There it is... other players were bad so the goalie letting in soft goals is overlooked or excused. They were weak goals from a keepers perspective. Yes of course our other players were shocking, but Legzdins is weak at those two goals last night. He's the last line of defence, that's why he's there and I think he is bang average at best.

The fact that other players are bad shouldn't obscure that he should never be letting the first goal go through his legs from that angle, and the second goal he had the opportunity to hold it but instead pushed the ball back into the action and they subsequently scored. It's poor goalkeeping. I hope he tightens things up.

1 hour ago, Finn Seemann said:

I don't think so.  On current form we are every bit as bad as you and the Fermers.  Once Livi, County and St Mirren go above us and Saints turn a corner, I think it will be us for 11th and 12th.  Yes we have a points advantage and yes you are mince, but at least your manager knows he's sh1te.

Tbf your mob were always every bit as bad as my team and the Fermers, it’s just your mob we’re extremely fortunate at the start of the season with 1 nil wins after having a couple of efforts at goal and the goalkeeper and 2 centrehalfs performing heroics every week. Tbf they pretty much still are. 

4 hours ago, The Derry said:

Keep McGhee, Anderson, Byrne, McMullan and McCowan and start again.  The rest can be dropped off in the middle of the Tay for all I care.

I'll be in the minority here but Anderson hasn't done enough to deserve a start every week. He does alot of running, but I don't see enough from him apart from that

Back up? 🤣 In an ideal world absolutely. However, he’s got absolute dross playing in front of him. The entire back 4 are terrible. Average Championship standard. And that’s why we’ll struggle to even make a play-off place. 

in fact, I’m pretty sure statistically our defence was something like second worst last season in the Championship? I get it’s a whole team who play a role in defending but absolutely Indefensible (pun not intended) that McPake has gone into the Premiership with largely the same defence. 

Arghhh how shite is it being a Dundee fan?!

4 hours ago, DieDee said:

and while this is true it is only part of the picture as the line up last night, on paper, looked fine given who was available. The bit he fails to mention is his recruitment, getting his players fit, at least keeping their skill levels up (many out there last night looked as if they'd never seen a ball before), his tactics and my favourite, his motivation. Imagine being motivated by McPake, what king of person would that be.

Not having a go here but on paper that defence and Mullen as the lone striker are nowhere near good enough. I’d replace all 5. I do understand you’re on about with injuries and suspensions but we need way better than we’ve got. 

I'd keep Kerr, McGhee (even though he's massively dropped off since September, even with his injury), Ashcroft, Byrne, Adam (aslong as we get quick midfielders near him, no one has that in our midfield), McMullan, Mulligan and McGowan.

Bin Legzdins, Fontaine, Marshall, Jakubiak, Elliot, Griffiths, and Mullen tomorrow.

The rest I have my doubts about, including Anderson. Lawlor hasn't had a chance and may well be better than Legzdins but we'll never know.