All things Dundee FC

25 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Happy with Griffiths, well done McPake.

eta. now sort the defence.

Thank you.

What's the point in signing him permanently when he hasn't proven himself for the last 5 months? What's going to change?

29 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

What's the point in signing him permanently when he hasn't proven himself for the last 5 months? What's going to change?

I believe he will come good, and thrive here. Looks to be getting fitter as well. Got to be worth a chance. IMO.

eta he's had f**k all service since Adams been out as well.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

4 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

More importantly, he served his purpose. Signed to help get us promoted, and we did with him playing a part. Now he is surplus to requirements since we're above his level.

But yes, it was all definitely about United.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Seeing this after seeing United unveil Watt hasn't really lifted my mood, tbh.

Just sayin'...

FWIW if you get Griffiths even 70% fit he's a no brainer.

Edited by Finn Seemann

Just now, Yenitit said:

The manager doesn’t half make life difficult for himself. Set himself up for criticism if we get beat tomorrow and he’s not strengthened the defence 🤦🏻‍♂️

We haven’t strengthened enough anywhere. Most of the talk has been about Cumdog and Griffiths leaving which would be fine if we were bringing in replacements. Griffiths staying reeks of desperation now IMO. I’d like to see Cumdog given another chance, Griffiths has shown a complete disregard for the club that have tried to rescue his career by being overweight and unfit and while I hope he somehow gets himself together,the evidence of previous months and years suggests that he won’t. 

2 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

We haven’t strengthened enough anywhere. Most of the talk has been about Cumdog and Griffiths leaving which would be fine if we were bringing in replacements. Griffiths staying reeks of desperation now IMO. I’d like to see Cumdog given another chance, Griffiths has shown a complete disregard for the club that have tried to rescue his career by being overweight and unfit and while I hope he somehow gets himself together,the evidence of previous months and years suggests that he won’t. 

Been said previously, but could be the meds he's on make it difficult to shed the weight, if he wasn't bothering in training, then don't think even McPake would be interested.

24 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

I agree. Hopefully Celtic freeing Griffiths is the boot in the bollocks he needs to get his career back on track. It’s now up to him to get his act together and try and earn a decent wage for what he’s used to. 

41 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Cummings showed a complete disregard for everyone associated with the club, with his antics before Aberdeen game. Get him to f**k

1 minute ago, deegolf said:

Cummings showed a complete disregard for everyone associated with the club, with his antics before Aberdeen game. Get him to f**k

Bit harsh. IMO. We've all got pished and made a mess of things at some point.

Run free Cummings, and cause chaos in the box.

Thank you.

39 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Don't get the 'putting the boot into Cummings'. Club captain was done for drink driving, no outrage at all. Double standards. IMO.

Thank you.

Cummings is a c**t, who couldn’t give a f**k about DFC, or anyone associated with it. 

4 minutes ago, deegolf said:

Cummings is a c**t, who couldn’t give a f**k about DFC, or anyone associated with it. 

It's mainly the fact he's not as good as is being made out for me rather than the above.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder stuff.

I don't mind him but out of our two party guy wasters, I'd prefer to take the punt on Griffiths. Understand why others would rather Cummings though.

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Why is that?

His antics before Aberdeen game. If you don’t understand, you’ve never played team sports. That’s my opinion, don’t want to see him playing for us again. If you think his behaviour was ok, that’s up to you. 

3 minutes ago, deegolf said:

His antics before Aberdeen game. If you don’t understand, you’ve never played team sports. That’s my opinion, don’t want to see him playing for us again. If you think his behaviour was ok, that’s up to you. 

Fair enough, just think you're going a bit over the top.

I also played centre forward for Clepington Primary in 1975.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Fair enough, just think you're going a bit over the top.

I also played centre forward for Clepington Primary in 1975.

Thank you.

Hopefully, you didn’t let your teammates down like Cummings did.

Edited by deegolf

19 minutes ago, deegolf said:

Charlie Adam what's yer opinion on what happened with him? 

When he was drink driving do you think he gave any f**k about anyone nevermind the club ? Captain of the team, lead by example? 

Paul McGowan had what 5 assault charges? I could be havering but was a good few. Again people look up to him.

Just bin everyone who is a c**t and made a mistake ? 

Edited by Robin.Hood

33 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's mainly the fact he's not as good as is being made out for me rather than the above.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder stuff.

I don't mind him but out of our two party guy wasters, I'd prefer to take the punt on Griffiths. Understand why others would rather Cummings though.

This I understand. For me regarding last paragraph it's either or. Having both is just mental right now.