All things Dundee FC

Allan I've just found out my Mrs has met him quite a bit over the years. Goes to the same classes at hospital regarding his type 1 diabetes. She hadn't a clue who he was until picture in paper. 

Nothing else to add. But adding someone like him to the team I'd take my hat off to Mcpake. Exactly what we need.

However get defenders in ffs Mcpake. Dosnt change how shite we are at the back 

Edited by Robin.Hood

27 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

George Cran is starting to become a bit of a bullshitter these days. Always respected him, and he certainly seems a decent guy, but it's absolutely clear that he's just guessing now and passing stuff off as 'exclusives'. His latest 'exclusive' is that we suddenly might be interested in signing Griffiths permanently... after he's been the one peddling that we're trying to get rid of him for the past 2 weeks.

Now this Doidge rumour that looks dead before it even started.

I think the Efe Ambrose stuff was of a similar type of pish tbh.

I'm hearing tonight that it might not actually be us that are in for Scott Allan but it may Infact be dundee United, and they are seemingly in some sort of talks or advanced talks with hibs over a transfer fee for him as well. Not sure how much truth there is in it, but I'd say its potentially much more believable than us signing him on a permanent deal. But you never know but it seems a long shot for us considering the position we are in 

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

No, actually it's St Mirren who are the ones to watch.

I personally think which ever way Scott Allan is not ending up at dens, I believe if the strong rumours of utd are in for him then I think he's heading to them, and again if its not utd and it's a straight choice between us and St mirren, then I think he's heading to paisley and he'll go there as he agreed terms with them on deadline day but only for hibs to pull the plug when they couldn't get the Jamie mcgrath deal through. 

18 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

No, actually it's St Mirren who are the ones to watch.

Allan was desperate to join us in the summer after speaking with Goodwin so this will happen as soon as McGrath goes.

We had our chance with Allan and he sat on the bench the majority of the time under McCann. 

Certainly know how to f**k players off (Johnson, Cummings, Wright) who are good players. Allan is the type of player who should've been utilised for years to come at our club.

If we don't sign at least a few defenders this week, we're going down. The weak spots in our squad are continually left, window after window. McPake has until the end of January to bring in at least three players (two at the back) or he really is proving why he's not capable to take us forward long term.

If we win at Livi people will ask where the 'boo boys' are but i'll make it clear now: whether we win the next ten in a row or not, we have to improve our manager and coaching staff at this club to push us on. 

Thank you. 

Seems Chapman is more of a Gowser style player according to McPake anyway. Played with O'Dea and Charlie's mate Ryan Shawcross among others so came highly recommended rather than being a totally random punt.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/2913576/story-behind-dundeefc-signing-jay-chapman-darren-odea-mls-bring/