All things Dundee FC

This is a simple question I've not found the answer to on the dundee website. What do they class as category A and category B?  

I assume A is at least celtic rangers and utd. But then I thought I remembered Aberdeen being A and wondered what hearts and hibs are.

46 minutes ago, derrybiy said:

This is a simple question I've not found the answer to on the dundee website. What do they class as category A and category B?  

I assume A is at least celtic rangers and utd. But then I thought I remembered Aberdeen being A and wondered what hearts and hibs are.

Hibs are good guys.  Hearts, not so much......

I think both Hibs and Hearts are category B.

7 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Worth it just for the lols as they tell us how shite he is!

They're flapping around in a right state/knicker wetting already. Hilarious.

Holtie playing well for Partick tonight, on a side note.

Thank you.

23 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Appears to (unfortunately for them) reflect also on their players.

John Souttar, over two seasons out of six spent on Hearts treatment table and he leaves on a PCA in the Summer to The Rangers with no financial reward to his employers. There's gratitude for you, ex DAB's eh?

Speaking of which, let's have Louis Appere signed on a PCA by next week.

Regards

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Rumour is we have two Dutch trialists in, and took part in the bounce game vs. Forfar. Osaze Urhoghide, also Dutch, reported as a loan target for us. Another rumour yesterday suggested we're looking at bringing in Sydney van Hooijdonk, son of Pierre, on loan from Bologna. Whether or not either of them were among the Dutch trialists is up for specultation.

Eh like this kinda shit.

Mon the foreigners 

Rumour is we have two Dutch trialists in, and took part in the bounce game vs. Forfar. Osaze Urhoghide, also Dutch, reported as a loan target for us. Another rumour yesterday suggested we're looking at bringing in Sydney van Hooijdonk, son of Pierre, on loan from Bologna. Whether or not either of them were among the Dutch trialists is up for specultation.

Sydney looks like a decent prospect.

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

That would make sense to me but I have vague recollections of expecting 3 or 4 category A teams and it being more than that. I've never paid attention because I've got a season ticket but it's for hospitality. I'll hopefully find out next week.

Apparently talks over Urhoghide have stalled for now & talks to restructure Griffith's deal are still ongoing but if its not resolved by Tuesday he'll still be a Dundee player...

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/2911464/dundee-transfer-news-celtic-osaze-urhoghide-stalled-james-mcpake-leigh-griffiths-covid/

14 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Holtie playing well for Partick tonight, on a side note.

Thank you.

I like him as a player. He is better than what we have.  He got mega harsh treatment I felt. Easy scapegoat.  But he did a good job and came up with some goals also. 

Times move on however..... but just nice to have a new left back in .

Speaking to a mate this morning. If we don't sign anyone where do you as Dundee fans see us finishing in the table ? 

11 hours ago, locheedee said:

Apparently talks over Urhoghide have stalled for now & talks to restructure Griffith's deal are still ongoing but if its not resolved by Tuesday he'll still be a Dundee player...

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/2911464/dundee-transfer-news-celtic-osaze-urhoghide-stalled-james-mcpake-leigh-griffiths-covid/

Bloodsport For Fucks Sake GIF by The Suicide Squad

26 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

I like him as a player. He is better than what we have.  He got mega harsh treatment I felt. Easy scapegoat.  But he did a good job and came up with some goals also. 

Times move on however..... but just nice to have a new left back in .

Speaking to a mate this morning. If we don't sign anyone where do you as Dundee fans see us finishing in the table ? 

I think Holt is much better defensively, but Marshall is better offensively. If we had the players to play a good 3-5-2, I think Marshall would be an excellent wing back. I still really like Marshall, but do confess he's been a nightmare defensively of late and in need of a rest from the team.

As for your question, all depends on injuries. If Adam, Byrne & McGhee are available to the end of the season then that midfield keeps us up. If Adam is out for any long duration again then we might be gubbed.

We badly need a CH in for the Livi game though. Only Fontaine out of our regular CH's is available so it'll likely be McGhee at CH as Sweeney is suspended for this one.