All things Dundee FC

20 minutes ago, Denspark1893 said:

Obviously the money could be much more but that was the numbers suggesed on their forum

I can't see us paying a fee in this window and it would be surprising if we did

I reckon Hemmings will be playing in England post window

Let people dream n be happy just for an evening.

I've said this elsewhere but here's my far fetched, insanely hopeful, borderline deluded thought that keeps the plan alive.
He loves a clause. He left midway through his contract with our well wishes. Perhaps, we said we'll put in a clause once your head is right and we are in the Prem, mon back.
Their manager JFH said they've had to accept it... he didn't say it was too good to turn down.
Welcome home Kane 'Clause' Hemmings.

Keep taking the pills Ludo!

49 minutes ago, Denspark1893 said:

Dee fans being a bit deluded here....it is not us in for Kano

Burton lads on their forum seem to think it is Salford  with a fee of at least 100 to 150k

Geat real

I bet you tell your kids that Santa isn't real when they were about five. :(

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If an English football club claims they've received an offer they can't refuse for a player, there's only 2 teams in Scotland that could have offered it, so that's pretty much that.

Hide contents

But maybe...

Pfffft. We pay what we want bud.

Speaking of which, when was the last time we forked out a Transfer fee?

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

See if it's St Johnstone... img GIF

It obviously won't happen but this thread would be sensational if we signed Stewart and Hemmings this month.

Guest Wieghortsnut
8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

So what you're saying is, if we fork out £100k for the worst keeper ever, we could do the same for one of our most prolific strikers of the last 7 years?

Thays exactly what I'm thinking, positivity is key here

5 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Kano is gone for good. Cummings would score as much if he got the chance. IMO.

Thank you.

Cummings is little more than a shite poacher and can't play up top on his own and we're not good enough to give him a partner up top and he's not good enough to play on the wing.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Cummings is little more than a shite poacher and can't play up top on his own and we're not good enough to give him a partner up top and he's not good enough to play on the wing.

Fair enough, it's all about opinions, but Kano on his own upfront didn't work either, so what's your point?

eta. Just don't get the dislike for Cummings, anytime he's played from the start, he will nab a goal.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Fair enough, it's all about opinions, but Kano on his own upfront didn't work either, so what's your point?

He did work IMO. 10 goals in a team that had zero creativity. No McMullan, no Charlie Adam, not even the energy of Max Anderson. He put in a power of donkey work, dragged us up the pitch, notched double figures all whilst suffering from a horrific bout of depression.

He also played up top on his own when he was nominated for PotY in all of Scottish football scoring 22 league goals in the process. He's a guy that's played up top on his own for the majority of his career.

Hemmings would be in the team a lot more, add a lot more to the general team and likely out-score whatever Cummings would get since Cummings hasn't got double figures in a season since playing for Hibs in the Championship in the 16/17 season.

It's all relative since we won't be signing Hemmings, but my point is that you could probably combine the effort and output that Cummings, Mullen & Griffiths will give us this season and it wouldn't reach what Kane Hemmings would do with Paul McMullan stretching defences and Charlie Adam putting the ball into dangerous areas IMO.