All things Dundee FC

52 minutes ago, Hendo said:

So what should the punishment be for this, if he is convicted?

I work in social work - if I was convicted of drink driving, I would lose my job, probably be deregistered and never work in the sector again, also losing all pension rights. My wife would then probably leave me, I'd have to go to court to get access to the children and before long I'd be in a homeless hostel, drinking super lager for breakfast.

So what should be the punishment for Charlie boy? A bit less because he can drag his ageing bloated frame round a football pitch?

Well I don't think your wife should have to leave him for starters

58 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Shaun Byrne was pulled up by the SFA on betting charges in the months after his mum died, our CEO went to the SFA and fought the case with him. As far as I remember he still served a decent length ban but the SFA took the situation into account. Think he also lost his dad in the years before it too. 

Surely a bit of compassion and situational awareness is due in events like these, it's not always just black and white. There's still a guy behind what's happened who's got a lot more going on than folk might realise. I don't think he's went out and decided "drink driving? aye that's what I feel like doing tonight". Is it a bad decision? 100% yes, but it's not some random thing he's decided to do for a laugh I would think, he absolutely had alternative options he should have made use of but for whatever reason didn't.

Totally different scenario. If Shaun Byrne had a gambling issue, the only person affected by that is himself and his family and clearly he needs support to address any issues. Drink driving could put others lives at risk though.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

I work in social work - if I was convicted of drink driving, I would lose my job, probably be deregistered and never work in the sector again, also losing all pension rights. My wife would then probably leave me, I'd have to go to court to get access to the children and before long I'd be in a homeless hostel, drinking super lager for breakfast.

So what should be the punishment for Charlie boy? A bit less because he can drag his ageing bloated frame round a football pitch?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

apart from all that whats the worse thing that could happen...some fucking life you must have 🤣

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Charlie Adam is of course an idiot to have done what he did, however let's not overlook the absolute fucking state of the above 😂

Drink driving gets right under my skin, to get so pished that you end up wrapping your car around a tree is ridiculous, can only be thankful that his awful actions haven't affected anyone else. I do wonder if any of the posters on here lamenting how rough a time Adam has had would be quite so forgiven if he'd taken out someone they knew? 

I find it baffling that it isn't a more harshly punished crime. 

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Drink driving gets right under my skin, to get so pished that you end up wrapping your car around a tree is ridiculous, can only be thankful that his awful actions haven't affected anyone else. I do wonder if any of the posters on here lamenting how rough a time Adam has had would be quite so forgiven if he'd taken out someone they knew? 

Obviously not, you fucking moron.

What a load of mewling pish. Post it on Facebook, you might get some likes 'n' shares [emoji23]

3 hours ago, Big Gus said:

Someone had to come on here and make a scene. Well done Grant228.

Christian Bale Nodding GIF

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

Blink 182 Reaction GIF