All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Are you two just making things up? I fail to see where anyone has made an excuse for him.

He is going through a hard time but I think people have been quite clear in their posts to state that it's still not acceptable and that he will rightly need to face the consequences of his actions.

How does him going through a hard time have any relevance to this? If people aren't making excuses then why do they keep referencing it? You can't say no excuses, then follow it up with an excuse. 

"No excuses but he's had a rough time" 

f**k him the selfish, selfish b*****d, being good at kicking a ball doesn't excuse you for those actions, guaranteed if he wasn't a good footballer for Dundee you'd have the fans of Dundee rightfully condemning the actions of a p***k. As it is for every post that says there's no excuse, it's swiftly followed up with an excuse. 

32 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

How does him going through a hard time have any relevance to this? If people aren't making excuses then why do they keep referencing it? You can't say no excuses, then follow it up with an excuse. 

f**k him the selfish, selfish b*****d, being good at kicking a ball doesn't excuse you for those actions, guaranteed if he wasn't a good footballer for Dundee you'd have the fans of Dundee rightfully condemning the actions of a p***k. As it is for every post that says there's no excuse, it's swiftly followed up with an excuse. 

When big Rab asks you to drive him hame, you drive him fucking hame.

rab.jpg

56 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Because there's reasons for doing utterly moronic things sometimes. It doesn't excuse it but does go some way to explaining why people do the most stupid and selfish of things.

24 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

And the reason in this instance, is that Charlie Adam is a selfish p***k. 

Grief isn't a reason, nor an excuse. 

No-one is saying grief, but in the last 12 months for one of your brothers to go on a life support machine then lose their sight, for your other brother to fall into an addiction battle and then end up tearing the family apart by stealing your grandfather's money and then have your mum die is a pretty grim time of it. Not to add that this is all unfolding in public view, must be pretty tough. It's certainly not an excuse, and Adam needs to get hammered for it. It's absolutely not excusable in this day and age. It's shite behaviour.

It doesn't mean it's just aw he's a selfish w**k and couldn't be bothered to get a taxi either though.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

34 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

And the reason in this instance, is that Charlie Adam is a selfish p***k. 

Grief isn't a reason, nor an excuse. 

Charlie Adam is of course an idiot to have done what he did, however let's not overlook the absolute fucking state of the above 😂

7 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Very hard year for Adam and despite drink driving not being an excuse, who knows what the situation is.

He's certainly been doing the business on the pitch lately. Take your punishment and move on Charlie, learning from this as we all do going through life.

A shout out to all the DAB and Celtic wanks who can only get a hit out someone else's situation - you're a bunch of fucking sad acts. Half these morons will obviously have never done any wrong in their lives. Get a life you fuds.

Thank you.

So what should the punishment be for this, if he is convicted?

I work in social work - if I was convicted of drink driving, I would lose my job, probably be deregistered and never work in the sector again, also losing all pension rights. My wife would then probably leave me, I'd have to go to court to get access to the children and before long I'd be in a homeless hostel, drinking super lager for breakfast.

So what should be the punishment for Charlie boy? A bit less because he can drag his ageing bloated frame round a football pitch?

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I work in social work - if I was convicted of drink driving, I would lose my job, probably be deregistered and never work in the sector again, also losing all pension rights. My wife would then probably leave me, I'd have to go to court to get access to the children and before long I'd be in a homeless hostel, drinking super lager for breakfast.

So what should be the punishment for Charlie boy? A bit less because he can drag his ageing bloated frame round a football pitch?

At least your optimistic.

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

He'll probably get a 12 month driving ban and about a 500 pound fine. 

I doubt he'll lose access to his family or career. That's just you being frankly mental...

25 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

No-one is saying grief, but in the last 12 months for one of your brothers to go on a life support machine then lose their sight, for your other brother to fall into an addiction battle and then end up tearing the family apart by stealing your grandfather's money and then have your mum die is a pretty grim time of it. Not to add that this is all unfolding in public view, must be pretty tough. It's certainly not an excuse, and Adam needs to get hammered for it. It's absolutely not excusable in this day and age. It's shite behaviour.

It doesn't mean it's just aw he's a selfish w**k and couldn't be bothered to get a taxi either though.

Shaun Byrne was pulled up by the SFA on betting charges in the months after his mum died, our CEO went to the SFA and fought the case with him. As far as I remember he still served a decent length ban but the SFA took the situation into account. Think he also lost his dad in the years before it too. 

Surely a bit of compassion and situational awareness is due in events like these, it's not always just black and white. There's still a guy behind what's happened who's got a lot more going on than folk might realise. I don't think he's went out and decided "drink driving? aye that's what I feel like doing tonight". Is it a bad decision? 100% yes, but it's not some random thing he's decided to do for a laugh I would think, he absolutely had alternative options he should have made use of but for whatever reason didn't.

Edited by ATLIS

16 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Actually happened, imo.

19 minutes ago, Hendo said:

You're the sort of c**t people would shift away from on public transport as you spoke to yourself in the mirror.

Something seriously tapped in that skull of yours.

Thank you.

21 minutes ago, Hendo said:

The f**k is this? 

12 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Shaun Byrne was pulled up by the SFA on betting charges in the months after his mum died, our CEO went to the SFA and fought the case with him. As far as I remember he still served a decent length ban but the SFA took the situation into account. Think he also lost his dad in the years before it too. 

Surely a bit of compassion and situational awareness is due in events like these, it's not always just black and white. There's still a guy behind what's happened who's got a lot more going on than folk might realise. I don't think he's went out and decided "drink driving? aye that's what I feel like doing tonight". Is it a bad decision? 100% yes, but it's not some random thing he's decided to do for a laugh I would think, he absolutely had alternative options he should have made use of but for whatever reason didn't.

Has he had a shite time? Yes.

Is he a shite head for drink driving? Yes.

Of course no one sets out to drink drive, but the second you have a drink and even think about driving, you have discounted every other person on the road, paths and are potentially condemning them to lifelong injury, loss or death.

I feel for him losing close family, I guess a good few of us here have, but never would that be an excuse to put someone else's family at risk.

He's done great things for Dundee FC, but this is far bigger than football. He absolutely should have a big driving ban, match ban given by the club itself and of course a fine.

Well, that escalated quickly.

5 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
48 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Well, that escalated quickly.

The "I had hookers snorting coke off ma boab" bit was my favourite.