All things Dundee FC

36 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

What's the word Ross regarding Sir Charles contract with ourselves?

Cheers 

I have nothing more than that tweet above to go off of, but I would assume that 'good news for Dundee fans re. his contract' is a hint of an extension all but announced.

2 hours ago, K.T said:

What’s the chances of the derby being moved for tv? I see the OF and Edinburgh derbies are on sky. Are we safe to assume we’ll still be a 3pm KO?

Dundee derby isn’t on TV.

They're deciding to show a goalless Edinburgh derby instead

On 02/12/2021 at 10:12, Toby Marsh said:

I just looked at our next five fixtures and didn’t realise how tough they are.

Rangers (A)
Ross County (A)
Hibs (A)
Hearts (H)
Aberdeen (A)

The Motherwell and St Johnstone win could be crucial as let’s be realistic here, we’re not going to take a lot of points from these fixtures although I’d love to be proved wrong. If we were to get 5 points from these games then I’d be happy with that.

Scrapping out a 1-0 win away to County after a 0-5 chasing from them at Dens would be entirely typical of us imo. Rangers and Hibs will probably beat us fairly easily. A point away to the sheep would be not unexpected and Hearts are a bunch of utter absolute bottlers. A bold prediction of 7 points here. 

5 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Ashcroft needs surgery on a tendon in his hamstring (thought your hamstring was the tendon ?) and will be out for 12-16 weeks meaning he probably won't be back until March according to the courier. New CB required asap then 😕

Corey painter to the rescue, although I feel like he was sighed to bolster the youth academy??

5 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Corey painter to the rescue, although I feel like he was sighed to bolster the youth academy??

Thought he was signed as cheap cover for left back tbh. Tbf I'm probably happier seeing him cover in at CH than I am seeing Elliott in as CM

No surprises there, we move on.

Aberdeen battered St Mirren which is good, and the fermers-teuchters game being postponed is just fine for us imo. Hopefully Anderson will get over his niggle and McGhee will be back for next week, and we go up to Dingwall with a mindset of getting payback.

17 minutes ago, The Derry said:

I've been a supporter of Griffiths from the moment he came back, but that body is completely not on for a professional footballer.  

Spot on, thought that in midweek, he's got a beer/kebab gut. Unacceptable.

1 hour ago, The Derry said:

I've been a supporter of Griffiths from the moment he came back, but that body is completely not on for a professional footballer.  

55 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Spot on, thought that in midweek, he's got a beer/kebab gut. Unacceptable.

Yeah, I have to agree totally with the above comments regarding Leigh Griffiths current physique. Thought as much also in midweek when he came on in the St Johnstone game. However due to the positive vibes following two wins no way was I bad mouthing after such a superb team performance.  

I was against his signing, however he's here and the least he can do is show our club and his manager the professional respect they're entitled to, imho.  If not, off you go Leigh, this is a business and not a charity, that's the reality.

Merely my opinion.

Aside from his gut/fitness the other thing that was glaringly obvious from the minute he came on was his inability to cope with the situation. He looked like he was heads gone as soon as he came on which unfortunately hasn’t been an isolated incident since he came back. Really wanted him to kick on but I agree with others and think we should cut our losses in January.