All things Dundee FC

4 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Don’t worry D Total.  I’ll make sure several Derry Rumbas are started in the Derry tonight!

Loved the atmosphere at the final whistle in the Derry tonight. 

Loving the Derry Rumbas coming back as well, been too long imo. 

Only 9 points behind the Dab minks now with a game in hand. 

St Johnstone continue to be just what they always will be, a derby on a par with Arbroath and Forfar. 

DDYB 

Hilarious when the announcer read out the names of the Saintees substitution. Two guys with the longest names in football. Just as well Dundee didn't sub CAMERON Liney Hamilton Cox Seith Ure Wishart Smith Penman Cousin Gilzean Robertson KERR last night or we would still be there. 

I just looked at our next five fixtures and didn’t realise how tough they are.

Rangers (A)
Ross County (A)
Hibs (A)
Hearts (H)
Aberdeen (A)

The Motherwell and St Johnstone win could be crucial as let’s be realistic here, we’re not going to take a lot of points from these fixtures although I’d love to be proved wrong. If we were to get 5 points from these games then I’d be happy with that.

I honestly don't see any reason why we should fear those teams.  They've been absolute muck all season.  

Go into Rangers game the way we have been playing and we'll create chances, f**k sitting back hoping they only score 1 or 2.  Take the game to these bams.

50 minutes ago, Toby Marsh said:

Rangers (A)
Ross County (A)
Hibs (A)
Hearts (H)
Aberdeen (A)

The Motherwell and St Johnstone win could be crucial as let’s be realistic here, we’re not going to take a lot of points from these fixtures although I’d love to be proved wrong. If we were to get 5 points from these games then I’d be happy with that.

Rangers - Not expecting anything from this- L

Ross County - I'm saying that the last match against them was a complete freak result - W

Hibs - They have been so poor of late - W

Hearts - Hearts at Dens, could even be a win, but I think we can get a draw from this - D

Aberdeen - Blow hot and cold this season, don't see why we couldn't get anything from it - D

I think this is what we can realistically look at for those fixtures.

2 hours ago, Toby Marsh said:

Rangers (A)
Ross County (A)
Hibs (A)
Hearts (H)
Aberdeen (A)

Don’t see why we shouldn’t be optimistic about picking points up in 4 of these games tbh. 

Don’t see why we shouldn’t be optimistic about picking points up in 4 of these games tbh. 

Yeah I hope we do pick up more points than the five I said but it’s going to be hard ask. Even though Hibs and Aberdeen have been in poor form, you always get that nagging feeling in your head that they’ll always turn it around when we come to town.
Also, going by the stats we haven’t won at Ibrox since 2001, Easter Road since 2001 and Pittodrie since 2004. My gut feeling is we’ll win away to Ross County and get draws against Hearts and Aberdeen.

7 minutes ago, Toby Marsh said:

Yeah I hope we do pick up more points than the five I said but it’s going to be hard ask. Even though Hibs and Aberdeen have been in poor form, you always get that nagging feeling in your head that they’ll always turn it around when we come to town.
Also, going by the stats we haven’t won at Ibrox since 2001, Easter Road since 2001 and Pittodrie since 2004. My gut feeling is we’ll win away to Ross County and get draws against Hearts and Aberdeen.

Apart from McPake’s brain fart games and our really bad luck with injuries I think we’ve done away well so I’m optimistic going into these games. I think we’ll get a doing on Saturday but looking forward to the other 4. Some difficult games in there but not fearing them tbh. A centre half and left back in January should see us do ok this season, hopefully. 

I’ve saw St Mirren’s fixtures and they look every bit, if not more difficult than our run of fixtures. 

Edited by Yenitit

6 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

What’s the story with Jakubiak? Is he still injured from when he was jumped outside underground? That must have been about 3 months ago now

Back into training soon according to McPake.

21 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

What’s the story with Jakubiak? Is he still injured from when he was jumped outside underground? That must have been about 3 months ago now

Mental stuff like that even happens, mind it was only like 2 year ago someone jumped John Black and ruined what looked like a promising career

7 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Mental stuff like that even happens, mind it was only like 2 year ago someone jumped John Black and ruined what looked like a promising career

They never 'jumped' him. He was going around slapping lassies arses and got one punch. It was the impact of the fall that caused the damage. It was his own behaviour that caused the altercation. 

Despite our recent uptick in form and how happy the the last two performances in particular have made me I'm pretty concerned for the next few weeks. Our team is on the knife edge due to injuries/cards... we can't fill the bench, and the options (aside from forwards) from said bench the other night vs St Johnstone looked uninspiring to say the least. We have the smallest roster in the league to start with, and now...

Ashcroft is injured and is on 5 yellows.

Adam is on 5 yellows.

Sweeney is on 5 yellows.

Byrne gone until Jan I believe.

Sheridan gone for the season... opinions differ, but I was unimpressed. Shame about his injury, but not big miss.

Jakubiak, always injured and when he has played it was pretty uninspiring stuff. Should part ways at the expiry of his contract.

Fontaine at the best of times has papier mache for hamstrings. 

We've got 7 games between now and Jan 2nd to navigate and it is quite concerning. Forward line we have good options to see us through, midfield we're pretty thin and if we lose Charles we can't generate any offense when he isn't on the pitch. And in defense we're totally up against it. McGhee coming back soon would help as he would at least generate cover for MF and DF. It'll be interesting. We're getting very close to the official unveiling of Corey Panter whether McPake wants it to happen or not. 

They never 'jumped' him. He was going around slapping lassies arses and got one punch. It was the impact of the fall that caused the damage. It was his own behaviour that caused the altercation. 

Correct but say that to anyone who knows him and you’ll get called all sorts.

[emoji849]

8 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

None of that was in the paper or reported by stv, so Iv no idea about that all I heard is he was hit from behind with the fall to the ground causing the main damage 

So I ken very little about it other than the daily rags