All things Dundee FC

11 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

What's going on here ? 

IMG-20211129-WA0029.jpg

He was Downfield manager in the summer after retiring, left nearly immediately to come out of retirement to play for Edinburgh City, and now back at Downfield as just a player.

Fascinating stuff, to say the least.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

He was Downfield manager in the summer after retiring, left nearly immediately to come out of retirement to play for Edinburgh City, and now back at Downfield as just a player.

Fascinating stuff, to say the least.

I know all that stuff however what I do know / heard that financially there fucked so more of a surprise than anything tbh.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Away to the Rock in the Cup, I'll take that. Should be a good day out hopefully.

Aye the bowling green across the road from the ground will be busy. Had a pint there last time I visited.  Ground is only on one side so it’ll be all ticket!
Peaso with 2, Gavin Rae and Ryan Conroy scored the goals in the 4-1 win last time I was there. 

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So sad that this has mainly passed mainstream media by. A true great of the Scottish game.

McPake loves trying to butter up the fans:

“We need the same energy levels and when the atmosphere isn’t created by the fans we need to get the fans going because when they get behind us, trust me, this is a tough place to come.

“Motherwell found that out on Saturday and, speaking to a few Motherwell players, they mentioned that

It was like a morgue other than a few bursts of singing throughout the match due to everyone freezing their arses off. :lol:

Has there been any game this season where we’ve had our strongest XI? It seems every week we have 3 or 4 players missing and they seem to get injured easily. Is this something to do with training on plastic? Or are they not conditioned properly?

McPake talking about how he knew almost that Ashcroft was headed for disaster. Said he'd prepared Fontaine to come on as Ashcroft's hamstring had tightened, but the incident where a 'rapid' Motherwell player broke free, but Ashcroft done well to recover. McPake says he remembers thinking, 'Just sit down. Even if it meant let them go and score cause they weren't getting back into the game. We were solid enough, we knew that, that's rich coming from when we were 12 minutes up against Dunfermline, but it's a different group now and if we'd got him off, it'd have only been a minor injury, but big Ash, being big Ash, desperate to keep the clean sheet opens up and feels the hamstring go.'

Sounds like it could be a season ender.

McPake goes on to say, 'We'll know more tomorrow, but we're not expecting particularly good news to be honest.'

29 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

McPake talking about how he knew almost that Ashcroft was headed for disaster. Said he'd prepared Fontaine to come on as Ashcroft's hamstring had tightened, but the incident where a 'rapid' Motherwell player broke free, but Ashcroft done well to recover. McPake says he remembers thinking, 'Just sit down. Even if it meant let them go and score cause they weren't getting back into the game. We were solid enough, we knew that, that's rich coming from when we were 12 minutes up against Dunfermline, but it's a different group now and if we'd got him off, it'd have only been a minor injury, but big Ash, being big Ash, desperate to keep the clean sheet opens up and feels the hamstring go.'

Sounds like it could be a season ender.

McPake goes on to say, 'We'll know more tomorrow, but we're not expecting particularly good news to be honest.'

Some club for major injuries 🤦🏻‍♂️

I reckon with Max doing well in midfield and Ashcroft potentially being out, that when McGhee comes back for the big game in Dingwall he'll be back playing at CB for the time being so long as we don't get even more midfield injuries.

Edit - hadn't watched the pre-match press conference, McPake essentially saying the same. Will also step up search for RCB replacement.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

I fucking hate playing St Johnstone.  How their inbred fans find any joy watching their inbred team play in a soulless ugly stadium and watching their inbred defenders punt the ball 400 yards 800 million times a game.  No sane human being could watch that happily.  

Seething I have to be put through it tonight.